Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school » Denby HS Archive of Archives » Archive through July 09, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1854
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Od: What I am curious about is how did all those AZ wild mustangs go blind ... remember that GB goes away every several days and does not tell the Misses....and he comes back with his cleaning materials and a smile on his face ....

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2166
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 4:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Triple J Sheath Cleaner...the best on the market.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1860
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You seem to have what they call in the equine world as the Stroke Down ..... What about Oxiclean??? 409???? Brillo???? Mr Bubble????

Goblue

Post Number: 2168
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I wanna be there when you try to use Brillo on Tango...he objects to the Aloe and cream...glad you know to stay clear of the rear hoofs.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1865
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I am so so proud of you taking your 'stroking' skills you learned in troop 706 and actually applying them literally to Tango... what a bonding experience...You did learn your stoking skills on the camp outs = right? More than likely while you were alone..... but isn't daily a little too much.... what does uncle OD think about stoking????? on a daily basis....

Goblue

Post Number: 2171
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Actually...I was with SHY at Balduck. OD doesn't know what we're talking about...for crying out loud...leave him in peace...he's still working on learning the north end from the south end

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 928
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Yes, leave me alone. And go back to trying to figure out why you can't find anything to stroke on Greta and Violet.

GB: The reason it's Greta and Violet is because ES learned what happens when he tries stroking billy goats.

Goblue

Post Number: 2176
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Billy goats can't be any worse than horses lemme tell ya! Has to rank with one of the foulest chores there is...foul odor...pissed off horses...gimme a goat any day.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 930
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I won't argue with you about that, but you know what a wimp ES is. A goat is about all he can handle on a good day.

Goblue

Post Number: 2178
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: The way I hear it handling goats IS a good day for ES.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 934
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Not a billy goat. When ES said he wanted something horny he was thinking more along the lines of SHY.

Goblue

Post Number: 2180
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I think ES gets confused about horny...Billy goats and emotions get all wrapped up for him...SHY was 50 years ago...I'll bet he can't even remember what she looks/looked like...other than that she was always giggling after their dates. The sad part is that he believed her when she told him that she'd never gone that far before...he thought she meant driving to Balduck.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 936
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Well, the part of going all the way to Balduck was true too. The alleys afforded just as much privacy as Balduck, and she could get home quicker for her next date.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1871
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB:-OD I thought that this thread was about the Bible and its miracles. The miracle that we made it through HS The Miracle that we actually are alive The miracle that Bill H didn't crush our skulls (He never knew what went on over on Bishop) The Miracle that we even went to class The Columbus Miracle that we all went to a school named after a great italian and the school was not a catholic school..... The miracle of Stroking The miracle of stroking and the cure for blindness The miracle of OD dating all of the Carey sisters and still being alive The miracle of 7&K
and his love for GB. The miracle of SR and her relationship with HT The miracle of the 59 prom and SJ The miracle of small leather helmets The miracle of GB dissertation which is actually the Hail to the Victors written backwards (all verses) The miracle of the Nehru medallion and how it protected GB from getting various social diseases after PTA meetings in WW .... The miracle of the CA experience by OD and why he never became a surfer. The miracle of NDHS in the 50 and 60's The miracle of 7&k and his extensive resume ....

ES61 Proudly, Supporting the Miracle of Jjaba

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 941
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 9:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: WOW! That's longer than your dissertation. Truly remarkable that you could write something that long without straying off topic. I hope you had a good nap to rest up after writing all that..... Re: surfing, I lived too far inland to get to the ocean that often. Most water I saw was in the local pools, and they didn't have wave pools then.

Cub
Username: Cub

Post Number: 568
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 1:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I start coaching Football at Denby today. I am the Offensive and Defensive Line Coach.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1873
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub: Congrats to you Remember to RUN OVER Pershing ... back in the day (late 50's early 60's those games would draw 6000 plus .... what is your outlook for this falls season? Have fun and I am glad that you have taken the time to assist those student with all aspects of being teenagers on the Eastside of Detroit....

Goblue

Post Number: 2184
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub: Awriiight! Congratulations...you're the next in line to a long and proud tradition.

Cub

Post Number: 569
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you! And I am proud to be a Denby Tar even though I was a Kettering Pioneer. The guys made me feel at home today. We have a very good core and the lineman are very athletic. One OT ran a mile in 8 minutes flat. All but one did it under 11 min.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1879
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub: Good luck with summer practice and workouts. Who do you open up against in September? Who is predicted to be the team to beat? I hope the TARS! When were you a Pioneer?

Cub

Post Number: 570
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 11:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We open up against Northwestern. Dont know who is predicted to be the team to beat. I want to beat King (I didnt beat them when I played in high school). I was a Pioneer from '86-'90.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1884
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub: Good luck against the BIG NO.... as they used to cheer back in the day. While at Kettering do you by chance remember a Sam De Mercurio - he was an English teacher????

Cub

Post Number: 571
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes I do!

Goblue

Post Number: 2188
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub: Knowing that you're on the field with our TARs will make it an even better season...beat S'Eastern, beat Pershing...and we'll celebrate. When you're promoted to head coach to pick up the mantle of the great Eddie Rutherford we'll throw an eastside party. ES and I had short careers as TAR football players...Coach Rutherfold told me to grab the dummie...so I ran over and got ahold of ES who was a freshman and held him in the backfield as a target for my classmate Ed Budde...when Ed ran over the top of both of us I concluded that football at 5'6" and maybe 120 lbs...was not my game. After that ES turned to tennis and I turned to golf...both better suited to our respective sizes.

BTW be careful of ES...he claims to have been a S'Eastern teacher once upon a time. Personally, I think that hit by Budde did some long term damage...it was in the leather helmet days.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 952
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub: Back in the days of GB, ES and myself Pershing was THE team to beat. If we didn’t beat them on the field, at least we beat them after the game. Are they still Denby's most hated rival, or is it someone else now?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1886
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cub: Once again ... good for you! Sam D and I taught together at SE in the mid 60's .... We used to carpool together to work. In recent years Sam, Tom Tuschak, Jim Osborne and myself would at least once a year play a round of golf at Chandler Park for old times sake .... Sam still lives in Motown on Outer Drive just above Mack..... Small World Man! Sam is also an Eastsider, too but is a graduate of the former Notre Dame HS in Harper Woods. Eddie Rutherford who is one of the most famous DHS coaches lived on my street. He later left DHS to be an assist. coach at MSU......

Goblue

Post Number: 2189
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're right OD...I/We had a close call after a Pershing game...it was at their field...we won...TT's older sis was my date of the day...a bunch of Pershing ahole's decided to hassle us as we headed to my car...scared us but nothing serious happened when a bunch of my Denby buddies came along...I know you'd have jumped in to help...we found ES hiding under the bleachers.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 957
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I remember. I rode the bus with a bunch of other guys. We would have helped if we saw you. I was wondering who that was cowering under the bleachers.

BTW you're lucky you didn't take the bus. That bus driver was one wierd guy. Kept trying to take us to Cass Tech, and we had to keep telling him we were going to Pershing.

(Message edited by olddetroiter on July 09, 2008)

Goblue

Post Number: 2193
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: What in the world were you doing on the Dexter bus trying to get to Pershing from Denby? Was the driver wearing a yarmulke? If he was I'll bet anything it was Jjaba.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 964
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Is that what that thing was? I thought he was a moonlighting monk from SJ trying to cover up his bald spot.