Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through June 27, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2048
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 9:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a dog named Stash, but he died last summer. I still have his partner, Neiscza, though.
Didn't the Ghoul used to play 'Who Stole the Kiszka' on his Friday night fear fest?

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 588
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7K: I can bring a couple of pints of duck blood or dill pickle soup.
Keep going to the COPA...The tigs will have a play off spot locked up by August....hopefully, minus the rain delays.

7 and Kelly Kid: Bring your accordion to the picnic.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 820
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We now know the who, the what, the where, and the why. All that's lacking is the WHEN.

Jcole

Post Number: 2053
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right now, I'm scheduled to be in Colorado from July 15 to 26, but it's up in the air because of the Iowa floods. We take the train, and apparently the tracks are damaged so no trains are running. So, I don't know when I'm going or how. What about later in the summer? As to the where, I live in a very small house and I think it would be much nicer to have it at EB's place on the water anyway. What about it, E?

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 807
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh sure JC blame it on Iowa, ya'll actin' like we'all a bunch of hayseeds. Nuff said.

Jcole

Post Number: 2056
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I ain't blaming y'all out there in God's country, I'm blaming them folks as builded the railway

7andkelly

Post Number: 821
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 12:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice save

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 210
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no not quite...........the duck blood soup is CHININA! (sp for sure) czarina? (no...she was the queen of Russia).......there's a z in there somewhere.......and yea, I'll bring the sqeezebox as my dad called it and play "lady of Spain" (both versions!)......and KR, no wonder you were the only friend I had when my mom would make goumki and chinina with an accordian concert!

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 210
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure, c'mon up y'all. Just don't count on me to provide any Polish food. My experience there is only in the eating dept.
Too bad it can't be 9/12 & 13 to coincide with the Kinde Polka Fest but the bride & I will be on the 10th annual Up Yours Motorcycle Tour. (Guess where we go.)

Weekends in August look pretty good right now except for the 1st one.

If you're serious about this, I'll need e-mail addresses for everyone. You can put them on my Facebook page.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 235
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey J -
Just got back from a trip home for lunch and YOUR recipe made my kitchen smell like a trip to Hamtramck! The slow cooker is working it's magic - your recipe is doing the rest. I'd be surprised if I don't have a passle of neighbors on the porch when I get home with bowls in hand!

7andkelly

Post Number: 822
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm thinking of driving to 11 and Hoover, and following the scent to your kitchen! It's only been a couple hours from a huge lunch, but now I'm starving!

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 212
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I can smell it from here.

7andkelly

Post Number: 823
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup, my sense of smell has been restored.

Zitro

Post Number: 808
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once again. Thanks guys! Too bad the wind blows from west to east. I stick my head outside of work and all I can smell is the blood rendering form the Swift plant up the road. Nasty!

Jcole

Post Number: 2065
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's OK, Z, just take a really healthy deep inhale, and it'll make you so nauseous that you won't want to eat.

Zitro

Post Number: 809
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It won't be the same.

Zitro

Post Number: 810
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good thing they only do that once a week.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 236
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eeewww - sorry Z - you're painting an odiferous painting out there.
After feeding all the neighbors, I'll let you know how dinner turned out! :-)
If St. Jude ever has a pot luck - I'll know what to bring....but only for the slackers! :-)

Zitro

Post Number: 811
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sheff ties it up in the bottom of the ninth!! Tigers pitchers have scattered 14 hits thus far.

7andkelly

Post Number: 824
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just watch and see all the fans with their chef hats on again tomorrow.

Zitro

Post Number: 812
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It will be a fair weather day!

7andkelly

Post Number: 825
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Absolutely!

Zitro

Post Number: 813
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We can all take a collective sigh of relief now.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 237
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW - that was the MOST delicious kielbasa and kraut dinner I have ever made. The kielbasa literally melted in your mouth. Thanks J - this recipe is a keeper!
We had the howling winds and the driving rain outside and concentration was totally focused on Polish Rye Bread, Kielbasa and Kraut. I think our Birch tree could have fallen over and not been noticed!

Zitro

Post Number: 814
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure sounds delicious CFG.

7andkelly

Post Number: 826
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, great! I lost the scent with all the howling winds, and flying birch tree branches...and now you're all done!

This is torture. TORTURE!

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 238
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pure Polish Bliss!

Jcole

Post Number: 2066
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 11:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, I'm glad it turned out well. It's a favorite here, too. I've made it for graduation parties, family gatherings, and many Easter Sundays.
Do you by any chance have Judge Szymanski's kielbasa recipe? It is to die for. I've got it if you want it to compare to yours, which I'm sure is delicious. I just wondered if you'd like to see it. We've made it a number of times, and the garlicky goodness really stays with you.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 591
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where's Rachael Ray when you need her?

(Message edited by kellyroad on June 27, 2008)

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 239
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 6:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I'd absolutely love to try the Judge's recipe - Please send it!
All of my favorite recipes are the "combo" recipes, taking the best from each.
Thanks!