Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Eastwood memories » Eastwood memories - Archives » Archive through July 04, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 885
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB: Don't fall for this latest GB con job. Remember, I already warned you about him.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 885
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Poor, poor old insignificant Goblow...still baiting people to send him their resumes.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 233
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mine's totally unimpressive. Other than that Nobel Peace Prize. But I had to share it with KR.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 889
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB: I guess when you've seen one Nobel Peace Prize you've seen them all. :-)

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 622
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 2:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7K: There you go playing coy again regarding baseball card trades. You are not mistaken for 7 and K Kid...He was known as a top accordion player on Eastwood during the 60s not a card dealer. Yes, I did graduate in 67 from SJS. BTW do you realize that when you mowed the Carter's lawn you were given the privilege to walk on the once hallowed grounds where our current DSM-V expert once frolicked as a young Eastwoodian?

ES61: Was there anything else you noticed in the alley besides the baseball cards?...perhaps more data could give us some pertinent insight re: GB issues.

EB: Your resume: GW, beamer, sidecar and an open road....NUFF SAID!

7andkelly

Post Number: 887
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR, I thought ES said he was Protestant:-)

Your comments are most poignant, especially pertaining EB's resume. We should all have it so good...living the good life in Michigan's thumb...hit'n the open road in the open air...within easy reach of the UP and the great Detroit city.

ES, was your lawn seeded or sod?

Eastburn

Post Number: 234
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All you have to do is live long enough to retire. It helps to marry a gal with a good pension.

7andkelly

Post Number: 889
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...and a good penchant ... for living!

Eastburn

Post Number: 235
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very good, 7.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2144
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah yes...7&K...he of the quick quip and furious pen...at the level one would expect from the valedictorian...of his GED class...sooooo boring.

7andkelly

Post Number: 895
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR and EB, you're the peace makers. Please make GB stop the derogatory remarks about ES's past. From what I hear, at least ES is a man of his convictions.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 897
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&K: Actually GB and ES are good friends. As I've tried to tell you before, the 'derogatory remarks' between GB, ES and myself on these forums are just ribbing among friends.

7andkelly

Post Number: 896
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD, I tied in KR and EB's virtual world peacekeeping roles, with GB's recent reference to ES having done time, and the double meaning of the word conviction.

I may be just a damn good custodian with a GED, but I'm not that awareness deficient.

Eastburn

Post Number: 236
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea, but we Catholic kids are very sensitive - especially 7.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 900
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&K: Glad to hear you're "not that awareness deficient." Novartis is working three shifts just to meet GB's Ritalin needs. Anyone else needing it would be up the creek.

Goblue

Post Number: 2147
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: 7&K was at least partially right...ES has a record of convictions...in the court of SHY's father...lucky for him that the sentence was never carried out...lashing was illegal even for what ES did.

For the record...since the ball is obviously moving too fast...OD is absolutely correct...our friendship goes waaaaay back...OD and I were partners in crime in Troop 706 and at Columbus in the mid-late 50's...well...I was his legal mouthpiece...which is how he ended up assigned to a military school...but that's another story. ES61 was a couple of years behind us at Columbus and Denby...we suspect that he was a Troop 309'er but he won't admit it...he's a noted west coast psychologist who started his career paying off his debt to society by establishing close friendships with the cops of the 5th Precinct.

Soooooo...everybody just relax...unless 7&K is really HT...coming out.

(Message edited by GoBlue on July 02, 2008)

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1846
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Eastwood Group: I am in need of several recommendations for the Los Altos School District - 7&K you go first with your suggestions - Thanks Two day /week Psychologist No benefits!
should I take it? Hold out for the big bucks? ask for a no trade clause? My old resume was on papyrus.... this is going to be great!

