Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school » Denby HS Archive of Archives » Archive through June 17, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2001
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: You two saps...a girl likes nuthin' better than a home cooked gourmet dinner...plus, it so much easier to say thank you.

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 481
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Did HT like your cooking too? I heard things really got cooking after you washed the dishes.

Goblue

Post Number: 2006
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: SR...SR...look at your keys when you're typing...ES is the one with the HT fixation...you do remember that both of them live in the Bay area...duh!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 482
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: How do you know where HT lives? Even more to the point, why do you care? Unless....

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1707
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: You stunning insight come through again ... Gourmet dinners from the Duchess Drive IN I am sure were REALLY good .... What is this stuff calling us SAPS ..... Maybe GB will be featured on A&E 's intervention program and we will HT and GB together once again ... and the mystery will be solved....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 490
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: We need understand the circumstances behind the SAPS comment and exhibit forgiveness. GB is clearly in a conflicted state of denial. How does he choose between ST and HT? He knows he can’t have them both and ultimately must choose ST. So he tries to deny his feelings for HT, but how can he? He may need professional guidance if he is ever going to work through this quandary.

Goblue

Post Number: 2009
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 11:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Actually, I misspoke...you two are not saps...in truth, it seems that you have both been sapped..."hit on the head with a blackjack or short club"...since your are both current or former CA residents it would seem that the event occurred on the west coast...another alternative might have been during your stay in the East Lansing-Alma triangle. Who knows...maybe you sapped each other playing that Alam-MSU sport called head-butting.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1710
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: At least when we got hit in the head we were protesting during the 60's ... while GB was running a cooking school for former cheerleaders ... and rumor has it that the Head Chef took a few pots and pans to his head for not finishing.... if you get my drift ..... Alma and MSU at least played each other while Wmu played Junior High Intramural games with Roosevelt college in chicago....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 496
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: East Lansing - Alma triangle? How do you make a triangle with only two points?

ES: GB should have payed more attention during geometry class instead of day dreaming about HT all period.

Goblue

Post Number: 2012
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Figurative triangle...like the Burmuda...people get lost up near those places never to be heard from again...personally, I think they end up as Spartans but no one knows for sure.

You never mentioned that you and SD were roommates...that's a little known fact.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 505
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I wish... drool.

Goblue

Post Number: 2014
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: You're far too modest...SD had a real thing for you...Tony Nowak (who considered her to be his girl) was going to kick your butt over it but I talked him out of it.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 508
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I thought SD was Jimmy Parker's girl. But thanks. Tony Nowak was about twice my size. I never would have got to become OD if he was mad at me.

Goblue

Post Number: 2016
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Hmmmmm...don't remember a Jimmy Parker...knew a Tom Parker at Denby...and a Danny Parker who was at Columbus until about the fifth grade.

Tony was big...but you shoulda seen him at the 25th...twice as big...you could say that he "filled out".

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 510
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Danny Parker... that's who I was thinking of. He went with SD for awhile. I guess when he left it must have opened the door for TN.

Goblue

Post Number: 2018
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Strange story here...Danny moved from Columbus to the same school SE59 went to...about the fifth grade...about the time I noticed her as other than a catechism classmate she was his girlfriend...I've known her since we were about 5 years old...likely were in the church nursery together before that. Curious link with Danny though because he and I were buddies before he moved...he lived on (I think) Parkgrove...a block or two west of Hayes.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 514
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Didn't Donald Pollard live somewhere around there too?

Goblue

Post Number: 2019
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah...maybe Don lived a block further to the west...I think he lived on a corner...interesting, I made contact with Dennis Trombley in the fall...he retired as the #4 guy in the DFD...he had a number for Don who now lives in CA...of all places...he sent it to me but I never did anything with it.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1713
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

59ers: Didn't Pollard have a younger sister .....????

Goblue

Post Number: 2022
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No...there were two Pollard brothers...Don was the younger of the two...it was Billy C with the sisters.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1716
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Didn't Billy have like 50 sisters?????

Goblue

Post Number: 2026
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Billy had 10 sisters and two brothers...one sister died in an auto accident in her teens...I think it was Christine.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1722
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 7:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I think I will contact my strong connection to the sisters who will be meeting in LA.......I will try the SHY location question .....anthing you want just e mail me.....

Goblue

Post Number: 2033
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The CSI sister that I'm thinking of had the cutest little butt at Denby.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1726
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gb: for me they didn't have to be CSI .....to have cute butts .... I am glad that we continue to have the same thoughts ... Butt Thinking is a great concept! another Chapter....best Butts of DHS

Goblue

Post Number: 2037
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I have a dozen nominees for the best butts of DHS...ST, SH, SR, PN, PW, SJ, EA, MM, AF, SF, RM, PG...come to think of it...they ALL had cute butts at DHS.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1732
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Butts were interesting and tempting .... I will add my list for the book...... I can also say that "Eyes" were an interesting fixation for the second son of CHE .... and it still lingers to this day .... you know .... and Eastside thing ....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 565
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoever writes the section on butts, don't forget to mention ES and GB.... Denby's biggest butt-heads.

Goblue

Post Number: 2039
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: That last statement from "The Drooler" who was ga-ga over SD's butt...and boobs.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1736
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I am wondering if we can take a chance at the various book signing events and having OD drooling on the book jackets .... GA - GA into the 21st century for sure .... maybe each book can come with a bib? What is the most current GPS sighting of SD .... Is OD still lurking about under the windows again ???? with his golf telescope ???