Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Archive through June 27, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 721
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: What about a brunette female impersonator? I bet HT would be willing to shake his tambourine for the cause if YOU asked him nicely.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2095
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: ES is from San Jose/San Fran...I'll bet anything that he has a blond wig and a dress in his closet...that would work...I'll buy him a tambourine.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 725
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 11:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: HT probably still has his pom poms too.

Goblue

Post Number: 2097
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: ES would know better about that...according to the story in the Navigator he was HT's prom date in '59...a classic tale of an underclassman being overwhelmed by a senior.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1768
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: You are totally funny.... and in the next edition of the NE Shopper they have declared you Funniest MAN of the YEAR.....and as you know we are all sorry about the loss of George Carlin....

GB and HT were certainly something .... being much younger but I had figured it out between the two .... I just stood way way back then those two were together ... and they seemed to be together almost continuously and in 59 I actually took a blond who loved the tambourine to the prom..... GB and Pom Pom were there.....

Sorry OD ... I am still laughing about your comments dealing with HT and the real GB ..... I need to go wipe the tears from my eyes.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 729
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Maybe you can help me. I'm still trying to figure out which one was Felix and which was Oscar.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1770
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Felix is the cat and Oscar the guy with the gold paint color.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 743
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: So Oscar is the dancing fool who does the Tango?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1773
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Oscar wears saddle shoes just like the mayor of Prescott, AZ.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 749
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: When Oscar was little he learned to tie his shoes to Gene Autry singing "Back in the Saddle Again." I guess he took it literally, and it stuck with him all his life.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1775
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Didn't little Gold Oscar live over towards 7 mile ... or right off of 7 on Fordham.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 755
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: He used to. Last I heard SE59 had a little Gold Oscar on her mantle for her performance in a '56 Ford Sunliner. Talk about a good actress...

Eastside61

Post Number: 1777
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Wasn't the little Gold Oscar considered the first Bobble head because it could be bent over .... and it smoked like the old Lionel trains ..... That would make a great mantle piece. I wonder if Father Bananahead knows about these dolls.??????

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 759
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: They didn't sell very well. Girls would put them on pedistals and they kept falling off.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1779
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Od: Wasn't the smoke scented?

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 763
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 6:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: That was another problem.... Repelled the girls and gave some asthma attacks. Early models smelled like rotten egg flatulence. They tried to improve the later models with a horse poo scent, but it wasn't any better.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1781
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: "Dancin' With Tango" ... only lasted two weeks. EF's Natures Scents - smelled a lot like Formaldehyde but GB loved it It took him back to those under the desk experiences.... I always wondered what he did under there ????? Eastside Mystery

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 769
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The Gold Oscars were a short lived fad too. The girls thought they would be great, but they never lived up to expectations... even when they dressed them up in little Nehru jackets. I'm only aware of two left in existence today. SE59 has one which she uses as a Voodoo doll. The other is owned by a lady in Prescott, AZ.... Picked it up at a cheap flee market in Indiana. She keeps holding on to it in the hopes it might be worth something someday since they are so rare.

ES: Now it can be told... while the rest of us were learning the foxtrot in the Columbus gym, GB was taking private Tango classes with EF.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1783
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Just announced by the authors of the Historical Epic about the eastside that YOU are the funniest of the authors.....I cannot stop laughing...."Dressed them up in little nehru Jackets." I wonder if the smoke only came out of the ears?

InOtherNews: is there any human that knows what has happened to MIke Miles - last seen by me on the MSU campus -------

Goblue

Post Number: 2101
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh man...away for two days making a contribution to society...specifically to kids birth to five...and then come back to the ravings and ranting of two who are mental health challenged. God help me!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1787
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: God is a woman ..... I think she graduated from SE so you are doomed......you have to admit that OD is totally funny!

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 586
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES; By any chance was Mike Miles a cop or his dad a cop who gave drivers training lessons after his retirement from the DPD (private not at Denby)?

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 776
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Thank's for the compliment, but one is only as good as the material he has to work with. Fortunately GB provides some good source material.

GB: You were away for two days?

All: Did anyone know GB was away? Did anyone miss him?

KR: I'm not sure what Mr. Miles did, but I don't remember him being a cop. If anyone would know it would be GB. He had professional relationships with all the neighborhood cops.

Goblue

Post Number: 2107
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'm considering bringing OD up on charges of traitorous desertion, assaulting an officer, behavior unbecoming an officer, messin' with the enemy (I have evidence that he was sighted on the westside of Kzoo last week...he was caught on a security camera peeking in a window of SE59's house), etc., etc., etc...the Courts Martial will take place at the next 706 reunion in 2018. We may have to tear his merit badges off of his uniform...and turn him over to Miss Fruend to write "I will not __________" ten thousand times...while sitting on/in her lap.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 790
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: It’s OK. I understand your unfounded vicious attack on me is just the hurt of the HT breakup boiling up again. Let it all out.

All: Being dumped by HT was the worst of all his breakups. Unlike his other relationships this one was more than just physical. They would sit for hours into the night talking, sharing recipes, arranging flowers, and baring their souls to each other. Although he has searched from Alaska to the Gulf, East to West, big city to small town GB never found another love like HT. We need to be patient with him. It’s just the pain talking.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1790
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Never better said ... I think that SR was a cover story and it worked for years ... I am also curious about his need to wear an extra SMALL helmet all the time ... ???? and his worship of that little medallion that he stole from that innocent SJS girl so that he could wear it to work in WW is another mystery .... I think that once again it is linked to the Plymouth NON-chick magnet that had no power and was an automatic.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 800
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The boy needs some help. Isn't fixing this kind of thing supposed to be what you do?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1793
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Statue of Limitations came into affect as soon as GB went on Medicare. I think that we should just humor him from now on

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 808
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Not to worry. GB is $$$ RICH $$$. Whatever Medicare doesn't cover he will gladly pay.

Goblue

Post Number: 2109
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: The market has dived and the hub cap resale business isn't what it was in '58-'59.