Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school » Denby HS Archive of Archives » Archive through June 10, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1607
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb: Love the concept.... I just took my temp ....101.5.....whats the area code for K-zoo.....I need a nurse!

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1919
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I know two nurses in Kzoo...one of them is SE59...I'll be more than happy to send you her number. Are you sure that you want it?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1611
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I feel much much much better ... wow! that was a close call... thanks!

Goblue

Post Number: 1920
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Glad you made that decision...she specializes in emasculation!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1618
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: it was the slow procedure approach that she uses that helped me get better ... to bad that she is not on the medical staff at the White House .... Bush Rove Rumsfeld Libby Cheney all need her specialization ..... I would feel a little better if she could assist all those listed above .... then move on to Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly and Robertson ... and the remains of A. diekoff and H Hammond....

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 409
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Thanks for your erudite and comprehensive school eval post. In no way did I mean to imply it is easy to measure quality of education or intellectual accomplishment. I accept everything you say. Actually I would expect that someone with a fairly good knowledge of different school systems could rank them almost intuitively. But I doubt many parents have the time or inclination to acquire the knowledge for even this. And the DPS experience demonstrates that they can’t rely on “Trust us”. I think we are in agreement on everything, so ‘nuff said…….. except maybe we could convince ES to do his last study before retirement at DPS. He might establish a legacy lasting for centuries and run into SH at Balduck again. Stranger things have happened.

ES: Diidn’t you get enough hands on experience with SH? Now you want to practice more with SE59? Maybe with your vast experience you can draw here out of the shell GB drove her into.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1621
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I actually think at if SE 59 came looking for us we would need a BOMB shelter to protect ourselves ... I think there was one at 7& K's house ... so we might have to make friends with him again.... lets have the diplomat GB call him tonight .... The CSI group has leaked additional info regarding you and the Carey sisters on Parkgrove .. do you want to respond now????

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 412
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Carey sisters? Never heard of them.

Parkgrove? Neven heard of it.

I think 7&K is hiding in the bomb shelter right now... afraid GB will find him.

(Message edited by olddetroiter on June 08, 2008)

Goblue

Post Number: 1927
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: The armed drone has been launched...if he or Z poke their heads out we'll nail 'em.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1624
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: From whammo's to Drones .... You right wing guys in AZ have all the arms ... I always like SR when she would shout out LEAN to the Left ....

Goblue

Post Number: 1932
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Hmmmmmm...I remember SR screaming...but not shouting...and I don't recall anything about leaning...or left.

I have noted that we are rid of the SJ pissants...good fu_king riddance. Lord, they must have lived incredibly boring lives.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1629
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Once again I take back all and everything that I might have said regarding your integrity and insight...... SJ has stifled literally 1000's of individuals over the years .... When on Mapleridge we thought that we had escaped the SJSchool omen ... but it wasn't long before we knew our place once again when a neighbor came over and asked my Mom ( who to this day is a strong methodist and left leaning weatherman radical) if they could borrow the Guardian Angels news ..... What you are not members of GA ??? so we spent the many years in isolation in the middle of the block........

Goblue

Post Number: 1935
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: There were just enough Lutherans on Fordham so that we could make it a good fight...although we were outnumbered...basically it was a "we gotta hang together" sort of attitude on the street. The religion thing didn't come up too much until I dated DC...a Catholic girl who lived next door.

The poor SJ fools actually think that what was going on in those pathetic institutions was education...Freund really should have been employed in the Catholic system...she would have fit right in...so to speak.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1630
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Fruend would have loved the NON-academic science program offered at SJS....but even better would be the class size of 40 to 45 + that she could have selectively put under her desk..... and then having students writing Hail Mary's 10.000 times would have been perfect .... When I see my mom in August I will give her a huge hug from both of us protestants ....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 428
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I bet Fruend would be a holy terror with a ruler. And those Catholics think the nuns are bad. HAW.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1636
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Within a year E. Fruend would have had the whole SJSchool as Right Handed children ... Whack....and then write 500 times ...Whack ... and then write 500 times..... Truly catholic education at its finest .... Saint Evelyn F.

Goblue

Post Number: 1938
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: The term Catholic Education seems to be an oxymoron...with the exception, of course, of a few fine schools like Marquette, Notre Dame, Boston College...

Eastside61

Post Number: 1639
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Whoa .... and don't forget Notre Dame de Namur University.
Go Argonauts

Goblue

Post Number: 1943
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Oh yeah...of course...NDdeN....and...Alma.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1644
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Alma ... ????? Thought that Alma was affiliated with the Methodist church ??? Mormons???? Does Marygrove College count? ... I dated a fox that I met while working at Van Horns ... she lived in GPWoods .... but the catholic thing did get to me ... but she was fine .... OK OK sorry!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 432
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Presbyterian.

Goblue

Post Number: 1945
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Was just checking to make sure that OD hadn't lapsed into one of his trances dwelling on SD...Catholic girls were a whole lot more fun than Lutheran...but Greek Orthodox was even better.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 436
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Every week a different Catholic girl would have to confess to her priest that she had led GB on to the point he actually believed she liked him. After they both had good laugh the priest made her go out with him again as penance.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1649
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Was HT a catholic ? It is rumored that he loved Belle Isle and the Scott Fountain area ......

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 438
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I don’t know if HT was Catholic, maybe Jewish. He observed every Sabbath with GB. GB called him his little “Belle of the Isle”.

Goblue

Post Number: 1951
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: That did it! I think I'm gonna give both you up to the SJ gang...let them do what they will with both of ya...them Catholics can be merciless.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1651
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Gb is starting to panic ... just like he did in the old days ... But to threaten us about being tortured by the SJS 'wus' group is not called for in the least ... HOw could he turn on us so quickly???

Goblue

Post Number: 1956
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/ES: Yer in the crosshairs of my Whammo...your call...surrender or I fire!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1654
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Don't give in ... I just found my Red Ryder BB gun .... and several packs of BB's. Bring it on GB Send that Hessian 7&K out first so that I can practice my aim .... Is that a white flag or a resume in his hand?????

Goblue

Post Number: 1958
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: We've hired numerous Harper Wds. mercenaries...give up now or risk a hail of cherry bombs.