Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school » Denby HS Archive of Archives » Archive through July 04, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1802
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Howie floats the Colorado with Fordham Friend ...

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2117
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Just back in from a couple of hour ride on Tango out on neighbor's ranch...during the ride he really let a long one rip...made me think of you two!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1810
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: That is Tango's way to let you know that he has been talking to VSE59 and that YOU are the one who she is planning against ... Don't not let Tango get on E-Bay and that whammo site Maybe Eastwood Ins. will have you covered ????

Goblue

Post Number: 2126
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Thanks, but don't really need the Eastwood Insurance Company, Inc...while I may complain about the MEA...at the same time I'm grateful that they followed the UAW model and got good benefits for retirees.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1815
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Whew! we were worried that you would be homeless and selling WW pencils on the streets of Prescott that you stole 35 years ago. We are also worried that Tango has started to bend over in the paddock and loading up marbles for a possible nuclear attack.

Goblue

Post Number: 2133
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Not to worry...all is well here...although SMcC-T sometimes worries that the sky is falling.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1818
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Have you finished the bomb shelter yet??????

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 829
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: It's the nature of women to worry that the sky is falling.... or if it's not already falling it soon will. I let a life insurance policy expire last year. Between my pensions and IRAs (of which she is the beneficiary) there is more than enough to support DR for the rest of her life. But she got so freaked out that I bought another policy just to pacify her.

Rocket_bozo
Username: Rocket_bozo

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Columbus Elementary's speed skating art teacher, Jeanne Robinson Omelenchuk passed away last Thursday. She was a Southeastern High Alumni class of 1949. Eastside61 and I had her for Art class in 1955-6. Her obit is in Sunday's Freep. Visitation is June 30th at Roth-Muir, Romeo.

Goblue

Post Number: 2135
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Rocket...I remember her...also had her for Art at Columbus...likely in '54...seems like many notable teachers graduated from S'Eastern.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1822
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rocket: You still need to come clean at least with a street that you might have stayed on while living in the Columbus area.... You only need to be afraid of GB

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 847
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rocket: ES speaks the truth. We only want to know the street so we can trade stories.... no resumes required.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1827
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 2:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rocket: Do you realize that the columbus 8th grade basketball team that played a Cannon rec on Sat mornings were called the ROCKETS - Red/White uniforms...... Do you remember Tommy Ridas, Doug Allen, Freddie Adani, they were all members.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 860
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rocket: I guess the memory cells are dying. I don't remember Mrs. Omelenchuk by name. In fact I don't even remember art class. But I do vaguely recall having a teacher who was an olympic skater. So that must have been her..... Do you remember Mrs. Patalunes (spelling?) from music class? She was our teacher both before and after she married. I remember when she told the class she got married and her new name was Mrs. Patalunes, but I can't remember her maiden name. Does anyone remember it?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1829
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Od: Mozart was her name.... what I also loved about Columbus during the holiday season was when they would match students around the hallways singing ONLY christmas songs ... Our jewish classmates were stunned and bewildered about this strong eastside ethnic tradition ... ONLY one religion will be tolerated at Columbus at a time ..... One of the sad aspects of the 50's 60's era....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 867
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: We were naïve and happy in our own little world never really noticing or understanding the plight of others not as privileged as ourselves.

Rocket_bozo
Username: Rocket_bozo

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I am not Fred Adani, Doug Allen or Tom Ridas, but I know them well. I saw Fred Adani and Tom Deerwa's High School Senior picture on the wall at Fraser High School. Mrs Omelenchuk's maiden name was Robinson. I used to remember Patalune's maiden name, maybe it will come back to me. It seems to me that it was one syllable.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1838
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rocket: many of us for years have been trying to locate Doug Allen - any word on his whereabouts?????

And wasn't Petalunas' maiden name Mozart?????

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 877
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rocket: Since you’re telling us who you are not, please tell us you are not SH(Y). ES still hasn’t gotten over her, and we try not to mention her name because it brings buried memories back to the surface. Even now, sometimes when he is out with Violet and Greta he will catch himself fantasizing that one of them is SH(Y).

Eastside61

Post Number: 1841
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rocket: Are you sure you did not grow up on Fordham between Celestine and McCrary .....?????? Do you like to wear leather helmets?

Goblue

Post Number: 2140
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Miz Patalunes...wasn't she the teacher who tossed you out of class for glueing a mirror to the toe of your shoe and then trying to stand close to her?

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 883
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Next time I'll listen to the expert and just polish my shoes like you told me to. BTW does that trick work with cowboy boots, or is Tango on to you?

Goblue

Post Number: 2143
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 11:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Today is sheath cleaning day...I'll get back to you and let you know.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1843
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Who's Sheath? This isn't that self cleaning program you have been pushing is it ?????

Goblue

Post Number: 2154
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Gawd! I wish it was a self-cleaning process...mama don't 'low no dirty peckers in the barn.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 914
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What does this have to do with chickens?

Goblue

Post Number: 2158
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: YOU explain it to the city slicker...I don't know where to start...of course, neither did/does he.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1850
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: This is a special program that GB initiated in order to keep himself occupied. One of the problems he has encountered is that the more times the cleaning process happens to horse it goes blind ...

Goblue

Post Number: 2163
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Next time I'm gonna haul them to San J and let YOU do the job. Diego stands calmly...Tango takes offense.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 921
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: So now it’s Tango AND chickens? You’re right, I don’t know. And I don’t think I want to know.

ES: I understand that part. And that explains the epidemic of blind mustangs on the Arizona range. But where do the chickens come in? Is GB making his own egg shampoo?