Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through August 14, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Fvfromd
Username: Fvfromd

Post Number: 6
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 10:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From Lourdes via Fr. Vivian O'Blivion.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1592
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 11:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That location’s correct so let's make a big fuss!
It's Fv from D a newby to us.
A black pencil to each of our 3 esteemed winners.
A clear book bag for Fv, sorry there's no Milroy's dinner.
I have to stop now this posing in rhyme.
Or my thoughts will elude me when I speak the next time.

Zitro

Post Number: 1593
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My parents won a trip to England around 1975 at a Halloween party at Cobo Hall for best costume. They took a side trip to France and went to Lourdes. This container still is about 3/4 full after all these years.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 872
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 11:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-The original rules stated first one to guess gets pencils of three
KR with Holy Water was first can't you see
-7's interpretation of cruet is fair
but a minute too late, I swear, I swear,
-FV, the newby, is left with the bag
the rest of us with pencil shavings, now that's a drag.
-Sometime's it's good to have more than one winner, but we could all go for that fish and chip dinner.
-but Thanks to Z for for his game of mystery
till next time....this poem is history

Zitro

Post Number: 1594
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can you guess which line in the song I was using for the clue?

Fvfromd

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 11:58 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boy, I sure could go for some Fish & Chips from Milroy's, or pizza from Papa Luigi's, or ribs from Zukin's Rib Shack......Oh well.

Fvfromd

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 12:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The 'oil of Aphrodite'.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 390
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 12:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z - thanks for sharing. That's incredible, that after almost 35 years, the water hasn't evaporated. I have some that I got at Assumption Grotto - used it every morning for a year - and the little plastic bottle never changed in amount. It truly is miraculous.

Zitro

Post Number: 1595
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 12:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not the one I was thinking, but it could fit.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 873
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 12:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Was someone's asthma cured with the holy water from the cruet?

Zitro

Post Number: 1596
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's the one KR. Kind of a veiled clue, but hey I never said this was my forte'

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 116
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was dealing with some pretty heavy things back a few years that were pretty nasty and I had a vessel of Holy Water that I kept. It never went down. I believe God refilled it so I would always have ample amount. As I used it, by the next day it had gotten full again.

Here is another testament to God's love and power: I had been feeling particularly down and hopeless one day and the sky was a normal blue with a tinge of yellow in it. I asked in the simplest way, "Dear God, please. I need to feel you today. Please, God give me a sign. Could you please change the colour of the sky?" And lo and behold! In the span of a very few moments the sky was a brilliant pink and purple and orange! There was not one single scientific reasoning behind it. It just plain turned its colour like that! Here I was but one person, one small person and I asked God and received from Him such a miracle that is still embedded within me. It goes to show that whether we are strong in our faith or not God is always there with us and He really hears us.

I just wanted to say how much I'm enjoying reconnecting and I wish you all a blessed day filled with joy and happiness. God bless you all.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 874
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: If you don't mind sharing with your SJ comrades....Is there a personal story behind this, perhaps a key event with the use of the cruet?

Kellyroad

Post Number: 875
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diane: Thank you too for the inspiration

Zitro

Post Number: 1597
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: Sorry to say there isn't a story to share, I'd be more than willing to if there was.

Zitro

Post Number: 1598
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 1:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where's 7 with the special k's? He owes a cipherin' for his posts the other night.

Diane12163

Post Number: 117
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah, Z really. I'm still scratchin' my head about those.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1198
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regarding:
Kellyroad
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 11:10 pm:
"The most awesome display of technology, choreography, visual effects, and sheer entertainment was displayed last night in the olympic opening ceremonies..."

The fireworks were fake, the opening songs were lip sync'd, U.S. anthem gets censored, U.S. family member is shot and killed, local citizens are jailed, internet is blocked. All that's left to discover is the judging and officiating are fixed.

Zitro

Post Number: 1600
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now get your facts straight 7, I believe the U.S family member was stabbed not shot. I think we already know about the officiating. Good thing Phelps competes in a timed event. And don't forget about the smog, I'm sure the distance runners will appreciate it.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I stand corrected.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 876
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regardless of the undertones of the Chinese government, the officiating, the smog, even if ma huang is slipped into Phelp's food to disqualify him......that was an unparalleled opening ceremony in grandeur in olympic history, IMHO

Zitro

Post Number: 1602
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One more ditty - Those Chinese women gymnasts are about as close to 16 as I am

7andkelly

Post Number: 1200
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A Summary of the Tigs’ 2008 Season So Far:

Grandy’s grand, but can’t hit lefties.
Migs’s at first ‘cause he’s too hefty.

Polly’s fine, but we found he’s not perfect.
Problems with the bullpen, too hard to detect.

Sheffield can’t play left field, and his bat is slow.
Joel zooms one day, and the other day no.
Rodney’s just the same.
Can we ever save a game?!

Maggs is still Maggs, and Mig’s a great addition,
but that’s not enough to get us to contention.

Gallaraga’s the word.
Guillen’s learnin’ third.
Inge would not be heard.
Grilli was a turd.

Miner went to the minors,
and came back a better player.
But the season’s slippin’ fast;
Seems we don’t have a prayer.

Willis was a bust,
And so was Jacque.
Bondo couldn’t play;
Jonesey we loved to mock.
As the clock goes tick tock.

Renturia’s another
Big disappointment.
Pudge couldn’t help
Without his ointment.

Robertson and Rogers are just mediocre.
We need more wins. This ain’t poker.

This just in:
We need the old Justin!

Leyland’s Midas touch
Hasn’t helped much.
Dave was a seller.
Are we headed for the cellar?

I see the nucleus for some future pennants.
Hope Ilitch sees it too, and doesn't cause us penance.

(Message edited by 7andkelly on August 13, 2008)

(Message edited by 7andkelly on August 13, 2008)

Zitro

Post Number: 1603
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very good 7 you've captured them well

7andkelly

Post Number: 1201
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Z. It's been hard to watch them lately...slip slidin' away. Expectations are all wrong. Seems like we'll be lucky to get to 81 wins now. Losing sucks. Mediocrity sucks.

Still my Tigers though! And we're looking forward to watching them take on the "team which shall not be named" this Friday.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 877
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 1:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

word out....the Pulitzer prize for poetry committee has bypassed the SJ threadsters...go figure

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3275
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 2:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about the 'International Rappers Union"?

Diane12163

Post Number: 123
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 5:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, like I'm down on the rap score my homies. Let us put some sizzle in da St. Jahzizzle! Yo! Word! Peace!

I'm leaving the building
But I'll be back
With a rap song to
Pose an attack
Comin with my posse
To take over the place
Gonna put a smile
On my homie folks face
Singing the tune bout St Judes
To all of you Cool chicks and dudes
Makin it my way now
Set right in
And pull up the bow
Cause D is in da Jizzle
Wit da heat gonna make y'all
Sizzle
So go on get yo dancin shoes on
Meet me at da skool bout quarter to one
When ya'll come I'll be ringing dat bell
We gonna raise some high holy hell
And den we'll be shoutin ta all of dem nuns
You ain't gonna take away none of our funs
We're da army now dat owns dis skool
We are da ones who is the righteous cool
Yo! Word! Over And Out!

By: MC Diane

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 391
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 10:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kids
Am leaving for PA in a few hours to visit friends for the weekend - back on Sunday. Don't get into too much trouble! CFG

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3277
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, enjoy yourself. I hope the weather that be too hot. Take care
J