Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Denby High school » Denby HS Archive of Archives » Archive through July 19, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1004
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC, Zitro: Point taken. However you may pass it on to your friend that ES and I both considered all the sisters to be very attractive.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1022
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks OD I will make sure she gets the message. Thanks for understanding.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1917
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jc Z: The carey foxes will only be mentioned when OD talks in his sleep from now on..... They were the Parkgrove beauties and we will leave it at that .... you can tell them that the Mapleridge mob did find them attractive ..... as we did Renee M who actually lived across the street from OD......

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1009
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I think Renee M only lived in your dreams.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2230
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 6:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: ES has verbalized lots of fantasies...I think RM was one...SHY may have been...HT is definitely one of his favorites.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1920
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FBHead: Renee M. actually lived right across the street from the Rutherfords ..... she had an older brother named Harry .... and "One" is only 19 days away from gaining valuable info about the lost treasures of the Eastside from the CSI group! E mail me the cell numbers boys so that I can call with the details......on 8/1....

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 2488
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD, ES et al Thank you.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1922
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J: You are welcome!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1017
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 8:22 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: You're welcome.

ES: Cell phone numbers?? Jackson allows you to have a phone in your cell now? I thought all you guys had to share the pay phone down the hall.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1924
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I will need to do that when I call Central AZ State Pen. and talk to Father BananaHead to give him the update... I have that number but will need yours if you want an update....

Goblue

Post Number: 2235
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I understood that ES preferred the phone that was located in the shower room...he kept dropping the phone...that's what our beloved Coach Rice told all of us at Denby.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1024
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Jerry (the locker room attendant) always used to kick us out of the showers as soon as the water started getting warm, but I remember ES used to linger behind as long as he could.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1928
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To You Psycho Tars: We were always warned about you Greek Guys from the '59 class .... I remember both Tom and Jerry speaking to Gb - I thought it was about golf but it was Greek - They were telling him to bend over and pretend he was taking his golf ball out of the cup ... maybe GB can expand upon those activities .... He did achieve the "Wholesome" merit badge but he had to work with both T and J in the locker room to get it - as they used to say

Goblue

Post Number: 2238
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: The way Jerry told it to us...and our beloved Coach Rice...ES had the job of picking up the soap that had been dropped...he said that ES "loved it"...and would actually bring his own soap to drop...and pick up.

I nominate ES for soap dropper of the decade...maybe even for the hall of shame.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1030
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Jerry didn't like it when we crushed the soap on the floor with our feet. I guess he was just trying to make the pick-up job easier for ES. Seems the shower is the only place he had any pick-up skills.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1932
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wmu Transcript: GB - Father Bananahead 1.7 as stated before with 65.375 units for Greek Golf and Activities. ..... Were tom and Jerry GB guidance counselors at DHS ..... and encouraged him to attend wmu for various reasons .... I know that the Alma App. was filled out - but never mailed .... and his propensity to take bars of soap and taper them was learned in only one place and by Art Diekuf ... GB to this day still uses Lava .... which who taught VSE 59 the bent over Whammo shot ... It must have been Father Bananahead ..... and the helmet was made out of Greek goat skin by the 706 Scout Master at St James......

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1041
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB saved an application fee by not mailing his Alma app. He never would have been admitted as Alma only considers students of good character.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1936
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: So Tom and Jerry were the best counselors for GB that money could buy .... but this tapering of soap thing was a little to crude for us younger impressionable guys .... maybe it help him later with resume writing or such.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1047
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: He needed more than soap to clean up his act.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1940
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: To wash away gun powder - To help in the cleaning of SR's home when he did chores - To assist his mother when she would rinse out his mouth - To carve various doll like figures that he would stick pins in - To use on car windows in the fall Just to name a few.....Oh..... to clean up after a long night at Ballduck.... so Detroit had Soupy Sales and Soapy Sales who was actually GB in drag... amazing!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1061
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Sounds like a job for Lifebouy. If it's good enough for Ralphie it's good enough for GB.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1951
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: GB was the one that Bill Cooper made stick his tongue on the metal part of his sled one day at Heilmann........ You know the rest! and then to have his mom do the lifebouy thing next .... and then to go to school the next day and sit UNdER Ms. Fruend's desk for most of science class..... He was never the same after that ... poor fellow who found some solitude in wearing that extra small leather helmet....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1089
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I thought he started wearing the helmet to protect his head when EF closed her drawer on it.

Goblue

Post Number: 2241
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Both: That ain't the way our beloved Coach Rice...and Athletic Director Reaume told it to us...they reported that they had almost withdraw ES's varsity letter because he wouldn't stay out of the shower room...an' thas the truth by gawd.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: As I recall Denby varsity letters were a big block D. All ES ever got was a little lower case d.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1955
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: That TOTAL dork Reaume was upset because I would wear my letter sweater in the shower .... and the Large D did shrink to the lower case letter .... I was young ... impressionable ... i was in 309 ... I didn't have the needed guidance from you both ... I was brain washed by that stick brain Harold Hammond .... I am lucky that I got out of the eastside alive .... You two could have helped me ... what did I ever do to you two ..... Please forgive all of my sins.... and I will obey all of your commands ....

JUST KIDDING!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1099
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 7:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Look at the style of the last post. If it didn't say Eastside61 in the left hand frame, I could have sworn Jjaba wrote it. More proof that ES and Jjaba are the same guy.

Goblue

Post Number: 2245
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Oh me, oh my...aren't we touchy about the letter sweater incident...methinks thou dost protest too loudly! And...defaming fine Denby educators like Coach Rice, Coach Reaume, Counselor Hammond...tsk, tsk, tsk!

OD: Well...if ES ain't Jjaba...he sure as hell has to be Catholic...all of that guilt had to come from somewhere...I'd suggest that he do some self-flaggelation...but, I'm afraid that he'd get the terms confused and end up going blind.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1962
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/GB: I am collecting money to help off-set my vision plan needs.... seems that I took your guidance during the formative years and have nearly lost my sight if not my way in the world.... I did find relief from this older guy - CTech grad, WMU grad and dexter bus driver - I for years thought that he was a priest at St. Ambrose Church - Father J was his name ... could I be wrong??? He told me I would be able to see the "LIGHT" if I only would look west ... I am not sure what that meant ...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1108
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: See the light if you look west??? I’m afraid you’re heading for the dark side my brother.