Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through August 03, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1408
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: Answer-Who are three people who have never been in my kitchen?

Did I answer too fast?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2924
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rimshot

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 248
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks KR....................Dreaded Green section is correct.I realized after the button push but I'll accept your correction.......

Jcole

Post Number: 2925
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't forget to say 'What is...'

Zitro

Post Number: 1409
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The rules are to answer in the form of a question.

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 249
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More of us are paying attention to this blog than we ever did back in the day!.........

Jcole

Post Number: 2927
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Such as in 'KR, what is the Green Section?'

Zitro

Post Number: 1410
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I answered in the form of a question.

Zitro

Post Number: 1411
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It will have to go to the judges

Jcole

Post Number: 2928
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know you did, I was talking to 7KK
Geez, Z

7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 250
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J........yep

Zitro

Post Number: 1412
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry sis my bad

Jcole

Post Number: 2930
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'Sokay, bro. I understand.

Zitro

Post Number: 1413
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm trying like hell to some some credit here. Apparently KR is going to make me work for everything I get. Just like the nuns, high praise is hard to come by with this guy.

Jcole

Post Number: 2931
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I think that you are doing a fine job, but my praise is not as difficult to garner.

Zitro

Post Number: 1414
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All I want is to be the AV guy and raise the flag just once and I'll be happy

Jcole

Post Number: 2932
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C'mon, KR, let ZZ Top wheel the projector in just once. And, Z, you can have my turn at flag raising; just let me clap the erasers on the courtyard wall instead

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1151
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"What is brain power, Alex"?..."stupid Judy".

Zitro

Post Number: 1415
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well since the school is closed anyway go for it. We'd have to have 7 video it for posterity purposes. It's kind of like running with scissors.

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 88
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

diane, glad you have found us. i graduated in 71 and went on to denby then wayne state. lived in the blue section - and tell ya what, the blue section ruled, all of you dogs drolled. found a wireless connection in destin. weather is great down here - funny thing, seeing our boys in the ocean, 21 and 19, they do the same things they did when they were 12. memories to last a lifetime.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1152
Posted on Saturday, August 02, 2008 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Take lots of pictures Laing!

Enjoy the rest of your time off.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 783
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: The safety patrol boys and scouts are given preference of raising the flag. If Z is so deserved, after competing effectively in SJ Jeopardy, he may be allowed the priviledge of chammying the black boards clean. Besides, 7 may need an assistant in his AV duties in the future.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1153
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 12:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In case that was too obscure, those quotes are from Ellen in the Energy exhibit at EPCOT.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1154
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR, the clapping, flag raising, and AV duties have all been worked out in a deal while you were gone...patience is not our strong suit!
Now can you please give Z some sliver of the credit and appreciation he has been lacking for all these years? Some kudos! That's all he's asking...that, and some TS bricks, the picture in Rm 100, some TS chairs...but mainly, just the kudos would be nice....A certificate of appreciation would be even better.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 784
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: Asking kudos and recognition for Z is like asking for press coverage for Obama. He was featured on the cover St. Jude Calendar in 1965 as one of the youngest and most talented choir members. He was one of the youngest and most daring adventurers in the city of Detroit at the age of 8 and now recognized as one of Iowa's best. ....OK, OK the picture in room 100 is forthcoming (a picture of a picture) 7, you can deliver the bricks and CFG the chairs.. Good job Z, keep up the good work. Remember to say your prayers.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 785
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 2:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing: I respect your provincial pride for the blue section (good for you) but the Cherry section in the "triangle" (7MI, Morang, Kelly) was known in the Rosary Altar Society as the "silk stocking section" (true story). BTW, the Cherry section actually had the parish grounds and Heilmann in its boundaries. Seriously, it is interesting to remember how large the parish was that it had to be divided into 3 sections when it came to church/school organizations. The green section seemed like it in another country, especially north of 7 Mi and east of Queen.

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 3:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, ok. So I was in the green section then. Well, the grass is always greener as they say. My dad did keep a pristine lawn. You'll have to tell me all about this SJ Jeopardy. I have read the posts and am frankly stumped as a cut tree. And Zitro, you sound very familiar. I knew a guy when I was at SJ who wore Bolo Ties. I also have another memory of Friday Film Days in 8th grade. We watched Soylent Green and Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? Nice flix to show kiddies. I remember someone made green cookies and brought them the next Monday after Soylent Green. Baby Jane was just plain warped. I did root for Bette Davis.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 786
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 10:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diane: No knock on the Green sec....As a young one it just seemed so far away...I actually remember the first time I was allowed to go as far as the green section. I was in 3rd grade and was given special permission to cross that "busy Hayes street" to visit a classmate who happened to live on the same street I did (Eastwood) and coincidentally the side of his house was right on Hayes. The next year I had a classmate who lived on Lappin near Monarch....man the world was an adventure. Unlike JCole who would venture out to the Franklin library at a young age or Zitro who traveled to St. Anne Church in southwest Detroit at the age of 8, my reins were kept pretty tight so traveling to the "green section" seemed like a George Pierot World Adventure series. BTW, if you have the time you have the time you could go back and read some of the archived personal stories in this thread (or read War and Peace), .....many adventurous, humorous stories and anecdotes.

As far as SJ Jeopardy goes from time to time a photo or question will be posed regarding St. Jude/Detroit, the first one to guess the correct answer gets an imaginary prize. The last question regarding the hat expander resulted in a controversial win and some hurt feelings. It seemed the prize of being the audio/visual cart boy was really coveted by Zitro and a little frustration and jealously started to show...Things have been worked out though...we can all carry on.

Zitro

Post Number: 1417
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 10:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was that that so hard KR? It's nice to be recipient of effective begging and whining for a change. I'm always to one who has to wade through the requests and try to determine whether to be the bad guy or not. The joys of being a parent.

Jcole

Post Number: 2934
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z, give credit where credit is due. 7 and I helped whine you into a victory.
Pleaaaase, please, aw c'mon, pleeeease???