Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through August 02, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1148
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Average?! I thought I looked rather spiffy in my Robert Hall shirt, Hudson's Budget Store pants and my clip on from Tie Rack. You girls had it good getting all dolled up everyday.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1149
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YES! I win again. Next question please.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2916
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CfG, I'll take your word for it. Maybe it's because they're cleaned and polished

7andkelly

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll try St. Jude nostalgia for $600 Alex.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1394
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW: I learned to tie a Windsor knot when I was in 2nd grade. A clip on never graced my shirts. Although I must admit I was guilty of wearing those cowboy like ties for a short time. They had 2 string hanging down with some little clasp you would draw up to your neck.

Jcole

Post Number: 2917
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Them was some fine ties, pardner. I don't remember you in a cowboy hat, though. Just a sideways baseball cap

Zitro

Post Number: 1396
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I chalk it up to being a victim of peer pressure.

Zitro

Post Number: 1397
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice first inning by Rogers, 2 walks and a HBP but wiggles out of it.

Zitro

Post Number: 1399
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG: Were still waiting for your rap song on the nuns. TS and I did our part.

Wellll, were waiting.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 367
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 7:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z, I think even you could handle puke squad. It's a science. First one guy heads in with the flit gun heavily spraying disinfectant - odor doesn't have a chance. The other guy pitches this magic sawdust (that Frank supplied) with a scoop from halfway across the room. It absorbed everything. Then a quick sweep up & you're free to horse around out of class for 45 minutes or so.

Enjoy your dinner, everyone.

Jcole

Post Number: 2920
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, I just had sweet corn. Thanks a bunch

Zitro

Post Number: 1400
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 7:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm trained to operate off of work instructions, please type it up and make sure it will pass an ISO auditor.

Zitro

Post Number: 1401
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The bullpen should get a good workout tonight. The Gambler isn't long for this game. I heard Leo Malzone doing a game on FOX, I'm sure he would like the challenge of trying to teach our pitchers how to throw strikes.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 331
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll take the "U" and the demerit for missing the class assignment on rap songs - I'm hopelessly inept, but will offer a spiritual bouquet for your "good" intentions

Zitro

Post Number: 1402
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How much for the sweet corn TS? Their asking $6.00 dz here almost double from last year. Damn ethanol.

Jcole

Post Number: 2921
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

4.50 a dozen. Damn ethanol is right

Eastburn

Post Number: 368
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 7:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yea, all that corn's the answer. my neighbor told me he just filled his SUV with E85 for the 1st time. His milage dropped from 22 to 16MPG.

Eastburn

Post Number: 369
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Z. Ewan McGregor's "Long Way Down" starts at 9:00 on Fox Reality tonight.

I'm a sucker for stories about long motorcycle rides.

Zitro

Post Number: 1403
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a cop out CFG. You'll also lose 4 of your honor pins too for being chicken

Zitro

Post Number: 1404
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB: If the Tigs don't perk up I may catch some of it. Thanks

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 243
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Slosw down gang!.you know what I had for dinner?......2 lbs. (on sale) of Sweet Cherryies (sp?.who cares they were good!)...anyway, one of the advantages of being single.........EAT WHAT YOU WANT!)........The original stations of the Cross were made of wood and moved to the basedment to accomodate the high tech, circa 1963 bronzy ones with the speakers!.tell me I'm wrong!...all for now

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 244
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excuse the sp's.............I'm geeked!

Jcole

Post Number: 2923
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Before I forget, I spoke to Ruth today, and she is doing much better. She wanted me to tell you all thank you for the prayers, thoughts and spiritual bouquets. They helped her a lot.

Zitro

Post Number: 1405
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7 with the extra k, You get a U in spelling, but if you go back and edit your post, we'll give you extra credit so you can pull your mark up to a C.

Zitro

Post Number: 1406
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It will be long drive back to Toledo from Tampa Freddie

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 245
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm............like I said, I was in a hurry............I'll have you know I WAS the u.p. spelling champ from 2003 until 2006!...and what's what the Toledo, Tampa Freddie thing?...........

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 246
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AND..........I've noticied that we are #3 behind the (soon to be former) Mayor and Yuch sports....is that cool or what!..............

Zitro

Post Number: 1407
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a reference to the Tiger game in progress 7specialk

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 247
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Z............"Tiger game in progess" doesn't compute with with St. Jude memories........

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 782
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7KID: Noticed I didn't get an invite for the black top confrontation. What's the matter..you don't think my throwing arm has the same zing. You've got to remember how good my aim was with both rocks and snowballs..45 yrs later still as good. Those Fordham kids will know better than to fool with Eastwoodians. BTW, Diane is from the Green Section (not Blue..Blue was east of Kelly, Green is west of Hayes) anyway,

All: There will be new catagories that will be fair for everyone...just don't ring in too fast if you're not sure of the answer. Diane, you may want to brush up on your St. Jude/Detroit Jeopardy.