Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through July 01, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 227
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stand here as an inspiration to you all that there's life after 60 or 62 or 64 in my case. Age don't mean nuttin'! Go out & have adventures.

My adventure for today is cleaning out the garage.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 856
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you ever get to that point, you might want to have Dr. Jack's number readily available.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2142
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

None of you whinny or go 'Maaa, maaa' do you?
Then I guess I'm okay for now.

I met Happy Jack once in my previous lifestyle. He was living in a flat in Royal Oak, and I met him at one of the local bars. Strange dude, even then. I don't want his phone number.

Eastburn

Post Number: 228
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Naaaaaa

Jcole

Post Number: 2143
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, that might just be your dentures stickin' :-)
Did you eat peanut butter today?

Zitro

Post Number: 857
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or should you have any delusional ideas that any of us look the same as we did when were were 16.

Eastburn

Post Number: 229
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC - actually, that's a punchline to an old joke that shouldn't be repeated on a religious-themed thread.

I think I still look the same as I did when I was 16. Of course, I looked pretty bad at 16.

Jcole

Post Number: 2144
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think we all think we look like we did back then, until we pass a mirror, and go 'Who the hell is THAT??'

EB, I know that joke.

Zitro

Post Number: 858
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apparently SH(Y) people don't age

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 252
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, Z - I'm still delusional enough to think that though I don't look like I did when I was 16 - thank GOD! - I don't look like an old fogey yet either! :-)

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 870

EB, thanks for the pep talk. I had an aunt and uncle that lived into their 90's, and until the end, maintained that youthful positive attitude!

Dr. Jack...isn't he the guy that's trying to hook up his suicide machine to Ford's.

Eastburn

Post Number: 231
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why are CFG & I the only ones brave enough to post current pix of ourselves on FB?

7andkelly

Post Number: 871
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, are you saying The Riddler does not exist?

Zitro

Post Number: 859
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG: If you don't follow the other eastside threads on a regular basis I'm afraid the code I've been using will be of no value to you. Sorry.

7andkelly

Post Number: 872
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Besides, I don't want to work in a sea food restaurant.

Zitro

Post Number: 860
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB: Nice, first you work on our guilt, now you work on a dare. What's next a double dare ya?

Eastburn

Post Number: 232
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got to keep things interesting.

Besides, how will I recognize all of you when you show up on my doorstep?

7andkelly

Post Number: 873
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, we're happy to have you here on our threads, and you're more than welcome to have us show up on your doorstep.

Just be careful out there. Things are not what they may appear. I understand your friend Goblow is looking for a new grease monkey for his hog.

Jcole

Post Number: 2145
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, when we set up the final 1st annual 'SJS forumers Pic-a-nic at EB's house' I will send you a pic so you know who I am. I don't want to strike fear into the hearts of man without provocation. Years of QUITTING cigarettes and booze have taken their toll.
But I still have my sparkling wit

7andkelly

Post Number: 874
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be the one who steps off the free senior bus with the AARP card in a clear plastic holder and a note for the bus driver both pinned to my shirt.

Zitro

Post Number: 861
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found 7's Batman outfit in the trash so....

Zitro

Post Number: 862
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

POW! BAM!! KABOW!!

Just praticin'

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 253
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z - I don't think that it's just not following the Eastside threads are that's keeping me clueless in Warren - but at least I know now, that it has something to do with a secret code.

Zitro

Post Number: 863
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're much better off not exposing yourself to the visceral drivel that lurks in the dark weeds that have grown on the Eastwood plains.

7andkelly

Post Number: 877
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...in this case, west of Hayes.

Zitro

Post Number: 865
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once 7 clears out the riff-raff with his Johnny Seven OMA it's best to stay low until the 'All Clear" signal is given.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 254
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Then I lived on the "bad" side of town when I lived on Hazelridge b/t Hayes and Chalmers? Woo - I'm a riff raff!

Jcole

Post Number: 2149
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C, I don't remember you living that far from me. See, we crossed the neighborhood barriers, and still stayed friends.
Let's all sing Kumbaya, and try to get along.

Zitro

Post Number: 866
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys just never noticed the "No Pervs" signs that hung on the street corners offering you protection.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 255
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I lived there before I was befriended by the good guys and moved to Faircrest. This was my AG time, not my St. Jude time.