Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through June 13, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 184
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, now Stroh's isn't sounding like such a treat tonight - looks like I'm back to the Blue. JC/Z - wish we would have hung out more in our younger years would have had a riot. Why'd you leave me?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1635
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, ask my Mom and Dad. Although, dad is gone, and mom's living in the past, so never mind that. Suffice it to say, I didn't want to leave, they made me.

Jcole

Post Number: 1636
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7, you didn't start it, believe me. It started a loooong time ago

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 185
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC & hopefully Z, I look forward to catching up at some point this year!

Jcole

Post Number: 1637
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, speaking for myself, at least, we will, I promise.

Jcole

Post Number: 1638
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just realized that it's Friday the 13th. I'm not really superstitious, but I hope the weather doesn't know the date

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 186
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So far, so good here in Warren

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 750
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can see clearly now the rain is gone, I can see all obstacles in my way.

Jcole

Post Number: 1641
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It’s gonna be a bright , bright Sunshiny day.

C'mon everybody, sing!!

Zitro

Post Number: 751
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now you can't tell me there is one person reading this that isn't singing that song

Zitro

Post Number: 752
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I can think of 2 or 3 but that doesn't matter right now.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 188
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well, not out loud.....even with my office door closed....

Zitro

Post Number: 753
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It only matters that you have a song in your heart cfg.

Jcole

Post Number: 1642
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And a smile on your lips

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 189
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

absolutely - now quit using that web cam and let me get to work. I have to leave for Philadelphia on Sunday to do a training seminar on Monday - so I will certainly keep both your suggestions in mind!

Jcole

Post Number: 1644
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How long do you go to Philly for? It gets really humid there, I hear. I landed there once to go to Wilmington, Deleware to train someone at TransUnion, but that's the closest I've been.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 190
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thankfully, I leave Sunday afternoon, do my training on Monday - and come home on Tuesday. I may have to leave for Houston the following week - now THAT'S HUMID!

Zitro

Post Number: 754
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bring me back a Philly Cheese steak okay? And I'll bring you back some Mexican from Albuquerque.

Jcole

Post Number: 1649
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had to go to Austin, TX for two weeks in July a few years ago. OMG, HOT. Make sure that if you are driving, to get one of those things that you unfold and put in the windshield so that you don't immediately pass out when you get back in your car. Turn on the air before you try to touch the steering wheel, and wear a hat and sunglasses.
I stayed in a hotel with an outdoor pool, and it was too damned hot to swim until after dark.
I am not exagerating. The ground was cracked in the lawn around my office. There was a drought then, but still....

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 191
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Done - Philly Cheesesteak it is!
When are you going to Albuquerque?
- I was in Albuquerque in March - and LOVE IT! It was an Albuquerque/Santa Fe, Taos - trip ---had to make a stop in the Wild Hogs town of Madrid! As you might imagine, the first time I was there, they were filming and of course I fell for the fake sets and thought there was a REAL chili fesival going on! Geez!

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 192
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Done - Philly Cheesesteak it is!
When are you going to Albuquerque?
- I was in Albuquerque in March - and LOVE IT! It was an Albuquerque/Santa Fe, Taos - trip ---had to make a stop in the Wild Hogs town of Madrid! As you might imagine, the first time I was there, they were filming and of course I fell for the fake sets and thought there was a REAL chili festival going on! I know what a surprise that I'd fall for that! Geez!

Jcole

Post Number: 1652
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, you've GOT to work on that guilelessness. You could get in trouble!

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 193
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're telling me?
Try living with this trusting - why would anyone lie to me - demeanor. It's a killer sometimes!

Zitro

Post Number: 756
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm leaving in the morn. JC: It's seemed to serve her well up to this point. CFG: Just don't answer any e-mails you don't know who they are coming from. There ARE people out there you can't trust.

Jcole

Post Number: 1653
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hang around Z and I, and you'll toughen up.

Zitro

Post Number: 757
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wear my "I survived being taught by Nuns" shirt all the time. It scares away even the meanest of characters.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 194
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z - Have a safe trip! Keep in touch - and yes, sometimes, being honest is refreshing to some folks and they actually enjoy the change of pace- freaks 'em out a bit. Easy to get burned - but that's unusual. and, yes....I KNOW there are unsavory types of there! If I run into any, inadvertantly, I'll call on my cavalry - and you can use your acronyms to scare 'em off!

Jcole

Post Number: 1654
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It goes well with a 'Detroit, Where the Weak are Killed and Eaten' hat.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 195
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ahhh, that's what I need!

Zitro

Post Number: 758
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SMAO! You wear those two items and no one will ever mess with you again.