Kellyroad

Post Number: 624
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Since 7K is probably snoozing, I'll go first.
Update your CV ..well at least a 2 page abbreviated resume and limit publications to recent or most pertinent. Are finances even an issue? How supportive is the school district? Are you responsible for K-12 including employees? How large is the staff that you oversee? How much autonomy will you have in that position? Sounds like a great semi retirement position...My hunch is twice a week is on paper and that a psychologist's schedule can become flexible...?? It's still in your blood..go for it. Let your eastside roots/values guide you. Your recent dealings with the east side group has probably solidified a yearning to continue on in psychology. LOL

(Message edited by kellyroad on July 03, 2008)

Kellyroad

Post Number: 625
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 2:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Regarding GB's Ritalin needs: Just remember some of the most creative and brilliant thinking are from those "afflicted" wtih ADD...We need GB's insight and free flowing imagination if the East Side book is to be successful. The paradox however is that he must focus on the introduction and foreward first before any creative endeavors can ensue.

7andkelly

Post Number: 901
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 6:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB alludes to he and OD being "partners" back in the 50's and that he was OD's "mouthpiece".

I'm not familiar with this kind of thing, but maybe that's what GB meant when he said "the ball is ... moving too fast".

Goblue

Post Number: 2149
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 11:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: ST does that job...two days a week...one elementary and one middle school...for about $600 a day with no benefits...the real good part is that she picks the days she works...not necessarily a fixed schedule...go for it...always good to have another source for the social security check. Let me know...I'll be glad to write a recommendation...heh, heh, heh.

I admit...I was a lousy defense counsel for OD...which is how he ended up in a military school...I kept telling him to just tell them..."That's my story and I'm stickin' to it."...but...he thought confession would be good for his soul...and he wasn't even Catholic...or Jewish...even Jjaba wouldn't have caved in that easily. ES61 was much better at it...he looked Officer H right in the eye and swore that he never touched SHY...fifty years later he's stickin' to his story.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 905
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&K: When GB says he was my mouthpiece he means he kept running his mouth and getting us both in trouble. I did my best to keep away from him, but it was like trying to scrape off a leech. Thankfully he now has Tango to cling to. So when GB mentions any bites on Tango’s rear end and blames it on the other horses, don’t you believe it.

KR, GB: I think you misunderstood ES’s plea for recommendations. He’s not looking for employment. He’s trying to gain admittance so he can replace his GED with a real high school diploma.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1847
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To All: OD got it right - only 217.5 credits to go for the GED-Senior diploma.

Od: You need to fess-up about HOW many of the Carey sisters on Parkgrove you chased ???? Trust us! you can explain it all here!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 907
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: All of them. I thought it would help me get in good with their Dad, and he would groom me as his eventual replacement on city council. Then my parents decided to move to California thereby ending my political career. If I had been on the council Detroit never would have sunk to the levels it has. Even Fordham would be cleaned up. Trust me... except maybe for the part about Fordham..... In retrospect I guess the part about getting in good with their dad was pretty naive. Chasing SH(Y) sure didn't do much to get you in good with Mr. H.

Goblue

Post Number: 2152
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I did my best to try to keep OD in line...but the truth is he marched to his own drummer...that or he didn't know his right foot from his left...I'd chant "Hey, your left...left...left, right, left"...and he'd be stumbling all over the place...I suppose its possible too that all he could think about was SD or the Carey sisters...its hard to march when your mind is elsewhere.

Goblue

Post Number: 2155
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: Okay, okay....I'll have a shot at the first chapter.

Let's see....how's this:

It was a dark and moonless night on the Eastside of Detroit. In the distance the horns of the big lake boats could be heard with their deep resonant blasts signaling to one another.....

Whatda think? Okay....I admit it...I stole that from ES's dissertation chapter one...it was the most creative piece of writing that I could find.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 912
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: If GB says this is good, I would use it. He only plagiarizes from the best.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 628
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 2:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A Tale of One Part of One City in an Unforgotten Time (The baby boomers growing up in North East Detroit): It was the best of times surrounded by the worst of times... a post World War II generation.....
OK Eastside contributors finish the sentence and add another and then another ....string it along and we'll might have the introduction completed by Christmas

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 919
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 5:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: Before we can continue we need to remove the baby boomer reference. Some of us are of the 'before baby boomer' age.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2216
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about 'A Tale of a Forgotten City in an Unforgotten Time: Growing up on the NorthEast Side.'