Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through August 12, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1577
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 11:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2nd clue: It's not a Sears Poncho or a real one for that matter

Zitro

Post Number: 1578
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 11:06 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: If you looking for a mennil-toss flykune it's not in this song

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 862
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 11:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: a can of foaming goo. It's shaving cream...
Who you jivin?

Kellyroad

Post Number: 863
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: and you can forget the zircon-encrusted tweezers

Zitro

Post Number: 1579
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 11:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes you can rule that out

Kellyroad

Post Number: 864
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Are you going to give the winner permission to sharpen the big black pencil (with hands raised)? and can we get permission to dump out all the pencil shavings from the sharpener?...it's getting quite full!

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3248
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, is that something SJS related, or is it more common?

Kellyroad

Post Number: 865
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: There might be some trickery (trickeration) going on in the photo. answer: a can of shaving cream with a mini peanut butter cup on top.

Fvfromd
Username: Fvfromd

Post Number: 4
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zitro: is that the "Crystal Ball" or the dust of the Grand Wazoo? Is it from St. Alphonso's pancake breakfast? Who you jivin' with them cosmic debris? The price of meat has just gone up, and your....... well you know the rest. 7andkelly: what years were you at SJ?

Jcole

Post Number: 3249
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It also resembles one of those china pencils that write on ceramic, and is sharpened by peeling a string of some kind of fiber off

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 391
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've already said hadn't had my meds yet. Took them (multi-vitamin (senior), fish oil, niacin, garlic). All is well now.

Is that OK, KR?

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1182
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, KR will need BP, HR and P.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 866
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB: A okay. Your HDLs and LDLs will be in check. ...good cardio protective regimen

7K: Blood Pressure, Heart Rate and P?
Please use standardized and approved abbreviations...second guessing on medical terminology can lead to increased morbidity and/or mortality.

Zitro

Post Number: 1580
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 12:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In my opening statement, I said it was Catholic Trivia and it is very Catholic related. Not at all a common item. And there is no photoshop trickery going on. Here's is a little more cross view.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 867
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 12:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB: Unless you're aspirin intolerant...you could add an aspirin tablet daily (baby or adult). Not only does it protect the heart but it could alleviate the bothersome flushing feeling experienced sometimes with niacin.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for clearing that up KR, but I wasn't asking for balls/pitches, home runs allowed, and pitch count. IMO, using common laymen's terms, rather than technical jargon, would be more beneficial to patient health ITLR.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 868
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 1:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: looks like a container to hold holy water, perhaps for the annointing of the sick.

(Message edited by kellyroad on August 12, 2008)

7andkelly

Post Number: 1184
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm going to guess a cruet, perhaps one a Priest might use which would contain the Holy Oil used for Last Rites (now referred to as the Sacrament of the Sick).

Zitro

Post Number: 1581
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: The winner can spread the pencil shavings all over the place as a sign of revolt if it makes then feel better. Run with scissors for all I care.

Fvfromd
Username: Fvfromd

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 1:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zitro: A fuming incense stencher???....... Really, is it a cruet?

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 94
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here's laing's idea.....bet it is one of those stickers put into the side of the easter candle.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 869
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: I guess the P abbreviation sailed right over, didn't get the analogy as related to medical terminology vs sports terminology vs other non-medical terminology. Using "common laymen's term" in terms of what is understood by all is key. Just hope EB is ok.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1185
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah KR, P was for pulse, not mls of output. I'll try to be more specific. You can stop drinking all that water now, EB, unless otherwise prescribed.

Laing, still awaiting your opinion of DS's FF. TY.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 392
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forgot the aspirin. Do that, not to mention the stuff that keeps the BP & C down. 2 years ago my cardiologist said he's never seen a 62 year old man go as long on the treadmill as I did. Now if they'd just discover something to open already blocked arteries, I'd be all set.

Looks like a holy oil bottle to me.

Jcole

Post Number: 3251
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 2:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like holy oil to me too.
EB, who were you running from? You damned bikers.

Jcole

Post Number: 3252
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 2:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

laing, is that your idea, or are you speaking for laing?

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 95
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 2:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nope, i speak only for 3 people; me, myself and I. 7andkelly, i may be out of it, but what is DS's FF?

Jcole

Post Number: 3253
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

laing, is that your idea, or are you speaking for laing?
nope
So you are NOT laing?

Jcole

Post Number: 3254
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

laing, Here's what that question came from: (as in Nintendo DS)

7andkelly

Post Number: 1180
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 6:06 pm:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------
Laing, there is a DS game called Flash Focus. Have you ever heard of it? I was wondering you think it is beneficial...a friend insists it is.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1186
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing, yes, J is right. I am seeking your professional opinion on the DS Flash Focus program.

I guess we all assume you are caught up in reading all the posts made since your last entry after you've been away, no matter how many days or weeks you've been gone. It took me over an hour and a half to catch up myself just the other day after returning from the KOA. We're all busy, but it's one of life's sacrifices, and if you offer it up in the right spirit, I'm sure you will store blessings for yourself.