Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through August 08, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1539
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 9:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hells Bells

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 381
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 10:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like it tolls for me!
Channel 7 Action NEWS Reporting....

Zitro

Post Number: 1540
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 10:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think all of Detroit News Teams are centered on King Kwame and his traveling circus right now though.

I slept very well last night, Howz bout you Homes'?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3177
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope I sleep as well tonight

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 67
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can ring my be....e...ell
Ring my bell
(Ring my bell, ring a ling a ling)

I won't protest should you get the Hunchback of Notre Dame to do the bell.

Is there a coming forth of the solution to the last pic? And since it's the Olympics season, can we award the first one right a Gold medal, the second a silver medal and the third a bronze medal?

Zitro

Post Number: 1542
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like that idea Diane, since KR picks of prizes are getting on the weak side. Although, he did mention he would be with holding the answer till Sunday. Next time I have a trivia question I'm going to make everyone wait a month until I reveal the answer.

Speaking of the Olympics keep any eye on the Iowa gals Shawn Johnson (gymnastics) & LoLo Jones (track). The state is geeked over their chances at the Gold.

Diane12163

Post Number: 69
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Speaking of Kelly Road, not the guy but the street; I lived there for awhile in the house just next to the car wash. I think the address was 27444 but, I could be wrong. It was the first house facing Kelly next to the car wash. I had a view of St. Jude from the front door. There was a bank right across the street.

Zitro

Post Number: 1543
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colonial Federal Savings

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 91
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colonial Federal Savings - remember it well. I opened a savings account there when I got my first job in high school, and they had china place settings for sale real cheap when you made a certain level of deposit. Had the whole set for at least 15 years. Good stuff.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 385
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Annie -

EB, from the wilds of Higgins Lake. They've got wifi @ the camp store. Who'd a thunk it?

Spending the next couple of days with my fellow sombrero bandit in Harrison. At least I'll be free of police harassment.

Zitro

Post Number: 1544
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee laing, I was spending my money on bowling and concerts when I was a teenager. None of the guys I hung around with were into china, but to each their own I guess.

12468_laing

Post Number: 92
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z, won't even take that any further. so with what Kilpatrick got himself into now, how soon before he is history?

Zitro

Post Number: 1545
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 2:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As long as he can milk it out at the taxpayers expense.

Jcole

Post Number: 3178
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As long as the taxpayers are idiots. I was reading some of the comments on clickondetroit.com's soundoff section. Oh, my gosh. Take a look if you get a chance.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 835
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 3:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diane: I've faced directly in front of your house
on Kelly a million times it seems while making a left hand turn on to Kelly from Eastwood. The bank has seen better days hasn't it? You always knew what the time and temperature was with that view. Saved my paper route money in that bank along with the SJ credit union

(Message edited by kellyroad on August 08, 2008)

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 836
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mystery Photo

Hint #1
Sorry Laing, Frank's office is closed.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 382
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 4:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR - That was my first bank too - We'd always go there to get travelers checks - no one had credit cards - when we travelled. I had a savings there and at the St. Jude Credit Union. (Christian Financial)

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1156
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm back.

Way to behave all, like I said.

Took me an hour and a half to sift through your goings on since I left. Gabby bunch, that's for sure!

"Brown nose", huh? WELL! When's your next out of state bowling tournament, Z?

I have/had my own DREAD card, and I definitely remember the two story bar with the slide on 9 Mile just down the street from my incinerator operator job at McD's. Got into a bit of a tussle with some wanna-be thug there once.

Oh, and I'm guessing KR's latest quiz picture is a sideway's stack of metal folding chairs. I would have guessed sling shot launcher for the last one.

Laing, I remember getting a couple of too cool (I wish I still had them) metal coin banks with keys from CFS. You?

Zitro

Post Number: 1547
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome back 7, there's no way you can go away for a few days and not have us talk about you while you're gone, so suck it up and move on.

Speaking of coin banks, did anyone else ever have a "Thing" coin bank?

Zitro

Post Number: 1548
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So 7 can you tell us where you went on your trip or we're you on a secret mission with the CIA? Maybe that's why you remain anonymous?

12468_laing

Post Number: 93
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

welcome back 7. don't remember those banks. now, this isn't really the forum, but first kilpatrick is in trouble, then john edwards fesses up about his affair. two careers down the crapper.

Diane12163

Post Number: 70
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 5:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, 7's back. yippee...and just when the party was getting good. LOL

I had an account at The Catholic Credit Union myself.

I lived on Kelly Road from approximately 92-94, maybe into 95.

Hmmmmm.....sideways folding chairs. Could be but, I'll hold onto my curtains. :-)

7andkelly

Post Number: 1157
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"this isn't really the forum"? Where have you been since you got here, Laing...geez! Those Jack Daniels slushies and the bad hockey at the Preds games takin' their toll?

Z, no, 7 is not short for 007. We were just out having some KOA fun, and yes, film at 11...one of these days.

J, you are the perceptive one around here...we actually thought about filming another church.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1158
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, I'm back...Houston, we have a problem.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1159
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No "thing" bank, but I did have a "Dino" bank from Sinclair Gas on Kelly Rd. They used to give out Dino soap too...but "this isn't really the forum"...

Zitro

Post Number: 1550
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, we must stay on topic or face the wrath of KR

Zitro

Post Number: 1551
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forgive me all for posting on the ES thread but it was a humanitarian cause

Jcole

Post Number: 3179
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 10:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is that the wrath of KR or the wrath of Khan??

Jcole

Post Number: 3180
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7, I'm glad you got back OK. We missed you. What church were you going to film?

7andkelly

Post Number: 1160
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At least you spelt good.