Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Archive through June 23, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 594
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Like maybe in 1959?

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2050
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Exactly! The night of the SE prom!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 596
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: How about the night before the prom?

Goblue

Post Number: 2052
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Didn't see her the night before...being blown off the night of the prom would have made it a perfect evening.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 600
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: But you'd still have to pay for the flowers.

Goblue

Post Number: 2055
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Actually, the prom was a nice evening...flowers, dinner, the dance...we sat on her parents couch and talked until the wee hours...we were old friends...if we'd said goodbye that night and I'd headed off to WMU and a life we'd still be exchanging Christmas cards and sending pics of our respective grandkids...instead we got married 4 years later...almost to the day. What I don't understand about her is that after 36 years she still feels the need to pour poison into the kids about the divorce and me. Oh well, ES is the shrink here...let him figure it out that's what he gettin' paid to do.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 610
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Sounds like a pretty tough case. Do you think ES is up to it? It may take another another 36 years of treatments. Do you think we can afford it?

Goblue

Post Number: 2057
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Oh yeah...I'm certain that ES will give us his discount rate...if we kick in a nickle apiece each month we'll have him covered...a nickle apiece and a promise to never reveal his whereabouts to SHY...that'll keep him happy.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 617
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: He should give US a nickle apiece if we promise not to reveal his whereabouts to SHY.

Goblue

Post Number: 2061
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I'm sure that we can negotiate with him...he must be out training for the naked ride...hope he doesn't get sunburn on his toosh....oh man, I gotta go puke with that thought!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 626
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 8:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I doubt the people in the Bay Area take any notice of one more naked peddler. I hope he carries a little pouch with his lunch money with him so he can get his Happy Meals.

Goblue

Post Number: 2065
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: SHY made the comment that he definitely has a little pooch.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 642
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: She must have seen it once when he was in his 'happy place'

Goblue

Post Number: 2069
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Had the ES61 Yard Service out today...they managed to cut our cable line...we've been out of service all day...no more goats around here!

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1739
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: ES61 Garden Service motto "You Get What YOu Pay for".....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 663
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 8:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Watch where they pee if you don't want your cactus killed.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1744
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: You can pick up our latest Newsletter "Gardening in the Rust Belt" which is featuring an article this month about being careful not to piss into the wind. The technique is demonstrated by the great Arizonian gardener Father Bananahead who is wearing his protective extra small helmet for the demo.... check it out to see how he handles things....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 675
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: All I know about the rust belt is goat pee exacerbates rust.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1746
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: "and Old Goats who don't vote out the GOP also exacerbates rust ... " Father Bananahead from the Prescott Temple of Faith May 9, 2008.

Goblue

Post Number: 2077
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A buddy and I gave some thought to leasing an 18 wheeler, tent, chairs, white robes, etc...we figured that with a couple of blonds banging tambourines on their hips we'd make a fortune touring the country....preaching the gospel according to the Eastside...but then I met SMcC-T and that put an end to that venture.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 682
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Praise the Lord for SMcC-T.

Goblue

Post Number: 2080
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We woulda made Jimmy Swaggert look like a Boy Scout...plus made a couple of bucks. The Lord does indeed work in mysterious ways great ideas to prevent. I'll bet our SJ friends have even better experiences to offer...especially Jc...or her older sister.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1750
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: God saved the world by sacrificing SMcCT for the rest of humanity .... but the bus thing is an amazing money maker ...do you think she might reconsider ???? You driving the bus with your Nehru on ....Od putting all the folding chairs out ... Jc looking for saddle shoe converts and I would assist all the blonds with tambourine practice and worship ..... we could have father bananaheads helmet painted on the side of the bus .... and bringing the true gospel of the eastside to the non believers would be amazing..... and our first stop is Jjaba's mansion in farmington or wherever on the westside it sits.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 688
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 8:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I assume you mean Jimmy Swaggert would look like a Troop 309 Boy Scout. Don't be bringing any shame on 706.

ES: Jjaba may already be too far gone to recognize the truth.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1755
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Right! Turn the bus around and don't head west to that wasteland.....

Goblue

Post Number: 2088
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The bus idea could be resurrected...SMcC-T would draw the line at the blonds with tambourines though...and...OD is an upfront guy...I think he'd want us to be preaching the truth...not necessarily the Eastside version. I like the idea of Wolverine helmets on the side of the bus though...but I think we'd have to go a whole lot further west than Farmington to get to Jjaba's mansion though. Have you ever met your neighbor three doors over?

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 701
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Is it blonds or tambourines SMcC-T objects to? How does she feel about brunettes with trombones? Maybe we could put the bananahead helmets on the wheel covers so they would spin around whenever the bus was traveling.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1760
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 12:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: He attends Beth Am .... ?????

OD: You and I are totally MMobsters ..... Blonds, Brunettes, musical instruments .... we are now known as the culture brothers.
GB is a little confused or like usual totally confused because no one has ever stated one word about a Wolverine helmet .... the religious pious believers only related to the saviour in a nehru jacket - with a medallion from some poor little girl who attended Regina in the early 70's - and the saviour wore an EXTRA SMALL leather helmet that had some type of corn colored and blue painted stripes..... and why wouldn't upstanding individuals from Mapleridge not tell the truth ..... SMcC-T objects to having to go out and find GB when his ankle bracelet just above his white bucks alerts the local authorities about his whereabouts .... we will need a Large bus..... 56 seater.... as the now blond and brunette band grows...... Those Fordham guys would pick on little innocent petite SE girls and make them shoot marbles from various positions but they were all tone deaf ..... and the wheel cover idea is stunning... I think we should order 706 of the covers.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 709
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: GB confused again? We need to contact SMcC-T and make sure she monitors his pharmaceutical intake. He may have missed his Ritalin again.

Goblue

Post Number: 2092
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Blonds, brunettes...it don't matter...ST objects to babes and tambourines period. Yeah, you two are the "culture brothers" all right! Ohmigawd!