Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through July 07, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 251
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regrettably, all travels this weekend are by car. Getting home after dark each day. I don't ride during "deer time" if I can help it. I've never been anywhere with as many deer as Huron County.

Leaving Friday morning for a rally in West Branch, though.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 921
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got back late from Algonac fireworks and party. Nice drive along the lake there...marshlands and all! Saw Clements HR which put a damper on an otherwise dry day. Oh well...we'll get 'em tomorrow for sure!

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 893
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 9:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My were taking this loss with a grain of salt. Sounds like resignation to a mediocre season. I'm getting pretty close myself.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2238
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 9:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or just the fact that it was 1:20 in the morning and he had been at a fun party tempered his mood.

7andkelly

Post Number: 923
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z/J, I am trying to hold onto hope for the Tigs, at least into August (Then the whole Lions thing I don't like to talk about will rear it's ugly head once again). Ideally, both the Tigers and Lions will be playing meaningful games in September, but that may be asking a bit much for the Lions. I've tries several combinations of Tiger shirts and hats, but I can't seem to come up with any consistent winners. I blame yesterday's loss on me getting home, and taking off my Tiger's jacket (the lighter Spring one). About then is when disaster struck with the 2 run jack.

J's right. Losing is a bit mood tempering.

Z's right. The bar seems to be creeping lower... again.

Jcole

Post Number: 2246
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a favor to ask all my holier counterparts on the thread. My sister, Ruth, may have had a mini-stroke last night. We're waiting for test results to see if it was that or Bell's Palsy. Could you all keep her in mind the next few days for me?
Thanks

Eastburn

Post Number: 252
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 10:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She's in my prayers.

Jcole

Post Number: 2248
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks EB, it helps more than you know

Eastburn

Post Number: 254
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a CT scan a couple of years ago & they asked when I'd had my stroke. I said I've never had one. Was told that the scan showed I'd had a mini at some time in the past. May account for my aberrant behavior but I've never noticed any effects. Hold a positive thought.

Passed through Almont twice today. Didn't see you either time.

Jcole

Post Number: 2249
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I would have known, I would have stood on the corner and waved.
the corner of my street is the one south of the curve, just past the car wash.

Eastburn

Post Number: 255
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll give you a heads up next time.

Do you have a blue & gold flag to wave? Those were our colors weren't they?

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 268
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 7:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your sister is in our prayers over here - please keep us posted. My cousin, our age, went through Bells Palsy earlier this year - he's doing great now. I'll stop at St. Jude's after work this week and light a candle for her.

7andkelly

Post Number: 929
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 8:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J, Ruth is on my prayer list now too. Do keep us posted.

Jcole

Post Number: 2250
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you all. I'll let you know as soon as I know anything else

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 636
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: As EB noted, mini strokes (and Bell's Palsy) often go undetected and are self limiting. Hopefully, this will be the case with Ruth. We'll keep her in our prayers.

Eastburn

Post Number: 258
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not so sure about that, KR. I sure seem to suffer from limited mental capacity these days. Or is that due to 24 years of excessive alcohol consumption?

Zitro

Post Number: 908
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB: The education we received through the school of hard knocks is more valuable and helpful to those around us than anything one can learn through a formal education. Just look at our esteemed colleagues on Eastwood for verification of this.

Zitro

Post Number: 909
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG and others who don't frequent the Eastwood thread you may want to take a quick peek and see some of the Tiger stuff I posted there. But don't stay too long it could be harmful to your health.

Eastburn

Post Number: 259
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting that GB hasn't come back out to fight us Catholics.

My wife wants me to tell him that she graduated from a Catholic school (St. Clement's) & was admitted to (and graduated from) U-M. Not WMU.

I, on the other hand, choose to debate not insult.

Zitro

Post Number: 911
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB: He'l be out in a little bit, it takes a while for the meds to clear his head and try to think lucid thoughts. Debating will get you nowhere with these guys, we've tried it. Unfortunately insulting them doesn't seem to phase them either.

Eastburn

Post Number: 260
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At least they're contained for the time being.

Hey KR - I was looking through the old Morang thread & saw that Holly McKittrick was a neighbor of yours. She was a classmate of mine at St. Jude. (Just thought I should throw in the school name to stay on topic.)

Can you pick her out on the class picture I posted on FB a while ago?

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 269
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Z -
loved the TS memories and like JC - The fine figure of a man in Rocky - I remember my neighbor had a big time crush on him - and there was a saying "Don't know the Rock, but don't let him pitch". If I remember correctly, he did pitch an inning or two, didn't he?
So sad about TS - but being a very active member of the TSFC, I'm proud to say, we did all we could to save her!

Zitro

Post Number: 913
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes he did pitch a few innings. Most people don't know, he finished his career in 68' as a member of the Yankees.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 270
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember that - only because of the "Rocky" lover next door - I was more of a Bill Freehan fan, myself. ....wow those folks on Eastwood can stay there - they're a rough bunch. I'll take the St. Jude gang any time!

Jcole

Post Number: 2255
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's starting to look like the Sharks and the Jets.
At least we are entitled to the Jets name. What have they got?

Zitro

Post Number: 914
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I told you, it's not for the timid

7andkelly

Post Number: 933
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes C, sorry you had to see that.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 271
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow - it's a brutal world out there! I'm sticking to our postings - thank you very much. I didn't go back very far - but then again, it didn't seem worth my time - I'd rather spend it here! Proud to be a St. Jude Jet! Yes, there was a definite reason why at the early age of 8, I defected from the West side of Hayes!

Zitro

Post Number: 917
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG: They're bark is louder than their bite, besides when you get as old as they are you don't have any teeth left anyway.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 639
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Proud to be a JET, Proud to be an Eastwoodian. Keep faith alive, stay strong.