Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through July 28, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course you'd be passing up the Norman's coveralls so generously offered by EB...what to do...what to do.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1065
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm in such a better mood today after the Tigers' victory. I love when players like Miner try to prove me wrong by actually playing well.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1212
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It sure didn't help the old mans disposition much, he was kinda cranky in the post game. They must have upset his snack.

JC: I think they lived on Manning but in the middle of the block on the north side

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 743
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG: Tell me it's not true. Please tell me it's not true...The very one who chides us "slackers" does not want to break out the scrapers, steel wool, primer, and paint to keep those sacred St. Jude bells in good repair and aesthetically pleasing. What would happen if one of those bells broke off a rusted out support and crashed through the confessional room ceiling. Hopefully, the sacrament of reconciliation would not be going on at that time. .......Bless me father for sounding sacrilegious.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 744
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7 KID: It looks like if CFG isn't up to the task, it's up to you and me. Tell you what. You can shimmey up the copper down spout on the patio side of the tower wearing a tool belt and about 75 ft of rope and a pulley. Once up there, toss down one end of the rope and I'll attach supplies/paint and other necessities. I strongly suggest we work between 12:05 PM to 5:55 PM. Food and refreshments are on me. Let's give it the old Eastwood Avenue effort for St. Jude.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1066
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 4:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He sure was a bit defensive, that's for sure.

Zitro

Post Number: 1213
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 9:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gloria Steinam would be dismayed and Betty Friedan would be turning over in her grave to see the steps taken backwards from all of their efforts.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2661
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 10:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gloria and Betty can roll or turn or twist all they want. Women's lib was a crock. They want the privledges but not the responsibilities. Don't get me started on my rant.
I believe in equality, but there are some things men do better and some things women do better. Men can't 'equally' have babies and women aren't physically as strong as men, in the most part.
I'll stop now (puts soap box back under satin cushion)

Zitro

Post Number: 1214
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG: Once you get caught up we're expecting an innovative rap song out you for one of the nuns.

Zitro

Post Number: 1215
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Burn Baby Burn!

Jcole

Post Number: 2662
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't get the idea that I am the sweet 'little woman' type either. I want equality, but I'm sick of equality having to make someone else unequal. Men get the short end of the stick today, and I don't care what the conventional wisdom on that says. Middle class white men get blamed for everything that ever happened to everyone else in the world and lose their jobs and rights on a daily basis while society tries to make it up to the masses.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 745
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: Right on! The "Women's lib was a crock" rant truly shows a liberated woman....the irony!....Sr. Mary John, the "politically intuitive" teacher would agree

BTW, men are genetically coded to need the remote control and have a natural aversion for asking directions.....That's just the way it is

Jcole

Post Number: 2663
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 11:23 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR, as a woman, I can say that we just wait for you men to doze off in front of the TV and then we steal the remote, which we know how to progam better anyway.
As to directions, just get a GPS. You'll be fine

Zitro

Post Number: 1216
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 11:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea and don't ask us questions you don't want a truthful answer to.

Jcole

Post Number: 2665
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why, do I look fat in this outfit??

Zitro

Post Number: 1217
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CMAO!

Jcole

Post Number: 2666
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 11:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you. I'll be here all week. Please tip your waitress.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 326
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's good to have everyone home. Looks like CFG is bogged down in catch-up at work. Hope she keeps her priorities straight, though. The Norman's offer still stands.

Zitro

Post Number: 1218
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can look up the paint number online.

Jcole

Post Number: 2669
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll be at the bottom shouting encouragement

Zitro

Post Number: 1219
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

See!! We're all in this together.

Eastburn

Post Number: 327
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd be up there with CFG but I'm so afraid of heights I get scared when I stand on my tip toes.

Zitro

Post Number: 1220
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: I noticed your pizza comment on another thread. All: Try this place out sometime when you're in the area. It used to be my fav.

Carlo's Pizza
37237 S Groesbeck Hwy
Clinton Twp, MI 48036
(586) 469-7666ý

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 303
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's no fair you're all having fun while I'm 200 e-mails behind and the phones keep ringing, and the questions keep coming, and the pressure keeps rising and the vacation calmness, slowly ebbs away.
I'm still up for paint detail and some Norman's shopping.

Jcole

Post Number: 2671
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, You should have seen me going up the Flat Irons in Boulder. I thought I had gotten over most of my mountain fears a while ago. That is, until my son in law took me to the Sunrise ampitheater on top of Mt. Flagstaff on Thursday evening. The ride up is beautiful, if you like looking straight down at the city below, with no guard rails and very little road shoulder. I kept edging over on the seat, which wouldn't be bad if the guy isn't your son in law. Once I was at the amphitheater, I was okay until the trip back down. It feels like you're going to drive right off into the University of Colorado campus.

Zitro

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're doing pretty good if you still have any vacation calmness left. I usually lose mine when I first open my inbox.

Eastburn

Post Number: 328
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AttaGirl!

I knew you wouldn't let us down.

When you finish up all that unimportant work stuff, we're expecting a full report of your vacation.

Jcole

Post Number: 2673
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, where did you go up north. I know you mentioned it, but I don't remember where you said.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 304
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cousin's cottage on 8 pt lake. Closest cities..Clare/Mt. Pleasant

Zitro

Post Number: 1222
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Catch any fish?