Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through August 09, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 10:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

St. Stephen's.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1162
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oops! My bad Laing. I read your response too fast...thought you meant the metal bank question was not really this forum...part of it was your grammar / punctuation though: "don't remember those banks. now, this isn't really the forum".

Anyways, I'm patenting the Jack Daniels Slushy idea.

...kind of reminds me of the Firecracker from Uncle Sams the ladies used to drink.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3181
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What city?

7andkelly

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Uncle Sam's was on the northbound side of Telegraph near I96 / 5 Mile Rd somewhere. It was one of those western suburbs, I think.

Jcole

Post Number: 3183
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I meant what city St. Stephen's. Settle down, 7, we know you've got a lot to tell, but we'll wait.

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 73
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What seems to be the problem 7? I was just joking. :-) :-) :-)

Myself: Jagermeister, Rumpleminz, Root Beer Schnapps, MD 20/20 and Mohawk Blackberry Brandy.

Oh, Hey! You remember having lemonade stands growing up? How's about a slushy stand? With some very unique flavours of course! :-)HAPPY HOUR!:-)

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1552
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 9:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There seems to be a proliferation of happy faces adorning this thread. I get suspicious when people are that happy all the time.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 837
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 10:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Hopefully, 7's feelings weren't hurt :-) :-) :-)
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Zitro

Post Number: 1554
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CMAO!!

Jcole

Post Number: 3190
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-( :-( :-(
Balance in all things

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 81
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just for you Zitro:
:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(

Jcole

Post Number: 3191
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 10:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm telling Mrs. Huget, you copied!!

7andkelly

Post Number: 1164
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J, oh that city...Port Huron area...I assume and I assume and it's still not enough.

EB, we were that close to a lunch at Wimpy's! The one day we might have gone up to Lexington the entire Blue Water Bridge area was cordoned off for a "security threat", and the day we left was a little too chilly for a swim in Lake Huron.

No offence, Diane...I just couldn't wait any longer to use the "we have a problem, Houston" phrase. BTW, thanks for all you're doing with the RCMP helping patrol our southern border.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1165
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What's with all the sad faces? I know the Tigs lost last night, and we're all a bit down from that, but today is a new day! Gallaraga's pitching. And who amongst us isn't still abuzz from the latest Lion's victory, and all the optimism oozing out of their training camp?

Zitro

Post Number: 1555
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 11:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR we may need your expertise in recommending the proper medication for bi-polarity. I'm starting to notice some extreme mood swings.

Jcole

Post Number: 3194
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 11:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7, honey, I don't think the RCMP patrols the southern border unless you mean along the Rio Detroit.
I believe you mean that brave group that numbered the Lone Ranger among its numbers, the Texas Rangers. Lone and Tonto are long gone, but the brave men in beige take care of things down there pretty well.

Jcole

Post Number: 3195
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7, did you all put on your tinfoil hats on the day they closed the bridge in case of fallout? How was the thumblet otherwise. You were close to me, at least relatively. If you didn't go to Lexington or at least along the lakeshore, where did you go? There's not much up there. Did you go to the KOA on old M21 near Wadhams? Did you visit the Ruby Tree Farm? There's supposed to be a good little diner on the corner of Lapeer Rd and Wadhams? Did you try it? How about fish, did you eat fish? Was it walleye or perch? Maybe it was whitefish, was it? Did you vist the Black River? My daughter got married at Black River Country Club. Did you golf there?

7andkelly

Post Number: 1166
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing, you're right...it's too bad the whole world had to find out Edwards is such a $h!#...on the bright side, with that and the Olympics, Detroit's embarrassment is off the front page in all but our local papers.

Zitro

Post Number: 1556
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TS: Go stand in the corner with the history books piled to your nose. You violated the "No more than 3 questions in one post" Rule.

Jcole

Post Number: 3196
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, especially with the murder at the Olympics. Kind of cleared KK off the radar. That and Bernie Mac dying.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 838
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Instead of discussing medication perhaps the use of another symbol(s) could represent a more realistic reflection of one's mood. *_*

Zitro

Post Number: 1557
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 12:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like it! It says it all. I'll be the majority of the citizens of the COD have that same look on their face this very moment

Zitro

Post Number: 1558
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 12:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who is the bigger creep King Kwame who cheated on his wife, bilked the taxpayers out of millions of dollars, continues to hold the city hostage OR John Edwards who chested on his wife while she's dying of cancer?

Jcole

Post Number: 3198
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I still have to go with KK. Edwards is a creep, but he didn't have control of a city at the time.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1167
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J, we've already established from previous posts Diane is a Canadian working with the RCMP. We can only guess what her mission is there...and we do.

And no silly, we weren't wearing tinfoil hats...foil is aluminum these days anyways. As I mentioned above, we stayed at the KOA. We didn't golf, fish, eat out or visit Ruby (but she was nearby along with the little diner). At camp we fried, grilled, ate take-out, played tennis, rode bikes, go-carts and banana bikes, hit baseballs, putt-putt golfed, walked, lit campfires, slurped Slush Puppies, and on and on...KOA fun!

Jcole

Post Number: 3199
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see, good old fashioned St. Judian fun.
I still don't know what town St. Stephen was in, tho

7andkelly

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm voting for Edwards for creepiest. First he lies, and then he embarrasses his family by bragging about it: "I have been stripped bare". TMI!

7andkelly

Post Number: 1169
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's down Lapeer Rd, east of KOA and west of Ridge Rd, possibly outside city limits of PH.

Jcole

Post Number: 3200
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 12:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And Kwame didn't also do those things, as well as spend about 1/2 of Detroit's budget on court cases?
Not trying to pick a fight, 7, I just find KK to be a total waste of space and breathe.

Zitro

Post Number: 1559
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I suppose the question was more hypothetical than anything. Not unlike posing the question Who was a more sinister dictator Hitler or Stalin?