Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through July 25, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 726
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

maybe habarth. pronounce HAYbarth. Jim may have been in the choir, wouldn't be surprised...a musically inclined family

For the life of me don't know where the picnic location was located probably more out toward the Romeo area as JC suggested. It seemed like no man's land at the time.
7: Seemed much further than Dodge Park

7 Kid: You remember the Habarths don't you? right down your alley, literally (between Eastwood and Saratoga). Recall when Mr. Habarth expanded his gargage so as to be able to restore a model T Ford or was it a Model A?

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 230
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR....maybe 2nd house off Rex?...........I remember the guy building the boat behind Jarzombeks'...........and..... ..............I was in the 'hood yesterday...........my house is vacant..sigh....yours looks o.k.........I kept looking for a familiar face but...........everybody looks the same (if you know what I mean)..........the Relic is still in the church (I checked)............

Kellyroad

Post Number: 727
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KID: You're right, 2nd house east of Rex.
Your house will be a good catch..back room, redwood garage, shaded lot in front with a bay window.

Weren't the people behind the Jarzomeks' house the Packers. I recall a Gene (Eugene) Packer (north west corner of Saratoga/Rex) about our age during my Morang days and early Eastwood days. The kids went to Columbus not St. Jude

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1186
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 4:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No Tigs tonight :-( Counting on you 7 to keep the streak alive tomorrow. Talk to Nate before the game and tell him we expect better of him. Lay some good old fashioned Catholic guilt on him so he can perform. You can ask EB if you need any pointers on the guilt thing. :-)

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2630
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No game in Denver either. I'm glad of that. At least I shouldn't have any problem getting to the train station. It sits in the shadow of Invesco.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1043
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7&kk, why don't you just buy your old place? You could get it for a song in this market? We'll have thread meetings there.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1044
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z/J, don't forget my fresh Iowa sweet corn.

I'll pick it up from you in Almont, J.

Thank you both so much!

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 231
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7K.................ya know...........I'm thinking about it. whew..........I'd become WMIHAD........(I'll leave that to your deciphering).........KR I didn't mention Gene and I knew you would bring it up. you know he was 'public' and not Catholic......I think his mom was a little leary of us......hmmm........nice guy though........my dad always wondered about the boat being wider than the garage door....waiting for the flood I guess..............

7andkelly

Post Number: 1045
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 5:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Is Robertson Catholic? I'm pretty sure Leland is since his brother's a Priest. If I'm laying on the guilt, it's going to be on the old man for not delaying Robertson's start till Monday and pitching Verlander Friday instead. If this were the playoffs, and this may be the closest we get to one this year, we would not be starting Robertson at all during the series!

Zitro

Post Number: 1187
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As long as you're talking to the old man, tell him to bench Renteria and Sheffield for this series so we have a chance.

Zitro

Post Number: 1188
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fresh meat on the Denby thread, taking bets on how long it will take the Grumpier Old Men to run him off!!

Jcole

Post Number: 2633
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It won't be long. Poor guy, he doesn't know what he's done

Zitro

Post Number: 1189
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe we can save him before it's too late and he's damaged for life. It's out duty.

Jcole

Post Number: 2634
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

our

Zitro

Post Number: 1190
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wright

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 232
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I went over there to see what was going on...........who are we talking 'bout jC?

Zitro

Post Number: 1191
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 9:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Denbytar64 first post- I hope he has an affinity for farm animals, well not too much affinity.

Jcole

Post Number: 2635
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I said, poor guy. Hopefully, he'll catch on quick and high tail it out of there. We could invite him in over here, but I don't know if he was a St. Judian

7andkelly

Post Number: 1046
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: I'll add your requests to my list, but you know, he can be a bit stubborn.

Mooncricket
Username: Mooncricket

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR- the park that the St. Jude pic-nic was at was "King Animal Land", on Gratiot and approx 28 Mile Road. It's a paint ball place now.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 729
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 11:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mooncricket: Thank you. As I recall there were animals at the park. goats, sheep. It seems like you were there. Were you in 67 or any other SJ picnics?

Zitro

Post Number: 1192
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 2:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: I was noticing the cross structures of steel holding up the bells is starting to look a little like the under carriage at Tiger Stadium before it closed. Maybe when CFG has some free time she can get up there and scrape some of that rust off and repaint it so it lasts another 50-60 years and doesn't become like everything else in the city that has to be torn down due to neglect. CFG are you up to it? I'd be there to help you know I would but it is a fair distance to travel and all. But you would have my undying support.

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 234
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z.............I was there in person yesterday and was thinking the same..............hmmmmmm..... .....I've always wanted to get close to those things.......we'd make the news for sure.............

Zitro

Post Number: 1193
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You don't want to do that, they'd start calling you Quasimoto.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 731
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: You stole my line (re: Quasimoto)...great minds think alike I know,

CFG needs more responsibility in addition to the pantry. CFG just make sure you scrape the supports thoroughly and use an oil based primer and paint :-)

Zitro

Post Number: 1194
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is going to be soooo sorry she ever came back!! CMAO!

Kellyroad

Post Number: 732
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jonesy again

Zitro

Post Number: 1198
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yoo could have wrote the script. And why didn't he pinch hit Marcus for Renteria

Zitro

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 10:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pitiful, I've got to take a shower after that one.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 733
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JL must like pop flies. Better use the Lava