Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Archive through July 10, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2146
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 4:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/ES: I told Tango to stay out of that fermented hay! Just what I need...a DUI horse.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1845
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 1:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I think that Tango worked the alley's on the eastside in the 40 & 50's. He never recovered from the Gar Wood dump trucks that took over ...

Goblue

Post Number: 2150
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: It could have been one of Tango's ancestors...I remember feeding apples to the horse pulling the "sheeny wagon" down the alley...whatever the hell that meant. It was a sad day on the eastside when they no longer used horses to deliver ice and milk...and to pick up alley trash...not sure when that was...after WWII...sometime in the late 40's. To tell the truth though...they were pretty sorry nags.

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 904
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You more than anyone should know that addiction is a disease. It's not Tango's fault he's hooked on the fermented hay and hallucinates about being a show horse.

Goblue

Post Number: 2153
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/ES: Tango WAS a contender...two-year old stallion reserve champ...he constantly lets the others in the barn know that...they resent it and make him eat last.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 911
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Looks like Tango's not the only one eating the fermented hay.

Goblue

Post Number: 2159
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 1:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tango's a lover...not a fighter...his stall/runout is in the middle so he spends his mornings teasing and taunting the other two from behind the rails...sort of like OD did to Tony N...Diego is alpha...second-in-command is Cinnamon the old mare...so when they are turned out into the yard after breakfast they chase him around until they all get bored with the game...basically having horses is like living in an equine kindergarten...or on Mapleridge.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1851
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Tango is a born leader! he read GB's dissertation and then ate it along with his alfalfa and COB..... Cinnamon runs the place and we all know why So life across the board is the same ... and we should just surrender ... or maybe we have already

Goblue

Post Number: 2162
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I did! My advice is...give up...before they shoot us all for what you did! It's been my experience that a woman will shoot every guy in the room just to make sure she got the right one...its the old USMC philosophy...let God sort 'em out!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 922
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Tony N was a good guy, and I’ve never seen him get mad at anyone. But that doesn’t mean I would taunt him. If anyone ever did get him mad, I bet that anyone would never do it again. Right GB?.... I don’t recall the Mapleridge equine kindergarten, but I do remember a stable-like odor in the neighborhood from the time you parked your tricycle at Elvidge’s until you went home later in the day.

ES: Tango a leader? I thought GB just said he was a wimp.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1855
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: The Tango leadership thing is a cover ... kinda like Cheney or Rove running the show and spinal cord Bush stumbling around as the cover....
BULLETIN: Looks like some of the CSI Investigators( 4 to be exact) WILL be in TC on 8/1 and will be discussing this years findings, addresses, photos and maybe even giving out the Father Bananahead Music Award.... Sally J and Sandy R's life size photos will be on display in the lobby.... NO Nehru jackets please!

Goblue

Post Number: 2165
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Are you saying that the convention is in TC? Should we be booking flights? SJ's and SR's in full life size would be a wonder to behold.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1859
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I need time for my head to clear ... I'm a little nervous for you so I will contact Ms Smith regarding pre convention findings and information so that YOU will not have to leave the country or move in with 7&K once again.... The music award you do have locked up ... NO NO it is not OD playing the "tonette or flute-a-fone" ... Please calm down because the CSI sisters have gone to great length with this years recording selection....

Goblue

Post Number: 2169
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Yeah...I need some time for my eyes to refocus...SJ's AND SR's in full life size! Ohmigawd!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1867
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Remember when OD and his accordion would play Roll out the barrel .... Just imagine .... no sorry i won't go there.... But in other news you will love the music award..... it is VERY good and very MEANINGFUL.....

Goblue

Post Number: 2173
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: All right...I'm trusting you on this one...probably my first mistake. Are you planning to attend the conference in TC or is this all by video-conferencing...in which case we need to get our IT go-to guy involved.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 929
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: It should be a blast. I hear the whole ES family will be there, and with shoes on even. ES is even going to buy a new string for his washtub bass.

Goblue

Post Number: 2175
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Naw...ES in shoes? I've heard him referred to as a crock...but never heard of him in shoes. I hear he's up for an Emmy on the washtub bass...probably singing "I left my Heart in San Francisco"...referring to HT.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 931
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: actually they're the same shoes he was wearing when he left Michigan. Took them off when he reached San Fran so they're still as good as new. And very stylish if you're into the retro look.

Goblue

Post Number: 2177
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 8:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Oh man...ES in black wingtips, calf high black socks and his plaid bermuda shorts...what a sight to behold! I'll bet he brings his light blue polyester leisure suit along on the trip. Well...at least he'll be easy to find in TC.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 935
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Too bad he missed the Cherry Festival. With that outfit and being from CA he could have donned his Turban and founded a new religion proselytizing the tourists.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1876
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boys: since you both flunked out of the pre VET programs at the same time at different schools I wonder if you could reenroll and finally fulfill your life goals .....

Goblue

Post Number: 2182
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jeez...Vet school? You mean that was VET school? All this time I thought I was studying human physiology with that Bronson Hosp. student nurse tutor.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1881
Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: another meaning for intensive care ... Was her speciality sheath related????

Goblue

Post Number: 2186
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I ain't goin' there...except to say that we had some delightful times together...Terri F...ran into her years later, when my dad was hospitalized after a stroke, and she was working at the Detroit Rehab Institute.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1890
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boys: I hope that "CUB" and the TARS do well this fall...since dps has closed so many schools I wonder if they still have a EAST / West divisions for sports .... ????

Goblue

Post Number: 2194
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 3:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All: I was wondering the same thing...if the traditional rivalries are still intact...what the divisions look like...those Friday afternoons made for great memories...especially with SR leading the cheers.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1893
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Many many reports from those in the stands seem to remember your focus on Howie .... could they be wrong????? Didn't Ms R the foxy cheerleader date Eddie Hood??? like for years and you just hung around with H???? OD - you have additional info right?

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 973
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 8:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I remember a city championship game at Briggs Stadium (before they renamed it Tiger Stadium). Instead of leading the Denby cheers SR sat sobbing on the sidelines before 20,000+ people for the whole game because HT just stole GB from her.

Goblue

Post Number: 2204
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WRONG!! Ed Hood and I were friends at Denby...he played centerfield for U-M...he's a big time att'y in A2...was on the city council...also represented #2 in the divorce action...p___k tried to get a piece of my pension...my att'y trumped him...so much for old friendships.

SR was sobbing because we'd had a minor tiff before the game...the make up afterwards was truly to remember...back to Scott Fountain.