Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Heilmann Park Revisited.....Dawn of a new day » Heilmann Park Revisited - Archives » Archive through July 25, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2232
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: It wasn't grad school where the problems occurred...it was undergrad...specifically in the music appreciation class for education majors...possessing a tin ear I was most grateful for the "friendliness" of the grad assistant who was teaching the course...it cost me a couple of dinners...and a few six packs but it was worth the cost since she provided dessert and of course, a passing grade.

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1026
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: When GB says dessert, he means she would flag down the Good Humor man while he waited on the curb.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1930
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Tin ear or Tin cup? I thought that you were sitting in front of the local Walgreens with your tin cup and sold 12 Oz jars of white paste ..... The Grad Assist drank "Keystone"????? So if I understand it right Under Grad 1.7 and Grad 2.34 ...good going and is that on your resume? Sorry! isn't resume one of the 12 words banned on DY? Let's see . Resume, Carey, and what else????,

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1033
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Careful or ES might become one of the banned words.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1935
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 1:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just walked around Heilmann .... the skating rink looks the same ... and add to the list of banned words: Wolverine or is it banana head style helmet .......

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1044
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pretty soon we won't have anything to talk about. Tango isn't banned is he?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1939
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 1:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Whammo might be on the list ... I think that SE59 was banned before the list was formulated ... I think the words Greek and Bend Over are on

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1052
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Is it just the standard rubber band whammos that are banned or about hot air whammos too? I hear GB has one of those also.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1944
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: GB is still using his Rubber Band Whammo .... what he is doing is putting on his Extra Small Leather Helmet then having Tango take him to the hidden Southeastern Shooting Gallery and he continues to shoot the 59 SE "Aryan" Yearbook ..... while he mumbles and shouts various expletives ...... He stay about 23 minutes and then rides back to the barn....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1060
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: He's been gone more than 23 minutes. I hope Tango didn't forget the way home. GB is used to riding the horses at D Bar A that always knew their way back to the barn.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1947
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Maybe GB mentioned Glue and that unglued Tango

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1072
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 6:35 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Could be. At full gallop with GB's arms wrapped around his neck, Tango could be somewhere in Mexico by now.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1952
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 12:49 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I think that tango is now grazing on the urban prairie which is now Heilmann......

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1091
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Tango better hope he made it to Mexico. If he's at Heilman he stands a good chance of ending up as the main course at the next Heilman neighborhood bar-b-que.

Goblue

Post Number: 2239
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Both: Tango made it deep into the Prescott Nat. Forest and back...have been in the saddle for the past 4 days...Tango is beat and so am I...but good to see that you two have maintained the dialogue...if that's the right word.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1098
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 12:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Mapleridge guys are blessed with a talent for conducting insightful, quality laden conversations.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1958
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 1:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: What 10 words to you think should be banned on this EASTSIDE - Heilmann thread .... OD and I have offered RESUME and CAREY, as starters

Goblue

Post Number: 2246
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 6:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I dunno about bar-b-cue...I do know that a couple of years ago ST was ready to sell Tango to a French restaurant after he had bucked me off and in his haste to get the hell out of there managed to stomp on my leg...I had to talk like hell to talk her out of it. She was going to sell him as 900 lbs. of steak.

ES: Banned words, eh? Well, lemme think....hmmmmm...how about SPARTANS?

Eastside61

Post Number: 1961
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Nice! Get on the Spartan kick just days before the meeting on 8/1 ? Not a smart move ... maybe the head injury mentioned above took its toll?

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1110
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 12:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You definitely made a better choice of wife this time around. SE59 probably would have rewarded Tango with an extra helping of oats.

Goblue

Post Number: 2248
Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Awriight...awriiight...not SPARTANS...how about banning GREENIE WEENIES?

You're right...got it right on a wife this time...I was in there with an 0-2 count, two outs in the bottom of the ninth...and hit one over the center field fence. Told her when we first started that I would be "high maintenance"...she didn't know what that meant...she says that she does today.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1965
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: and a open tab at the nearest liquor store.... 'Yes we can deliver using our 16' truck on a weekly basis'

Goblue

Post Number: 2253
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Told her that life would become the difference between driving a stock model Ford...and a Maserati...she still didn't understand...she can't say that I didn't warn her.

I have to wonder what ME did to deserve what her life became...I can only hope that she enjoyed whatever it was.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1971
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 1:14 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: " Interesting " .... comes to mind. And I am back in the house for sleeping purposes ... Greta and Vi called her and said get this clown out of the barn ..... Life is funny that way .....

Goblue

Post Number: 2257
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Whatever works Bro...I do understand...Tango has been a defense attorney for me at times.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1975
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: what is Tango's hourly rate???? and does he charge for phone calls?

Goblue

Post Number: 2262
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: No phone calls...Tango's legal business is strictly online...you type in a question/problem...and credit card number...Tango will send advice...guaranteed.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1978
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 11:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Does he take Pay-Pal or 50 lb bags of Alfalfa Pellets or COB with molasses ???? Any Horse whispering allowed????

Goblue

Post Number: 2264
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 7:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Tango is a left-brain introvert who is food driven...he's too smart for his own good...he'll settle for the alfalfa cubes...but would prefer the molasses. Tango and I are going to spend two weeks training with Pat & Linda Parelli at their Pagosa Springs, CO center to improve our Natural Horsemanship skills in September...should be fun.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1982
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tango: can you assist me with an LLC? I have alfalfa pellets