Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Archive through June 11, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1620
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Therapy at Ballduck and Bishop and CPDrive were very meaningful.....I am glad that Billy C has now come clean about his undercover activities .... Always liked those who lived on Spring Garden... do you happen to remember the Ritz sisters who lived between Salter and Kelly Rd....????

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 413
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I remember there were some sisters around there but didn't know their name. Almost right across the alley from you if I recall, maybe a couple houses closer to Kelley.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 1926
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: The only "sisters" you two remember were at St. Jude...ya'll oughta be ashamed of yourselves...such thoughts about the Religious!

Billy C was a reverse double agent...he supplied us with invaluable intelligence about troop movements in an about Mapleridge...he considered those who lived on the east side of Hayes to be a little...well...more than a little....plus he was always anxious to obtain revenge regarding his sister Christine...I never knew for sure what that was all about.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1623
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Billy C was part of such a large family that he would do anything for food ... he also worked for the Soviets, too.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 415
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Reverse double what? My house on Mapleridge... still there. ES's house on Mapleridge... still there. Your house on Fordham... up in smoke. Billy C ... gone undercover again. Figure it out for yourself.

Goblue

Post Number: 1930
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: That low grade, doublecrossing traitor...the remnants of the Fordham gang has just issued a warranty for his arrest...there is no statue of limitations.

Plus, I have just been called for Federal District jury duty...we're hoping for a Republican to hang.

(Message edited by GoBlue on June 08, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 1626
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I think it actually is a MI case involving a nurse who castrated several guys for not using their whammo's properly.... the case should last for at least 8 months......

Goblue

Post Number: 1936
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: She's a pseudo liberal...not bright enough to explain why.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 422
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I didn’t know they had Federal courts out in the wild West already. I thought they were all feral courts.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1632
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: when in the jury pool - if you want out - just tell the lawyer who is questioning you that you think you played tennis in a tournament with the opposing attorney .... bye bye...and you and Tango can ride home for dinner ..... or to the golf course

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 424
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: And if that doesn't work just say "Hang the sucka". That should get you out.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1634
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: All those will work except if it is YOU who is on trial ... If that is the case just plead out and enjoy the AZ skies from your 4 x 8 room with a view..... and scratch Tango's name on the walls ...

Goblue

Post Number: 1940
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: I'm anxious to serve on the jury...like I said...they've got a member of the Bush administration up for something...we'll give him a fair trial and then take 'im out and string 'im up! Tango has volunteered to serve...we just have to hope that the perp doesn't offer him a bribe...Tango would sell out for a handful of hay.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1641
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Is Tango's middle name Scooter or Karl ...... sounds like a fun time .... what is the anticipated length of the trial????

Goblue

Post Number: 1941
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I figure that the whole process shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes...that includes a recess for everyone to go pee.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1642
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Love AZ justice .... 20 minutes and done! excellent

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 431
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Try to avoid the hanky panky in the jury room this time. You're there to enforce the law, not force the ladies.

Goblue

Post Number: 1946
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Was the chair of a jury one time in A2...they caught a Spartan graffiti artist at work on THE University campus...took us 3.5 minutes to convict and sentence.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 435
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Your dates didn’t last that long.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1648
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I read about that case ... and the sentence was that the Spartan had to transfer to WMU .... and enroll in the Art Therapy Program ....

Goblue

Post Number: 1950
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: You got it wrong...ES was the one who was nicknamed "Speedy".

Eastside61

Post Number: 1650
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: What time did HT have to be home in 11th grade? Ok Ok....I mean SR who knew HT very well .... time of arrival on Farmbrook.

Goblue

Post Number: 1957
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/ES: Farmbrook...the street that will live in infamy...blue spruce and all.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1655
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well ... he remembers Farmbrook .... he doesn't remember Mrs. R mentioning anytime that "S" needed to be home .... once again this is starting to take on one of those make believe DATES that GB had...

Goblue

Post Number: 1959
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mrs. R was a single mom...SR had to be home after school...until her mom got home from work...research reports this to be the classic time frame.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1658
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: the question boy was What Time did you need to leave Belle Isle or BAllduck to be home on time ....???? I think that single moms do wear watches tooooooo!

Goblue

Post Number: 1961
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Probably needed to have her home by midnight...anything we were going to do had to be done before that time...same thing was true with the women having a curfew at WMU. SMcC-T reports there was no such thing at BSU (otherwise known as Testicular U.) six years later...I always was ahead of my time having proposed coed dorm rooms in '59...just for friends, of course...sorta like at Alma.

(Message edited by GoBlue on June 10, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 1663
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: One of the first questions one asked on the MSU campus was ... do you live on campus or in East Lansing? .... amazing times and how women were treated ..... but we were always gentlemen and figured out how to budget our time if they lived on campus ...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 440
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 8:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES, GB: Alma was very protective of the student body. Unless you lived with your parents no off-campus living arrangements were allowed.

(Message edited by olddetroiter on June 11, 2008)

Goblue

Post Number: 1965
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: WOW! I didn't know that about Alma's living rules...pretty rigid even for the early 60's...no wonder OD is still drooling when he thinks of SD. Interesting because it wasn't like that at K-College. I lived in the dorm for my first year at WMU...then three of us had an apartment for two years...I moved back into the dorm for my last semester because all of my buddies had graduated. You're right ES...gentlemen always kept track of the time...and budgeted accordingly.