Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Heilmann Park Revisited.....Dawn of a new day » Heilmann Park Revisited - Archives » Archive through June 21, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 584
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: GB will be peddling and wearing his little leather banana head helmet in case he runs into a tree.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2043
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Like I said...if you two are involved I am out of here! My stomach starts to turn just at the thought.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 585
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Don't believe GB's cover story. He wanted to ride too, but 'naked' meant no banana head helmet. He would shed everything else, but not his little helmet.

Goblue

Post Number: 2046
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: You are partially correct...if I were ever to do such a thing it would be while wearing my U-M helmet with SR's bare butt on the handlebars...howsomever... the thought of you two being out there naked on your bikes sends me to the back 40 puking!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 593
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Come to think of it, it doesn't do a lot for me either. Maybe there's still hope for you yet.... But ES was really hoping you would join him wheeling down the exclusive Fordham trails.

(Message edited by olddetroiter on June 17, 2008)

Goblue

Post Number: 2048
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I'll do the Fordham tour with ES...but it ain't gonna be naked on a bicycle...more likely on a John Deere getting ready to do some plowing on the Urban Prairie...packin' a .357.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 595
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Be sure to bring Tango and Diego to pull the plows.

Goblue

Post Number: 2051
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: That wouldn't work...they'd be convinced that something was chasing them and would head for Oakland County.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 597
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Well, Greta and Violet wouldn't be much good for pulling a plow. I mean ES's Violet, not the other one.

Goblue

Post Number: 2053
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I don't know what those stinkin' goats are good for...they drink their own pee...goat cheese has suddenly lost its appeal.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 599
Posted on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: After what you told us about Tango's menu preferences, if I ever get another dog I'm sure not going to feed it horse meat. The Europeans can have it all.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 605
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 8:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Do you think we should include SE59 in this deal? She may come in useful for crushing any rocks or cement we plow up.

Goblue

Post Number: 2054
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: If SE59 and I didn't have the ugly history that we have I'd say sure...she's attractive, petite...has maintained herself well physically...I haven't seen her for a couple of years but I assume that little has changed...and while its been 36 years since I last witnessed her in her birthday suit I'd say that she'd be a good addition to the team...physically. However.....given the history...I don't want nuthin' to do with her!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 609
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I didn't mean to make her a partner, just bring her in as hired help. If she's as good crushing marbles as you say, she should be great pulverizing rocks and old concrete.

Goblue

Post Number: 2058
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Well...she is a real tight ass...although, rum and coke used to get her going...have no idea about current times.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 618
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You know best. But if we uncover any broken sidewalk chunks, you're swinging the sledge hammer.

Goblue

Post Number: 2060
Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Hmmmm...hired hand...well, I can tell ya...I wouldn't pay her...for anything!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 628
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Maybe we should bring in a team of archeologists before plowing. I’ve heard rumors of hidden treasures around there … baseball cards, Whammos, etc. Plus there could be some unexploded ordnance buried in the ground…. Need someone to check it out… Maybe a role for SE59 after all?

Goblue

Post Number: 2064
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: That or maybe ES could hire her to tend his goats.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 643
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 7:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: No more mention of goats. I thought that feta tasted a little sharp. Now I know why the burn the saganaki in Greektown before they serve it.

Goblue

Post Number: 2068
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All: How about if we save this thread for more serious discussions e.g., Nader, medications, the state of education in Detroit...etc? We can bs on the others to keep them alive.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1740
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Od/GB: you guys really stick to the THREAD.....never off course ... very precise ... right on topic ... sorry I have to go take a phone call from K&7.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 665
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: We never stray from topic. Thanks for the candies you sent. You say they're really good for whatever ails you? Never heard of that brand though. What are goofballs? Haven't had a chance to try them yet. KR chemical composition?

GB: My question to KR makes this a medication post. Right on topic for this thread.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1742
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB/OD: KR is very insightful with all the meds .... so maybe this could become the Heilmann Medical Newsletter .....

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1888
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD, to answer your question, goofballs are downers also known as tranquilizers.

Goblue

Post Number: 2073
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well now...I wouldn't exactly call ES a "downer"...but...on the other hand...ever since he worked at Van Horn's in those saddle shoes he's been a bit of an embarrassment.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 676
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: Thanks for the info. I was afraid ES was trying to unload some of his leftover '70s Haight-Ashbury stash on me.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1745
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Saddle Shoes ???? All my horses were gone by 2001... But ... you are still riding Tango with Jc's Medallion - 38 R Nehru jacket ... and those saddle shoes that I sold to you from Van Horns ... Bob Bulllard the manager of VH would be very impressed with you....

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 1898
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All of us Reginites wore saddle shoes as uniform requirement, so as far as I'm concerned, you should burn every last pair on earth. The horse would probably prefer boots anyway

Eastside61

Post Number: 1748
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc: I do agree with you but ... Remember that GB is riding Tango who would live for the day that GB would go for boots .... But GB is a Fordham kid and loves old memories and certainly old .. very old clothing styles .... It was you JC who have guided the rest of us with the words ... You Cannot Go Back Home but we still like GB with all his little quirks and twists ....