Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through August 07, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 50
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I came from the bubblegum on the nose era and Sr. Pat had a paddle.

I was a brownie in 70/71 and we all went to see the Bozo TV show.

I still think the pic is of an old floor polisher.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 368
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any word on the "mystery" photo answer?

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1519
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR won't answer if you act anxious. Just play coy and pretend you don't care and he'll come around.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3112
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like a brake shoe

Zitro

Post Number: 1520
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's it, a brake shoe from Fr. Ording's 1965 Cadillac. Left front side

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 369
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wasn't stuttering, though that's been known to happen..it was an inadvertent double send. Though, I AM curious - he's made us wait ALL day!

Jcole

Post Number: 3114
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's just mean that way

Zitro

Post Number: 1521
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If good old fashion Catholic guilt can't bring him out of hiding, nothing will.

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 257
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KRs' alley stones are buried...................right next to where the #$^&'s used to be before the great Eastwood (n&s) alleies were closed!

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 828
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

answer revealed tomorrow: Are all answers final?. If not you may change your answer but that answer will replace your first response even if you were the first correct respondent.

Hints:
-CFG even now, may exclaim "Oh Wow"
-JC most certainly knew that there were more than two
-Diane, Laing, and EB from afar, could not put this in a jar
-Z would follow it with a song, He could be right, He could be wrong.
-7 might have got it but he's away, He'll have to guess before Thursday.
-7 Kid should know can't you see, He would stand there full of glee.

7_and_kelly_kid
Username: 7_and_kelly_kid

Post Number: 258
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 11:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, based on that clue.........THE BELL!....DJV

Jcole

Post Number: 3127
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 11:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The inside of the Bell Tower

Diane12163

Post Number: 51
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 1:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I'm changing mine to the bell, too. That is my final answer.

Hey, those of us that are also right should get a couple Buscemi's pizza slices and some Faygo sodas.

Jcole

Post Number: 3132
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're waiting

Kellyroad

Post Number: 829
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Camp Fire Girl was the first correct respondent. CFG, report to the office, Sr. Patricia Marie has a few announcement for you to read.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 370
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In good conscience, I have to abdicate my honor roll pin and give the 1st place prize to the next contestant. I have looked at those bells often - and had a distinct advantage. Though I still want to make the announcement over the PA System!!

Jcole

Post Number: 3133
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, you go ahead and make the announcement. You deserve it

Zitro

Post Number: 1523
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can see the work ahead of you on the bracing for the bells CFG. My recommendation is to rent a sandblaster to get off the rust, as hand sanding would be corporal punishment.

Thanks for the trivia question KR. Also a big thanks for stringing everyone along, I'm sure you took great delight in this.

A big shoutout to his Hizzoner that big fat POS who runs the city for bringing Detroit to the national headlines in shame once again, it really wants to make me stand up and be proud of my once beautiful city. Thanks for all you do!

Jcole

Post Number: 3134
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm with you, ZZ, all the way. One more nail in the coffin.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 830
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ring one out for Hizzoner and his Mom. The media circus makes the local news highly entertaining.

CFG: No abdicating! You studied. You observed, You did your homework. You raised your hand first and answered correctly. Be proud.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 373
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You guys crack me up! This has been a heckova workday so far, and you sure are brightening it! I did raise my hand first and proudly accept the trip to the principal's office. Isn't there a cupcake with a nickle in it, somewhere for the prizewinner? I'm thinking there's still one in the gym kitchen somewhere!
.....and oh yeah, once again we make the National News for the usual "Big D" reason!

Diane12163

Post Number: 54
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 12:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah. Mayor Kingpin ought to step down.

Congrats on the win CFG!

Zitro

Post Number: 1524
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 12:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats CFG. You deserve it. At least that brown noser 7 didn't win this time.

See, if you go away you're ripe for the pickens'

Jcole

Post Number: 3138
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe KK should go away, then....

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 374
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, thank you - and thanks KR for the challenge.
It would appear that I DO have my work cut out for me if I have to shinnie up that bell tower and start sandblasting those cross beams --then there's the repainting - and my fear of heights.....

Jcole

Post Number: 3139
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe CFG-Sis will be healed and able to help out?

Kellyroad

Post Number: 831
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another Mystery Photo

Same rules:
1. first correct response wins
2. more than one answer is allowed, the last answer is however your final and official answer to be used.

Hints might be given even if the corrected answer is stated.

The answer will be posted on Sunday.

Prize: Your choice of a religious pamphlet or booklet from the vestibule in the church.

PS: Does anyone remember reading/browsing through or perhaps still have any of those religious pamphlets or booklets displayed on the vestibule wall near the stairway? There was a "donation" box built right in the display.
I remember a "Teen Talk" booklet by Fr. Andrew Greely.

(Message edited by kellyroad on August 07, 2008)

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 375
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure, she will - sitting in the courtyard - pointing up to the places that I missed! ;-)

Jcole

Post Number: 3140
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like the old organ pipes

Kellyroad

Post Number: 832
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG: You may want to work on the bell tower between 12:01 PM to 5:55PM, or early in the AM up to 11:55AM Or wear really, really, good ear plugs