Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through July 31, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1103
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ole fountain eyes is going to need some sponges tonight.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1104
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Make Kyle the new closer. Either you strike out against him, or he beats the crap out of you.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1105
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 6:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pudge jerseys...half off.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice play, EB

7andkelly

Post Number: 1107
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 6:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On the bright side, Filipuly, Filipula signed with the Wings!

7andkelly

Post Number: 1108
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr. Hyde is on the mound again tonight.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 764
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

laing: roll 13 cents, donut 7 cents, milk (white or chocolate) 5 cents....all that for a quarter....no wonder first fridays were special.
BTW, during my era it was a 3 hours fast

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1290
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice line tonight Nate. Thanks for showing up
Pitcher IP PC H ER BB K
Robertson 3.0 67 9 8 2 2

Zitro

Post Number: 1291
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

5 more solo jobs and we'll be back init

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2724
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think when I started school, the wait was from midnight, and by the time I made 1st communion, it was 3 hours, and VaticanII made it a one hour wait. Also, wasn't there something about little kids only being an hour because it was not healthy for them to wait 3 hours?

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 314
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 8:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think we still had the "from midnight" rule for 1st communion, then the 3 hours - then one hour. I sincerely doubt that most Catholics even abide by the 1 hour rule any more.

Jcole

Post Number: 2725
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did we go to mass every morning or was it just on each Friday the first few years and then just First Friday when we were older?

7andkelly

Post Number: 1109
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How can you not abide by the one hour rule? Communion's usually 45 minutes into the Mass. You'd have to purposely eat bagels in the car on the way to Church to miss this one.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 765
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: Are donuts, muffins or coffee ok?

Jcole

Post Number: 2731
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7, I want you to know that I just ate 4 ears of Michigan sweet corn, and it was goooood.
It was local corn purchased at Sheena's Market in Romeo.
I am comfortably numb

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 349
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CABRERRA!

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 315
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hopefully, you'll leave some of that corn for the Warren folks coming up at Peach festival time!

as far as the one hour rule - you're right - munching on the way in would probably be the only way to bypass that rule effectively

I think we used to go to Mass every morning, then only on Fridays and Holydays. It's that whole after Vatican II deal, that changed the start of a Catholic school day with a morning Mass. I wonder if the kids that go to a Catholic School go to any morning Masses? Anyone know?

Eastburn

Post Number: 350
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All my grandkids go to Catholic Schools (Holy Family, Rochester & Queen of Martyrs, Beverly Hills). They have Mass occasionally but not every day.

Jcole

Post Number: 2733
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just posted some of my vacation photos on my Facebook site. There are a couple places I think a lot of you will enjoy. St. Catherine on the Rock and the St. Malo retreat center, as well as the Sunrise Amphitheater where they have sunrise services in Boulder are among the pics.
Here's a link Colorado vacation photos

Jcole

Post Number: 2734
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's a link to Z's very damp homeland Iowa/Illinois flood

Eastburn

Post Number: 352
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice pix, TS.

Hey, ND guys. Did you have a senior retreat at St. Paul of the Cross?

Jcole

Post Number: 2735
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And a few shots of the Old Stadium going down.

Jcole

Post Number: 2741
Posted on Wednesday, July 30, 2008 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do any of you ND guys remember anyone name Pat Leahy? Graduated around 1969?

Kellyroad

Post Number: 766
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 2:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: thanks for all the pics, esp the ball park

Z: Always thought the AV job was cool...often wondered what were the qualifications to handle all that cool equipment.

Trivia: Where did SJS keep the AV equipment? Wasn't right off the Madelleine entrance by the supply store or was it in the library?

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 316
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm guessing Library, KR - but it's only a guess. I remember working the projector with the film that came in the 35mm film container. The record would "ping" when you had to change to the next slide. It was a big deal to be in charge of the "clicker". I only qualifications needed for that was an index finger and paying enough attention to the boring presentation to hear the ping!

Zitro

Post Number: 1294
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 8:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I though the qualifications were whomever displayed the most honor pins on their chest.

EB: Don't remember a retreat at ND, not saying there wasn't one.

All: Sorry, I'm not much help with all the frequency questions, but it's mainly due to the fact with singing in the choir and cantoring masses it might not be a stretch to say I may have attended more masses than some of the priests over the course of a week. It wasn't unusual to cantor and early Sunday morning mass, sing with the choir @ 10:30 and have to cantor another at noon.

Talk about it all blurring together. I have no chance to try and figure out what the "normal" schedule was.

Zitro

Post Number: 1295
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 8:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the game over yet? I couldn't hang. The bullpen should have great shapes for this afternoons game.

Zitro

Post Number: 1296
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Twisted Sister of mine: Does that address match up where you thought the Ritz was or no?

Zitro

Post Number: 1298
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice pics TS did you hop the fence at The Stadium (sniff, sniff) and get me a couple of bricks?

Jcole

Post Number: 2745
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 9:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ZZ Top, I never knew where it was, but Google says that's Shorecrest Lanes now, so I'm guessing it's what I was asking for.