Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through July 15, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2525
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, but then we'd have to delete all the messages before she got back, and that could just get messy

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe we could distract her from catching up on previous posts

Zitro

Post Number: 1043
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She does have a lot of work to do after all. relic hunting, class pics, trophies. Am I missing something? Oh yea I was wondering if she can obtain the picture in room 100 of the church too.

Jcole

Post Number: 2526
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We could try that or we could go back and edit them all to be flattering.
Just don't try this stuff with me. I'll be checking in most days, other than when I'm on the train, then I'll be on your turf, Z, so watch out.

Zitro

Post Number: 1044
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 5:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yavol mein commandant!

Jcole

Post Number: 2527
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ach Tung, Baby

Zitro

Post Number: 1045
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess my only other option is to be nice. Geeezz, twice in one week. I had to nice to the knuckleheads last week (well kind of) and still feel the pain from that.

Zitro

Post Number: 1046
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Woo See

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 289
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey JC, Have a great trip. I'll have to mark your BD down, too.

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 42
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey group, as i remember the relics in the altar stone, there was to have been one at each corner and one of st jude in the middle. at least on the the one in the basement church, i really looked at it and saw there was something there. there were crosses at each corner and i can't remember the priest's name. but he showed me where they were they were to be. the altar stones to me were @4" thick and were in the middle of the altar - yes, i saw the one in the main church, too. when the church went through the renov recently, what happened to the altar and the big canopy in the main church? and hey, i say if cfg is out of town, she is fair game. i found the booklet of fr ordings's funeral. also found a picture of the church before the canopy was put up. will try to get these scanned and posted. i can't thank this website enough to get these memories back in the forefront.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 975
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all. I was going to write-in "fountain drink", but this apparently is not an option.

Just coming back online from a recent load of busy. Fun catching up with all your posts.

(Message edited by 7andkelly on July 14, 2008)

Zitro

Post Number: 1047
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

laing: As mentioned before we have a St. Jude site on Facebook. If you have any pics it would be great to post them on there. It's a great repository and more easily accessable instead of having to go back through posts to try and find things. Give it a try and if you have any trouble you can ask any of us for help. Here's the link.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ Detroit-MI/St-Jude-Roman-Catho lic-Parish/13026593213?ref=ts

7: Glad to see your safe and sound mother was worried about you.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 680
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://dlxs.lib.wayne.edu/cgi/ i/image/image-idx?sid=479ff853 04b7356845dc98128ba0e00e&q1=st +jude&rgn1=vmc_ti&op2=And&q2=& rgn2=vmc_ti&type=boolean&med=1 &view=thumbnail&c=vmc

12468: Thank you for sharing. We all collectively have some great stories. Don't we?

The above link was posted before but sometimes recycling is appropriate.

7andkelly

Post Number: 976
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z/Jc, it was nice the way you went to bat for your friends on that thread on Sat. Hope it helps. (Good the way you spelt your words two).

7andkelly

Post Number: 977
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now if we can only gets the Tigs to bat better...especially with RISP.

Zitro

Post Number: 1048
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wee dun goud huh?

7andkelly

Post Number: 978
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just saw a commercial for the Lions. Could this be the year?!

7andkelly

Post Number: 979
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Yup to your question.

(Message edited by 7andkelly on July 14, 2008)

Kellyroad

Post Number: 681
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The above is a cropped picture of a St. Jude nun taken around 1968-1969. Who is she? I haven't a clue.

7andkelly

Post Number: 980
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sr. Celestine!

My 5th grade History and Geography teacher.

Zitro

Post Number: 1049
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amazing the Loins are advertising for the next season. I heard season tickets sales are down, it's about time the fans revolt. Don't forget they are the Loins though. Anything that can get screwed up... will.

Do you guys ee Josh Hamilton in the HR Derby? What a beast!

Kellyroad

Post Number: 682
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7K: Sr. Celestine is not wearing the traditional Dominican habit...white and forehead covered. Was she one of the first nuns to wear the modified habit or did all nuns at that time switch over?

7andkelly

Post Number: 981
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 10:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z, YES saw that! Can "back, back, back, back, back" ever get old? I vote yes, but it's still fun to watch.

KR, I wasn't paying that close attention at that time, but I assume, if one nun kicked the old habit, the others would be uniformly dressed. My vote is for the more traditional habit.

7andkelly

Post Number: 982
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope for the Lions begins close to draft time, and usually runs until they start getting mathematically eliminated. "Then depression set[s] in".

Kellyroad

Post Number: 683
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z and 7K: Regarding the Lions. Remember ST. JUDE IS THE PATRON OF HOPELESS CASES!
A Novena, benediction, and yes a spiritual bouquet are suggested.

Zitro

Post Number: 1050
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR as much faith as I have in prayer, this one is beyond even St. Jude. I find my time is better spent on Sunday afternoons in the fall taking a nap

Kellyroad

Post Number: 684
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Never give up. St.Jude was with you before, now and when you need him. Stay strong and keep hope alive.. Go Jets Go Lions

7K: How many large candles are needed for the Lions?

Jcole

Post Number: 2528
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR, one 320 lb candle or linebacker would help

Jcole

Post Number: 2529
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was going to guess that nun as St. Marie Christine from Z and my 8th grade year. 69-70, but honestly, so many of the nuns looked alike, I can't be sure.

Jcole

Post Number: 2530
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 12:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, my young 'uns, mom is going out of town for a while, so I want all of you to behave. I won't be on at all until Weds. sometime, so behave yourselves and remember, I will read over the posts, so no bad mouthing me. I'm going to be gone til the 26th, but I'll pop in and out probably daily.
Don't let the neighborhood bullies get you into any trouble. They'll try, but I know I can trust you all to do your best to behave.