Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through July 02, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2150
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, then, that doesn't count. Your life began at SJS, or so I thought.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 256
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're absolutely right - that's why I left AG this past fall and came back to St. Jude. I thought I went home when I went back there 10 yrs. ago, then realized that I had actually run away from home! My life DID begin at Judes!

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 879
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcom home C!

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 257
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank You - It sure DOES feel good to be back home!

Jcole

Post Number: 2151
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some say life begins at 40. They're wrong. Life begins at 7 Mile and Redmond.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 258
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YES it DOES! It begins there and keeps us going.... even into those early AARP Years and beyond.

7andkelly

Post Number: 880
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

e

Jcole

Post Number: 2153
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, key up John Denver:
'Hey, it's good to be back home again. This old place feels like a long lost friend'

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 259
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not much memory on the John Denver lyrics, but can relate to the long lost friend(s) line - and it feels great!

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 867
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 3:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: You might just want to stick with Kumbaya.

Zitro

Post Number: 868
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a reminder, I'll be looking to improve my 0-1 record tomorrow at the Hump. Battling back to .500. It's a noon cst start, I'll be the one wearing the fuzzy Tigers slippers. You can't miss me.

7andkelly

Post Number: 882
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The very best of blessings and good fortune to you and yours and the Tigs tomorrow!

GO TIGERS!

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 260
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We'll be watching for the fuzzy slippers.

Zitro

Post Number: 869
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a nooner game so unless you subscribe to MLB-TV or are lucky enough to have a boss who has a game on during work hours (and if you do I want to send him a resume) (Not to be shared with GoBlow and the boys though) or TiVo you will miss the action.

I guess another option is to play hooky.

Zitro

Post Number: 870
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe I can send a message to ya through Mario, I'll see.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 261
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can't hooky - so DVR is the way to go - Will you hold up a sign - saying HI SJS SLACKERS?

Zitro

Post Number: 871
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I take enough crap into the stadium for sigs so I doubt the sign thing will work, but when I sit down with Mario & Rod and talk about what we should look for in the game I'll ask them to mention something. Best I can do.

7andkelly

Post Number: 883
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C, good idea.

Z, I'm more likely to hear the message tomorrow in real time if it's coming from Dan or Jim. Don't forget to not give them your real name, especially if you're the one who's playing hooky.

Zitro

Post Number: 872
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll see what I can do, I don't know if I'd recognize Dickerson

7andkelly

Post Number: 884
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good point. Look for Price then. He looks the same.

Jcole

Post Number: 2156
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z, just make sure you put the whammy on them so they will win

Zitro

Post Number: 873
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd recognize his mug anywhere. Just saw him in KC.

Zitro

Post Number: 874
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice outing Nate. Way to execute a good game plan.

Zitro

Post Number: 875
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's see. I'll fall behind everyone and then throw it down the middle they'll never expect it

7andkelly

Post Number: 886
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And I'll put runners in scoring position each inning with no outs, and try for inning ending double plays each time.

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

first time to get on this site. grew up on laing, graduated from st jude in 1971 and was an eagle in the boy scouts there. have been seeing so many names which bring back memories - found all my report cards the other night, plus a couple of programs from Fr. Ording's funeral and a small picture history of St Jude. moved away in 1982 to TN, and miss the area - lots of great memories - that area was a great place to grow up. And, telling Mom "going to Heilman" or "see ya by dinner" was the way to go in the summer. Looking forward to being part of this forum.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 262
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Laing! Good to have you - We're sure enjoyed our great memories at St. Jude - and for those of us still in the Metro Area - St. Jude is still home.

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Campfire Girl, I think my sister was in Campfire girls with you - she was two years older than me. So, for those of you who still go to the church, what is the basement church being used for now? Can so remember being a kid and lectoring down there not to say upstairs, too.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 263
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Basement church is used for social gatherings - Pot luck dinners on Holy Thursday - Mardi Gras Fund Raiser dinner before Lent, Social visiting on Mercy Sunday, etc. Generally, the old convent, "Parish Center" is used after the once a month donut and coffee Sunday, but for larger gatherings, we use the basement. It's more of the Church Hall.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 623
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

12468 Laing: WELCOME! Looking forward to your posts. There are over 2700 now. Check out the early archived posts starting in March to get an interesting perspective. Also, there is a facebook site for St. Jude with lots of photos and video.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ Detroit-MI/St-Jude-Roman-Catho lic-Parish/13026593213

If you haven't registered for facebook you may want to consider joining at least for the SJ thread.

Did you by any chance know Dennis Wrosch or Connie Pelkey on Laing?