Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school » Denby HS Archive of Archives » Archive through July 12, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1888
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boys: I was hiding under the bleachers but at Denby ... did we win the game?

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2195
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You weren't "hiding" under the bleachers...admit it...you were tryin' to do some peeking! I was in the top row...cheering for my beloved SR. By then OD was California Dreamin'...don't know whether to feel sorry for him or not...never knew what happened to him...one day he was there...the next he was gone...figured he'd been sent to reform school.

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 965
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 5:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB, ES: And it worked too until I ran into you two again.

Goblue

Post Number: 2199
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is thanks we get for tryin' to straighten him out! No good deed goes unpunished!

Eastside61

Post Number: 1892
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I do remember the young OD next to M Miles ... and then on Mapleridge there was this gigantic explosion .. and smoke for days and when it cleared Eddie R and 30 of his children had moved into OD nice two story home .... I thought that it was a SJS church miracle ( Oh here comes 7 with one of his idiotic attacks - Shut the fuck up 7) because of the number of immaculate children that were living in OD's house ... It is in the bible somewhere ....

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 952
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No need to be crass ES.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 963
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Come here, I'm going to scrape some soap across your teeth.

Shame on you, Pottymouth

(Message edited by zitro on July 09, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 1896
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7 Clown boy: How about being just "real" .... try to be kind to one person everyday .... It will help with your anger management program! I will try to help you Keep me posted....

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 954
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm not the one who chased Jjaba out, in every possible offensive way. That would be you, Mr. Let's All Relax and Be Nice to One Another.

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so, anyone out there who was on the swim team graduating in 75? would love to hear from ya.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1899
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: Chased my good friend J away.... you really are out to lunch again .... GB: OD :Jjaba and myself are going fishing .....and he is looking forward to his first tour of the real eastside.....conducted by his college friend GB .... Once again 7 you missed it! Wow! How is your anger management class ... I hope you went again today. Let me know if I can help!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 972
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 8:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: That gigantic explosion was GB's fault. He asked if he could leave a box at my house because it was too heavy to carry all the way to Fordham on his tryke. How was I to know it contained his 'business inventory' when I left it by the furnace?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1904
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 11:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: It still remains a catholic miracle to those of use who lived on Mapleridge... remember your family and my family were the only non catholics between Columbus and Morang. There was the explosion .... the three days of smoke - your disappearance an the appearance of the Rutherfords. It truly was religious and was written up in the Guardian Angels newsletter and maybe reported by 7 to the SJ parish leaders .... But GB is linked somehow to this revelation .... maybe HT was trying to assassinate him???? Ya Think?

Goblue

Post Number: 2202
Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: You STILL owe me for that inventory...let's see...that was $300 worth of fireworks...a $15 fuel surcharge for the drive to Toledo and back...interest of 34% a year for 55 years...let's see...I'll be willing to settle the account for a $ one million.three.

ES: Personally, I still think that OD was sent off to reform school by Art Diekoff for a wide variety of sins...some of which may or may not have been related to HT...he disappeared so fast that there is no other explanation. I was outside the office when AD was shaking his finger in OD's face and calling him a bum...it was hard to disagree.

Being the only non-Christians on Mapleridge I'm certain that you two spent a considerable amount of time trying to get in the habits at GA!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 980
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You may be onto something with your HT theory. I know GB and HT fought a lot about housework. GB thought he could do it all just like he did for SR, but HT wouldn’t let go.

GB: Chalk it up as a cost of doing business or claim it on your business insurance. I’ve talked to Judge Judy, and she says you don’t have a case.

Goblue

Post Number: 2211
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Could I interest you in a set of '60 spinner hubcaps...mint condition...rare and one of a kind? I'll contact JJ to see what her price might be.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 986
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Can you get me some bubble skirts too? That would make my Silverado stand out from the crowd.

Goblue

Post Number: 2214
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Your order has been received...we'll be back to you in 48 hours or you get free shipping.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1912
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Be careful! When OD disappeared in the Smoke Miracle of Mapleridge .... I also do remember Ed Casey and all his daughters standing by Dennis Elvidge's house .... the daughters were all calling out OD's name .... they left burning candles, flowers and a pair spinner hubcaps ..... another Mapleridge rumor is that all the Carey girls attended Alma College - any details on that one????

Goblue

Post Number: 2217
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Wow...Carey girls...Alma College...I think we've got an Almagate on our hands...OD needs to do some fast explaining.

After the DPD put my fireworks company out of business we had to diversify with the remaining capital...spinner hubcaps became one of our primary products...orders taken...product delivered...I never met the middle men...my salesman handled all of the details...I knew nuthing!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 997
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB, ES: I'm not sure if the Carey girls flocked to me because I was so great, or if it was to get away from you two. The sad thing is when SR asked me to take her away from GB I was too busy with all the others.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1916
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 1:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: did you see the Carey Girls at the Alma Homecoming? I think they live in the thumb area ... Caseville maybe? I know you used to have them crew on your 45' sail boat in the Port Huron to Mackinaw races for about 8 or 9 years right? ... Didn't you sell the boat to a friend of GB's who was in the wheel trim business?. With you dating SR and the Careys this could be a revealing chapter in the Eastside History volumes ....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1000
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 8:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: This year's Port Huron to Mackinaw race is actually starting just about the time I am writing this. Maybe the Carey girls are still crewing for someone. But I'm over an hour away by car so by the time I got there they'd be out to sea. Soon after GB's friend bought the boat the Feds confiscated it. GB borrowed it and sailed to Toledo to 'import business inventory'

Zitro

Post Number: 1019
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gentlemen (and I use the term loosely). I have a favor to ask of you. I'm appealing to any sense of decency that may remain in your tattered souls. I want to remind you that this forum does not operate in a bubble, it is for all to see. One of our friends from St. Jude just happens to be one of the Carey sisters. It just so happens that she is aware of your posts and is reading them. So, if it is possible, could you please quell your misogynistic, juvenile views. It would be greatly appreciated and respected. Oh and remember don't take it personal, relax and have a great day.

Goblue

Post Number: 2221
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lighten up dude...pull your jockeys out of the wedgie and learn to laugh at the world. I see that you took our advice and tried reading a dictionary...keep up the good work. Oh...and what year was it that you graduated from Denby?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2481
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 12:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB, it's not Z who's bothered by your flights of fancy about the 'Carey Girls'. I happen to be friends with one of the sisters and she emailed me to ask what was going on. She finds your comments weird. Now, if one of you is married to a Carey girl, and that's why you enjoy talking about them, fine, but maybe you should email your sister in law and let her know what's going on. Otherwise, you're kind of creeping out someone who doesn't know you. I don't think you'd love it if someone was talking about your sister on some website, no matter how innocuous you consider the comments.
And no, I didn't go to Denby, but my brother in law did, so I check in so see if anyone I know is on here.

Goblue

Post Number: 2224
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc...I understand...I'll get to the others...I don't even know who the Careys were/are but apparently ES and OD do.

To tell the truth...my sister is too weird to talk about...but that's another issue...your point is well taken.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2483
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB, Thanks. I appreciate your reasonableness

Zitro

Post Number: 1020
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: As I've posted pics before of my mothers Denby yearbook, you can see I had ties to the school. My parents wanted a better life for me and sent me to Notre Dame.

Thanks for your compliments on my vocabulary, I'm impressed that a Denby grad can comprehend it. Have a Super day.

No problem with the jockeys my friend it's a beautiful day here in Iowa and I'm freelancing it today,but thanks for your concern.

Zitro

Post Number: 1021
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I apologize for the elitist tone, it's to make a point