Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through June 15, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1683
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A sailor man?

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 767
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly. It looks like 7's good luck for the Tigers is working again. Maybe we should pitch in and buy him season tickets for the rest of the year. Think he'd mind?

Jcole

Post Number: 1684
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think he could stand it

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 772
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tigs win! Nice night down at COPA. The rain delay wasn't as bad as expected and the game was fantastic!

Did you see that highlight reel catch by Thames? And that what was he thinking rounding third and getting caught in a run down but ending up safe on third by Guillen. And the almost brawl...the people wanted to see some punches there. Well pitched game by Gagaraga and Dolsi. We were looking for Jonesy to pitch the ninth for some payback on the Guillen HBP. I guess the games matter again! Tons more fun...

7andkelly

Post Number: 773
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since we're 4-1 now, I'll take the season ticket package from the Tigers, but they have to send out a limo, bring free concessions to our seats, and answer the dugout phone when I call them.

Zitro

Post Number: 768
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think your accommodations could be met fairly easily, heck we're paying Dontrelle 10 mil this year to fish for tarpon. Guillen thought the throw on the play was going to first, if it had he would have made it home. Again the Tigs benefit from an iffy call, it looked like he was out, but I never question an umpires call when it favors us.

A fight would have been cool, only what follows fights are suspensions and we're still walking a tightrope right now trying to win games.

There's some clown who must have season tickets who keeps yelling the players names and telling them to swing. You can hear him on each broadcast, it's getting a little irritating, he must be fun to sit close to.

When I have my afternoon chat with Dombrowski I'll work on a Bat Phone for your connection to the dugout

I have a feeling Larish has seen his last ML game for a while, he's not quite ready

7andkelly

Post Number: 776
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Once again we saw the same game! A fight would have been cool, but...

I didn't hear the "swing batter batter swing" guy. Maybe he sits closer to the press box microphone. There was some drunken #0r0n near us who kept screaming obscenities at Inge every time he went up to the plate and especially when he struck out. Those people are annoying.

Leland doesn't have the patience for a call-up kid like Larish who can't take the heat of the MLB.

It was nice to play a team like the Dodgers who seem to be struggling a bit themselves.

Zitro

Post Number: 769
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sitting in the Omaha airport right now. I hate flying!! Omaha is really busy with the College World Series going on, glad I left a little early. We'll see what Bonine can do today, why do these guys always seem to debut on national tv. Thd Dodgers offense is pitiful, Torre looks like he's bored

Jcole

Post Number: 1701
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought your flight went out at 7am, or was that just the time you had to leave this morning?
Flying is why I go to Colorado via Amtrak.
My kids drove out to Denver the same weekend as the College World Series a few years ago, and couldn't even get a room. Had to keep driving

Zitro

Post Number: 770
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I left aT 7:00 now in Dallas. Nice trip 1st leg a couple had 3 kids 2 rows in front of me and they all took turns screaming their brains out. This leg is looking worse for small kids. What is the line from Anger Management? Goose-fabra.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 189
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just checking in on ya'll from the Buffalo House campground. Heading down to Iron Mtn. tomorrow to ride with a buddy. Then up to Houghton for another rally. The rain stopped!
You kids were in great form the last few days. JC, looks like CFG, Z & I have left you alone with the Kelly boys. Be careful!

Zitro

Post Number: 771
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She can handle them, if not we have our own built in watchdog to keep them in check.

Zitro

Post Number: 772
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: I saw this same post in the Tigers Forum, It probably lost some context in there, don't be surprised to get a few quizzical looks. You must be pumped

Since we're 4-1 now, I'll take the season ticket package from the Tigers, but they have to send out a limo, bring free concessions to our seats, and answer the dugout phone when I call them.

Jcole

Post Number: 1711
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, I'm trying to be careful, but Z's right, I can hold my own if I have to.
Glad the rain stopped, now you won't have to put the waterwings on the bike.

Jcole

Post Number: 1712
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z, I hope you survived the kiddie flight, and didn't try to throw any of them out the window. The flight attendants frown on that.

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 199
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DON'T PAY THE RANSOM!..........i'm back (sort of).my modem fried out on thursday .......I'm in the library with all the public people (Protestants).........and I'll be back later.......If you decide tp pay SOME of the ransom....please spell my name right on the check!.....just leave it by the relic......

Jcole

Post Number: 1717
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It'll be tucked under the altar cloth. Just get it before the evening mass starts.

7andkelly

Post Number: 777
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: I was a bit geeked after the game so I thought I'd drop in on my friends from Tigers '08.

7andkelly

Post Number: 778
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In a couple of weeks the water will have receded, and they will be replanting corn and stuff. It will be a late, yet bountiful harvest!

Jcole

Post Number: 1728
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope so. We can't deal with another jump in food prices.

7andkelly

Post Number: 779
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, coincidentally, I used to be a Kelly boy. Kelly Services sent me to GM Tech Center, Hudson's, Peshke Packing Co, and Hudson's again back in the mid 70's.

7andkelly

Post Number: 780
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J, you would have liked working at Hudson's. They gave you the discount, and you got to go into all those neat behind the scenes areas, kind of like at Disney, but without the mice.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 571
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7KID: Good to see you back. Your hiatus started the discussion of a search and rescue starting with the tunnels.

7andkelly

Post Number: 781
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2nd spot to look - the niche by Rex and 7.

Jcole

Post Number: 1738
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7, I would have loved those discounts. I loved shopping at Hudson's as you know from FB. One of my favorite places, along with Sanders. Yum

Jcole

Post Number: 1739
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, KR, he seems to be fixated on that niche. I fully expect to see him standing in there one day, painted white and wearing a robe of some sort with a rope belt.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 572
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

perhaps wearing a batman cape (a blue Vetere hardware sports jacket with his name lettered on back)

Jcole

Post Number: 1748
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happy Father's Day to all you dad's. Hope you have a great day doing whatever it is you want to do.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 573
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks JC. Let the memory of your Dad and the St. Jude community in which you so fondly experienced bring a smile.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 206
Posted on Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all
Got to Philly safe and sound - kept the unsavory types at bay-- I think being part of the SJS gang, scared them off.
Nothing like leaving during a monsoon - but all went well. Had to have Philly cheesesteak for supper.
KR - thanks for that wonderful post.