Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through August 09, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3201
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 12:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TY, Y, I'll look for it next time I'm up there. Sarah really did get married at Black River CC and it was beautiful. It's a lovely area.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1170
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 1:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No fight...it was a close race J. I propose the following compromise: Edwards for most creepy, Kwame for most waste of space, and Hitler for most sinister.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 839
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KK or Edwards? Hitler or Stalin? Let's discuss. KK a thug, a perjurer. and a dufuss who got caught cheating on his wife,is now paying for it with humiliation, jail time, and probable resignation or forced dismissal. The Detroit tax payers are paying for the circus act big time.
Edwards: Snake in the grass pretty boy who cheated on his wife, got caught and like T. Kennedy and Clinton is allowed to explain his actions ad nausem to a national audience. He is paying for it by loss of his reputation, loss of influence in the Democratic Party and loss of any chance for a VP candidacy.

Oh, I'll tie this into SJ somehow. I wonder what David Bonior, a NDHS alum and Edward campaign manager is thinking now? *_*

(Message edited by kellyroad on August 09, 2008)

Jcole

Post Number: 3203
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 1:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7, sounds good. Glad you had fun on your get away. Sounds peaceful and '1960's family' fun. The world needs more of that. Maybe I can arrange something with the kids and grands before I get to f'in' old to enjoy it.

Jcole

Post Number: 3204
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bonior will spin it, same as all the other politicians do. Doesn't matter that he was a SJ kid. If there was just one who stood up for what he truly believed in, even if I didn't believe the same way, I'd vote for them.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 840
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 1:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: "IF" is the operative word isn't it?

Not that it really matters, but I believe Bonior did not attend SJ school but somewhere just north of 8MI (perhaps St. Veronica) He graduated from NDHS in the early 60s. I heard him speak a few months back at our parish on issues of social justice in the workplace. At that time he mentioned that he was taking on Edwards' campaign (this was way before the Clinton or Obama express train). I wanted to ask him since he did so well in his own campaign vs. Granholm if he felt confident in heading up Edwards? I bit my tongue. Politics, don't you love it? :-)

(Message edited by kellyroad on August 09, 2008)

Kellyroad

Post Number: 841
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mystery Photo:

Hint #2
Z is close with the curtain call but watch your step before you fall.

Jcole

Post Number: 3207
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The tops or legs of the folding chairs in the rolling racks

Whithorn11446
Username: Whithorn11446

Post Number: 263
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

David Bonior grew up in East Detroit and his father was the mayor there for awhile in the 1960's.

How long has the Calcaterra funeral home on Kelly been gone ?

I thought they were still in business a couple of years ago.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 842
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whithorn: Calcaterra Funeral Home on Moross near Kelly has been gone at least 6 yrs or so probably longer than that. It stood there vacant for a while then the car parts store (Auto Zone I think....JC I know you posted a pic not too long ago) came in.

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 82
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not a Canadian. I just happen to like the British and European way of spelling. It used to drive the nuns batty.

I also don't patrol the borders. I welcome everyone in except for bad people.

The sad faces are just for Zitro who said that there were too many happy faces.

I need some BBQ ribs and a pineapple Towne Club. Potato salad would be nice and some corn on the cob.

JCole: Go ahead and tell Mrs. Huget. I'm the teacher's pet. I'm impervious. :-P

Edwards is creepier and Hitler worse.

Bernie Mac I never liked.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1171
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who hasn't given up on this year's Lions' season (or the only one who cares), just one game into the pre-season...I mean forget Millen; forget the Fords...it's no excuses stand-up Marinelli and a whole bunch of new players...and they're representin' the big D.

(Message edited by 7andkelly on August 09, 2008)

7andkelly

Post Number: 1172
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diane, I agree...some corn on the cob would be nice...and the BBQ ribs, and maybe an O'douls.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 843
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK 7, You're the only one who cares *_*

Kellyroad

Post Number: 844
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry 7, I stated incorrectly.

You're the only one who cares :-)

Kellyroad

Post Number: 845
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diane: There's a famous bistro in Houston that if you walk in wearing a tie they'll cut it off and hang it on the wall...kind of an interesting display. For the life of me I don't recall what the name of the place was or even if it's still there. (It's been about 25 yrs since I frequented the place)

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7- You know there's no bigger Detroit sports fan than Z. However, I'm not buying it for the Loins this year. 1 common denominator for good teams unless they have a total shut down defense is a top ranked QB. Can you honestly say Kitna's is in the top eschlon of QB's? I'll give them a chance at 2 more wins that's about it. I like Marinelli,at least he doesn't hug and kiss his players.

However, for what it's worth my is kid is still drinking the kool-aid, Im sure another 15-20 years of disappointment will drill than out of him though.

Zitro

Post Number: 1561
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since I brought up the subject I will way in. The magnitude of KK is far more reaching in it's tentacles. In terms of overall slimyness I have to vote for Edwards on the sheer gall it took to break that poor woman's heart as she nears death.

I sure am glad he was never my senator

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 84
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kellyroad-----I will do some homework and find out, write a report and turn it in sometime tomorrow or when I dang well feel like it. So there! :-)

Jcole

Post Number: 3209
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z, when you live in Iowa, and there's no home team, I guess you take what your papa brung ya. Look at it as a measure of his love for you

Jcole

Post Number: 3210
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know Mrs. Senator Edwards has cancer, but is that close to death? Also, have they interviewed her about this? I know that this would be a long shot, and I haven't follower the story other than word of mouth, but what if, due to the fact that she is dying and probably on chemo and/or radiation, is there a chance that she gave him permission to 'take care of his needs'? Or is this a long term or past love affair that wouldn't meet my criteria?

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 383
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Honolulu Blue & Silver - Go LIONS! Break out the sweatshirts and get ready to get hearts broken - but I can't help but root for those boys! Were we even born the last time the Lions won a championship?

Jcole

Post Number: 3211
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, I thought not, but we discussed this while you were on vaca, and the last one was 1957. We must have been wearing blue and white diapers

Zitro

Post Number: 1562
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TS: Her cancer is considered untreatable, that usually means curtains. Interesting theory on the permission notion. I would imagine if this was the case he would have said something in his interview to try and lessen the public opinion blow he knew was was going to take. He should have stuck with his right hand man to take care of his needs.

CFG: We talked about this when you were gone, you didn't bother to catch up on your reading did you?

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 384
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yikes - blast at me, why dontcha??? I'm guessing I did miss a post or two, well excccccuuuuuuseeeee meeeeeeeeee
....and thank you for the last championship up-date....again, since I apparently missed it the first time.

Jcole

Post Number: 3212
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z, he may not have wanted to involve her in what would become a controversial decision, considering that that it's already on his head. No pun intended.
I'm not saying it happened, I'm saying it could.

Yeah, CFG, do your assignments, or sister is going to freak.

Zitro

Post Number: 1563
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you catch our rap songs/

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 385
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm afraid to put my hand up and answer that question.

Zitro

Post Number: 1564
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's in between innings you have time

Kellyroad

Post Number: 846
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The most awesome display of technology, choreography, visual effects, and sheer entertainment was displayed last night in the olympic opening ceremonies.....Michael Phelps on the gold medal stand tonight ...and the U.S. National Anthem gets cut short by a technical snafu...go figure.