Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Archive through July 01, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 811
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: But the horse shoe resale market ought to be booming around Prescott. And you already have the skill set needed to stock your inventory.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2112
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: No luck there...ours go barefoot...better for their feet.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1794
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Is it GB who goes barefoot?

Goblue

Post Number: 2116
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: No barefoot around here for me...not with cactus, rattlers, scorpions, and tarantulas...strictly boots. Tango wears boots too, when we're in the mountains. I understand there are a whole lot of crocks in CA though.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1800
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Cactus, Rattlers, SCorpions and Tarantulas ... aren't those old girlfriends you courted after PTA meetings.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 814
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: GB gave up barefoot after SE59 started complaining about him keeping her barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1803
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I think you got this one wrong ... VSE59 kept him barefoot so that he could not get a running start when things were going badly and she would bend over getting ready to shoot her whammo "Run GB ... Run"

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 821
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 9:12 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: My mistake. I thought she had the bare feet, and he had the bare butt. Guess I had it reversed.

GB: Do you and Tango get your boots at the same place? How is a horse able to walk with those cowboy heels on the boots?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1806
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 11:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Give Tango some credit ..he taught GB how to up grade his white guy image and all those dance steps .... remember OD that Ms Hester at Columbus taught GB the Virginia Reel and then she gave up on him....... so Tango to the rescue! Hi Ho Tango ....

Goblue

Post Number: 2120
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Boys, boys...now don't start getting bitchy!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1811
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: We never bitched when you and ?????? slow danced on the Denby gym floor...... we just tried our best to understand your new life style ... we all we wanted was your happiness....

Goblue

Post Number: 2125
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You two are sounding more bitchy by the day...its okay...your chosen lifestyle is fine by me. Are you planning to hyphenate your names after the ceremony?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1814
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: calm down .... take a deep breath ... We will be moving to Kalamazoo to be with our real friends and hope to start a whammo support group once we settle in ...

Goblue

Post Number: 2132
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Couldn't be more relaxed here...let me know when you and OD are heading to Kzoo...I understand that SE59 has a room to rent since her second passed a couple of years ago.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1817
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: We both want to use you as a reference .... We have Eastwood Ins to cover ourselves.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 830
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 8:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: We'll try to be real good tenants. Maybe we can get her to remove a couple pins from her little Gold Oscar voodoo doll.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1823
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 6:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: The rental app asks if we ever lived on the eastside of Detroit?

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 848
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Tell them "Not on Fordham"

Eastside61

Post Number: 1824
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Should we use HT as a ref. ????? As long as he does not speak about his close friend GB....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 853
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'm not sure that's a good idea. SE59 might have overheard GB talking about HT in his sleep. She probably couldn't stand the competition.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1825
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 2:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I think we should list that we sell speciality cars - featuring Ford Sunliners - I am sure she will like that .... Once we move in we need to find the Golden Oscar and start sticking more pins in it.... Old GB will be a Dancin' across AZ for weeks.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 859
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I don't know if she would be pleased with us putting Ford Sunliners back on the road. How about a metal salvage business specializing in crushing Sunliners? ..... I never thought about it but GB is quite the dancer isn't he? First there was his dirty dancing style in the '50s, high-kicking with HT, disco in the Nehru jacket, and now country kicker dancing at the Prescott hoedowns. You don't think GB is really John Travolta do you?

(Message edited by olddetroiter on June 30, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 1830
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 12:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Wow! That's IT..... next season we can look forward to GB and TANGO ( kinda like GB and HT used to do) dancin' with the stars...... Let's see - maybe he would opt out for his old partner Evelyn Fruend ... and talk about rolling out the barrel .... This is going to be BIG .. In fact VERY very BIG..... can't wait to see them do that desk dance again.... both on top and underneath.... all those moves......amazing.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 864
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I can see it now... A Dancing with the Stars threesome special at the Prescott Hoedown.... Featuring GB in his honkin' big cowboy boots, Tango in his custom made Totes, and EF in her '50s style buckle goloshes. Should be a ratings hit for sure. I know I'm going to tune in.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1832
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: All music will be available on 78 rpm records ... The Prescott Hoedown will be the hit of the season.... "Dancing Threesome" will be a whole new rage... I am amazed how GB can continue to pull this all off...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 868
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Did you happen to catch the auditions for the show? There was one poor lady sitting in a corner with her face in her hands repeating over and over .. "Oh, why did I ever leave Indiana?"

Eastside61

Post Number: 1837
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: How many auditioned? Were they all wearing extra small leather helmets? It is rumored that HT's favorite song was :Mr Tap Toes" I also heard that they did arrest a woman outside of the dance hall who walked somewhat bent over and she had a concealed whammo in her possession ... Seems like GB has now trouble in two mid western states... not good.

ES61 Proudly, Selling protection for my brother GB

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 878
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: It looked like all of Prescott turned out to support GB. Must have been at least 15-20 people there. GB and Tango had some early problems with the Texas Two-Step, having three left feet between them. But then EF dug her spurs into them and got them on track. Good news... they qualified for the finals. They will be shown on the Animal Planet during sweeps week.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1840
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Are you SURE? I was watching "Animal Cops - Detroit" I am sure I saw all three of them being questioned by the Michigan Humane Society and the DPD..... The older guy was wearing a small leather helmet.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 884
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: They all came home to celebrate qualifying for the finals and may have partied a little too much... especially Tango. The animal cops pulled the buckboard over on Fordham and took Tango to the station for pulling under the influence.