Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through June 26, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2023
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's not slackin' when you disappear AFTER work is done, that's anti-slackin'

Jcole

Post Number: 2024
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 11:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, how did the kraut and kielbasa dinner go? I'm still thinking about it

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 800
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm either going to have to do the kraut and kielbasa or the ribs and kraut thing this weekend I can't take it anymore.

Jcole

Post Number: 2027
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I said before,I'm going to my sister's 50th anniversary this weekend, and her son is a trained chef who teaches at Johnson and Wales Culinary school. He is bringing some students up to Ohio, and they are cooking the dinner for the party. I am looking forward to some really awesome food. It won't be that nouvelle cuisine crap, either, because Jerry knows what we eat like. We're going to have some substantial and delicious food going on here.

Jcole

Post Number: 2028
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 11:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW, this is the sister who was rumored to be the first wedding at SJS new church

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 230
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 11:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll let you know on Thursday. I have dinner out tonight - and want to give it an "all day" cook, so I'll put it on before I leave for work tomorrow.
and...though this is a tardy reply - yes, we always went to the Starlight when it was open. They wouldn't part with their cabbage soup recipe - best I've ever tasted. Not the usual diet cabbage soup - it was creamy - incredible!

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 231
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Enjoy your weekend - sounds like a lot of fun and a "Tasty" celebration! Don't forget to ask her if Jack Benny was at her wedding. :-)

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 206
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And don't forget the altar boy "stipend" that I never got.

I might let it go if you'll bring back leftovers for all the slackers.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 814
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J, don't forget to ask her to have more pictures ready for you to scan for us.

EB, first you labeled us slackers giving us onerous guilt, and now you want to see more slacking. You're evil...EVIL I SAY:-)

Zitro

Post Number: 801
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The nuns taught him well.

Eastburn

Post Number: 207
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe that we can fulfill our roles as slackers when it comes to work while still upholding our sacred responsibility to the St. Jude sister/brotherhood.

Jcole

Post Number: 2033
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hell, I don't care how you look at it, I just enjoy yakking on our forum.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 232
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me too!

Eastburn

Post Number: 208
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Especially since we spend so much time lately talking about SJS (though I did make mention in a previous post).

Jcole

Post Number: 2036
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I purposely mentioned that my sis was married there 50 yrs ago, so that my post would be relevant

Zitro

Post Number: 802
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go Jets!

There's the reference now we can babble on about other things for a while until this runs out.

Zitro

Post Number: 803
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kwame Sucks!! Go Jets!

It's kind of like the smiley face deal

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 583
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All the "St. Jude" talk prompted the thought of how magnificent the edifice SJC really is.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 584
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The title of this photo is "STILL WAITING"

(Still hard to believe the school has been closed)

Kellyroad

Post Number: 585
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remember Jack Benny walked under the arches shown in the top photo about 50 years ago.

7andkelly

Post Number: 816
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 6:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: While you were away, we started planning our SJS Reunion and SJC/S Thread party...it's taking shape for a get together at J's for some great polish food and desserts at a date TBA. Check the list, and let us know what you're bringing. Although it may seem far fetched, I actually believe it will happen!

Speaking of weddings, SJ, and some far fetching, we enjoyed a good old fashioned Catholic function last night - two buses full, in fact - at COPA.

Tigs are now 5-1 this year in games we've attended!

Jcole

Post Number: 2045
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 7:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the 'Still Waiting' picture waiting for you, 7?

7andkelly

Post Number: 818
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 7:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J, I think you're confusing me with 7&kk...at times I've discussed the niche, but he's the one who wants to have his picture taken up there, and get all our future "relics" ensconced in it...besides, EB already volunteered to go first.

(Message edited by 7andkelly on June 26, 2008)

Jcole

Post Number: 2046
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 7:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're right, 7, I'm not awake yet. I have to take the chariot in for an oil change in a few, so I had to leave my warm cozy bed for the cold cruel world earlier than usual.

7andkelly

Post Number: 819
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 7:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It was wet and hazy early this morning when I let our poodle out...he was a soggy, foggy, groggy doggie!

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 233
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR - and all -
It sure is magnificent- inside and out! I'm all for the "sign-up" Polish Boofay and SJS thread reunion!

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 208
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as long as someone comes up with a 45 of "who stole the keishka!"...........I'm there!

Zitro

Post Number: 806
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe we could invite Gus Polinski Polka King of the Midwest

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 234
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm guessing it's "Stashu" - but only a guess!
:-)

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 209
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have an uncle "Stash"............no make that two!