Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Archive through June 17, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 484
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You need to get a new monitor. They haven't used green screens since WW II radar technology.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1708
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: GB "Is slippin' into Darkness" - and that green screen on his Atari is going to black as they say in the TV production world....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 491
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Slippin’ into Darkness, Spill the Wine, The Cisco Kid, Why Can’t We Be Friends?

GB is uploading them all to his Atari trying to move into 21st century technology.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2008
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry...too busy playing Pong.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1711
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You are still welcome on the Eastside .... Pong....Pong .... come back Brother ---- OD and I need someone to pick on....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 497
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Did someone say something about playing ping pong off a brick wall recently? In GB's case I guess the wall won.

Goblue

Post Number: 2015
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: GAWD! What did I ever do to deserve you two? Actually, I know what I did..but I said I was sorry and that I would do better the next time...I probably shoulda said the Hail Marys too...just to be on the safe side...she said it would help. Too late now...instead I gotta put up with the two of you...sorta like purgatory.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 511
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: What goes around comes around.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1712
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: GB needs to sing " Sally go around the Roses" .... before I will even consider him an eastsider again,,,, It needs to be a conference call from AZ to MI and CA .....

Goblue

Post Number: 2023
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: M Go Blue...Rosebowl bound!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1715
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: When will u OF m play ALma this fall for the Division 4 BCS????

In other news: send to me via E mail your questions for the Queens .... NO you dork not HT ...I mean the CSI squad!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 518
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: What do you mean when will u OF m play Alma? Give Alma credit for being more discerning in developing their schedule.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1718
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Od: I am so so sorry ... but at Mt Hope Methodist on Morang and 7 one learned about redemption early on because of what happened after MYF sunday night meetings in HS...... Actually I did check out the u OF m schedule again and the Championship game will be against the University of Windsor .... In Windsor ... at 10 AM because of a soccer game at 2 PM on the same field.... u Of m will be featuring the dancing bananaheads at halftime .... I am more than sure the GB will be there wearing his extra small leather helmet ..... during the whole halftime show .... remember he learned all those moves from either HT or maybe Miss SR..... I am votin' for HT....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 521
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Jasons is under new ownership featuring the dancing bananaheads.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1719
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I now do remember in 59 seeing these two guys dancing in the main hallway and into the north stairwell at DHS... I am sure one was GB and the other could have been HT ... so the dancing started back in the day ... Bo "GB" Jangles or was it 'Dangles"?

Goblue

Post Number: 2024
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 11:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: This is what happens to graduates of second and third tier schools...the bitterness of having been rejected by the top tier dominates the remainder of their lives.

Queens? The last time I saw one of them she was a Princess.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1720
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You were one of the best dancers at DHS .... any comment and remember you were from number one tier school .... Kavan's College.

Goblue

Post Number: 2028
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: At least at Kavan's we only had to attend classes on Fridays...for fresh fish and beer.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1724
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Mr Tap Toes ... Kavan's was a good place to hang out once in a while......

Goblue

Post Number: 2031
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: In my case once in a while was once a week.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1727
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Not once a week for me ... but once in a while did work and it was always good.

Goblue

Post Number: 2036
Posted on Monday, June 16, 2008 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I wish I had memories of Kavan's sans SE59...but sadly she was often with me on those Fridays...grinding marbles between her cheeks.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1733
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Grinding Marbles .... wow! Just think in times of warfare you could have bent SE59 over and used her like a Whammo Tank ... or like a German 88 ... We wold have raised the White Flag instantly .... kinda like having an atomic weapon

Goblue

Post Number: 2040
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Bending SE59 over? I ain't gonna go there!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1735
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Totally nuclear! although shooting marbles at the Mapleridge Mob would have been an interesting sight..... actually if sighted by us when SE 59 would bend into position......that would have been worth it..... Would this weapon (SE 59 Howitzer) be similar to the current warheads that carry multiple weapons of mass destruction ????

Goblue

Post Number: 2042
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: SE59 was/is a weapon of mass destruction...plus, she was once a nurse in hospital psych ward...One Flew Over the Coocoo's Nest all over again.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 586
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: This is the first time I've heard the marbles story used in reference to SE59. Coming from the wrong side of Hayes he didn't know how to act with nice girls. Each time one of them blew him off he used the marbles story as a cover for his inadequacies. He used it so much everyone in Denby called him marblehead. The name stuck with him until he got his little helmet and became bananahead..... Come to think of it, SE59 blew him off too. It just took her longer than most.

Goblue

Post Number: 2045
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Trust me on this one....SE59 did NOT blow me off!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 590
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: OK I trust my 706 colleague.

Goblue

Post Number: 2047
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: On the one hand...I wish she had...on the other hand...I wish she had.