Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Heilmann Park Revisited.....Dawn of a new day » Heilmann Park Revisited - Archives » Archive through July 06, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1836
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: There is one page in the new DSM V which right is the center of the page in a font of 6 are the initials GB .... that is pretty rudimentary and says it all..

ES 61: Proudly, Assisting GB at every turn.... really!

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 620
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Thanks for the veiled GB citation. The DSM V I'm sure will be a hot seller and should be a number one on all east siders "must read" list.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2152
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is probably a must read on most of their lists already, or at least it's a 'Must Read about them'
I'm pretty sure they built our neighborhood on a toxic waste dump, and it filtered into the drinking water.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1839
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc: I'll Toast to that - and that is why we all need to write the History and when we are done we can have several more drinks ... even GB will dig deep into one of those 15 retirement plans and by the first round and return the Nehru medallion to you!

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2141
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 7:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Sheeuuut! A couple of backyard tennis ball hockey players...f__king pair of wusses...let's get on the ice so ya'll can see what tough love really looks like.

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 886
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: What comes after mirror reading? Aggression complex?

Goblue

Post Number: 2145
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 4:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Yer askin' ES? Did you forget that he's a Tier 2 school grad? They never got past the study of behaviorally conditioned response chickens at MSU...much less a closer examination of the bovine barn. You gotta read his dissertation some time...if you can find it.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 901
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I think I saw a copy of the dissertation at a paper drive once. Did it have something to do with sexual drives of female goats? I found it to be the best kind of paper for starting fires in the fireplace.

Goblue

Post Number: 2148
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 6:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: That's it...he was always into goats...so to speak! The only fire ES ever set was in the fireplace...according to SHY...she said she was speaking for the sisterhood at Denby and MSU.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1844
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD:GB- All the bovines were enrolled in AA - Tier One Bovines! I think they were the ones who were into wearing leather helmets and cleaning sheaths.....

Goblue

Post Number: 2151
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Would you please send the punch cards with your dissertation data on goat sexual behavior to OD? We'd would like to rerun your data...just to make sure there was no fudging of the outcomes...you did test several hypotheses...correct? They did teach hypothesis testing at MSU? Please tell me that's correct...please.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 918
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 5:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Just received a note from ES. He said we will have to trust him about the dissertation data. The goats ate his punched cards.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1849
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/GB: I finally finished packing the 237 boxes of punch cards and crayons. Remember to handle the cards with care so that NON of the hanging chads are removed..... maybe that is why the Dissertation was only 8 pages .... The data was processed in Florida.... by the Kathleen Harris company .... I got screwed it was supposed to be 11 pages - I even had two introductions - One from a noted educator from Warren Woods (leather guy) and the other was the vice-chancellor ( Toilet paper and linens) from Alma College..... I hope those are not missing too .....

Goblue

Post Number: 2157
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: If we can't trust ES who can we trust in this world?

ES: Sounds like a pretty typical MSU dissertation.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 911
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't look now, but look who's polling at 6%.

BWA HA HA HA HA HA!

...I posted this because you said you hate his guts.

BWA HA HA HA HA HA!

http://www.votenader.org/index .html

Kellyroad

Post Number: 631
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7K: The polls on July 4 are a great predictor of a November 4 outcome....recall Kerry's 15 point lead in 04???????

BTW, GB, IMO, has risen above the baiting tactics of some of our contributors.. ES, although afflicted with the Eastwood Syndrome himself, has made great strides in quelling GB's aggressive rebukes and turning them into a creative literary source.

7andkelly

Post Number: 914
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay. I give. Who's Kerry?

KR: Do you mean Gore? If you see him at another one of your tea parties, please find out what took him so d@#% long to invent the internet. Oh, and also why was it so friggen' cold yesterday I had to wear my Tiger's jacket (the warmer one). Whatever he's done so far to reverse man-made global warming, please tell him, "enough already"!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1852
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&K: Kerry is the name of a fox that GB dated all during Columbus, HS and at WMU. She wrote all of his papers while attending the u OF m during the grad period ... she then worked in WW - Alaska, Huntsville, Indiana and Glennie Michigan at the IGA store. He even had her write a two sentence intro for the book ... She currently has a 65 point lead over McBush.... I can post her pic if that helps you!

Goblue

Post Number: 2161
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Hell...the south end of Tango has a 65 point lead over George W. McCain...and his mirror image John W. Bush.

7andkelly

Post Number: 916
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 10:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES, that was such a weak response I'm giving you a redo. It's right there. Focus!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1857
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&K: Kerry is the name of a fox that GB dated all during Columbus, HS and at WMU. She wrote all of his papers while attending the u OF m during the grad period ... she then worked in WW - Alaska, Huntsville, Indiana and Glennie Michigan at the IGA store. He even had her write a two sentence intro for the book ... She currently has a 65 point lead over McBush.... I can post her pic if that helps you!•••

ES61 Proudly, Ready to Redo for you 7&K.....

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 887
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well 7 you asked for it.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 632
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The air raid test just went off in Riverview a few minutes ago...That sound always brings back the memory of playing army in the early 60s ...pretending to shoot out the enemy planes then taking cover. The air raid sirens on the north east side had a very powerful sound since there were at least 2 perhaps even 3 fire stations within earshot that tested on the 1st Saturday of the month at 1PM. Question: One of the fire stations was located on Whittier just down the street from Dominican HS. Where were the others?

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 888
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: Believe it or not the one on Whittier was the closest to us. They never did build one closer once the NE side developed. My dad ran out of Helen & Miller mostly. There was also one on Rohns & E. Warren. I know there was one on Mack somewhere on the ES but I don't recall the side street.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 633
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Where ever the stations were they provided a neat sound. When the siren was pointed at our direction and then another siren would also point at our direction...there would be a great doppler effect..loud and resonating. That moment in the fall..with the smell of burning leaves, lots of kids playing army, and the piercing sound of the air raid siren is what "captures" the time and place of the far east side in the 60s.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1858
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: Only remember the one on Whittier .... and I do remember the 1 PM blast ....

7andkelly

Post Number: 917
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well at least we know he can follow simple instructions, albeit, a bit robotically.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1861
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: What directions? I was freelancing actually I borrowed the words from Father Bananahead - the January 1959 edition of the Catholic Digest PP 67, 68 and 70..... he wrote a story about his work at NDHS.....

7andkelly

Post Number: 922
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Freelancing...I assume that's some kind of drug reference?:-)

Eastside61

Post Number: 1864
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 2:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: 7&K: Kerry is the name of a fox that GB dated all during Columbus, HS and at WMU. She wrote all of his papers while attending the u OF m during the grad period ... she then worked in WW - Alaska, Huntsville, Indiana and Glennie Michigan at the IGA store. He even had her write a two sentence intro for the book ... She currently has a 65 point lead over McBush.... I can post her pic if that helps you!•••

Freelancing on the West Coast just for you! I don't need to hit the chemicals to freelance... I hope you are in a better state than recent threads indicate ... Let me know if I can help!
ES61 Dr. Eastside still working with my Eastwood neighbors