Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through August 23, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3353
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The creator of the DY thread is KR, but i don't think that was the question, was it?

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1658
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 2:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Right TS: The question is which DYes St.Jude thread contributor created the St.Jude FaceBook page.

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 237
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My guess for the creator of the Facebook page is 7andkelly.

Zitro: These are for you: :-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(:-(
They aren't smilies at least.

Jazzstage: Do you know what state he went to and where he might be?

7andkelly---Yes, you can pull the levers and put the nickel in.(just a nickel? It was a dime when I went. I used to blow through the straw to make extra bubbles in mine. And I was famous for bringing those little cereal boxes in, the ones you could open to make them their own bowl, grab a milk and pour it over. )

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 398
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Then it's 7K.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 913
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who's 7andKelly?
Oh, I forgot. Isn't he the Martin Scorsese of video documentary? No, wait... Martin Scorsese wishes he was a 7K like documentarian.

Zitro

Post Number: 1659
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry EB try again. 3 chances for a quarter.

Zitro

Post Number: 1660
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I didn't think this one would need a hint but here's one:

The creator of Facebook was once in our past.
You'll have to make sure you don't go too fast

Kellyroad

Post Number: 914
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 4:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Duck, Jokerman, Max Carey, Steve Badowski, one of the Sawickis (There isn't a limit on guesses is there?)

Kellyroad

Post Number: 915
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 4:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

slowosfs

Zitro

Post Number: 1661
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 5:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bingo! What's your choice KR> Famous or Fantasy? I don't think either deliver. Had to scour through quite a few posts didn't you? Never heard from Slow again to my knowledge.
Slowosfs
Username: Slowosfs

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 1:27 pm:

------------------------------ ------------------------------ --------------------

I created a Facebook page for St. Jude Parish. You can upload photos and videos and blog on the page's "wall."

You will need to sign up for Facebook to be able to write on the wall, upload photos, etc. You do not need an account to view the page. The link is:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ Detroit-MI/St-Jude-Roman-Catho lic-Parish/13026593213

This is no space in the link between the "o" and "l" in Catholic - this site inserts that to avoid spamming I assume...

Enjoy!

Zitro

Post Number: 1662
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it was a proper assumption to guess cfg since she was the first to post pics on there

Jcole

Post Number: 3356
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you to that nod to those of us who though so, ZZ

Zitro

Post Number: 1663
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No problem SIS. TS was excluded because we discussed this yesterday, while scouring for old KR photos looking for clues to his mystery pics.

BTW KR what happen to some of the other pics you took of the school? I thought I remembered one of you shooting a foul shot in the gym

Kellyroad

Post Number: 916
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: by the way that shot was a swish..first try
(I could have been a contender). Nearby, there seemed to be a post of a special special bowler celebrating a 300 game.

BTW: In honor of my first gutter ball.... got to go with Fantasy pizza. If their delivery service is no longer active, I'll do a pick up at Jet's (what a coincidence with the name just thought of that..duh) right in nearby Trenton.

Did you ever think that Slowosfs could be a sock puppet of someone we are real familiar with? hmmm!

ALL: Trivia: Who wrote "Long live the Gradys"?

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 125
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

congrats on id-ing all the signs. like it was said, all were common knowledge. as for souvenirs of the school/church, would love not in this order - one of the hymnals Fr. Grady put together in those green covers, the picture of JFK that hung over by rm 129, and one of those pointers the nuns used to show cities on maps, and also to rap on someone's behind - i remember once in 6th grade, someone got a pointer on their butt and it broke, slid down the aisle to where i was sitting, and i asked the nun "did you lose something". man, still remember the laughter. my sister, 2 yrs before me was a teachers pet, so nothing happened. by the way, moved our youngest son back to college at TN Tech today - starting his 2nd year there. also, next month, i will be turning my application in to the diocese of nashville to apply for the diaconate - one of my dreams and is on my "bucket list". pray for me folks!

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1249
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

26-6 vs Browns...Go LIONS!

Believe in Now!

Zitro

Post Number: 1664
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe in the pre season. Game was blacked out the NFL channel. Was it on locally?

Jcole

Post Number: 3360
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 7:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, delayed til tonight. I think it's on now

Zitro

Post Number: 1665
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Way to go laing, good luck with your quest

Kellyroad

Post Number: 917
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing: Moving one's kids back to school just shows how fast the summer goes doesn't it? Those pointers would be an interesting souvenir. You must have had a personality that could deliver a line like that, get a good laugh, and stay out of trouble. My memory with the pointer was with Sr. Mary John in 4th grade pulling down the map of the United States during the Cuban missile crisis. "Here's Cuba, here's the United States, and here's Detroit..if the Russians were to launch missiles Detroit would probably be one of the first cities to be bombed, since Detroit is the arsenal of Democracy" Thank You Sister. I can still see that pointer moving frantically along the map showing key cities to be bombed. I guess that's why the "FALLOUT SHELTER" sign was meaningful.
Anyway, it is interesting to learn of your interest in the diocese of Nashville. That is quite a commitment. We'll pray for you. If I may ask, how did your interest in such a position evolve? What is your involvement now in your parish and/or diocese? Good Luck.

Jcole

Post Number: 3362
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 8:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My cousin, Danny Cole, was a Deacon at St. Lucy or St. Gertrude back in the 70's and 80's. He had wanted to be a priest, but didn't make it. Nicest man I ever knew

7andkelly

Post Number: 1250
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool Laing!

I'm sure we'll all vouch for you, though I'm skeptical your association with this thread will be additive.

Let us know when you can start hearing confessions...our current psuedo's credentials are specious at best.

Eastburn

Post Number: 399
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

laing, you have all of our support here.

Got walloped with one of those pointers in 3rd grade by the postulant we had teaching us that year. It, too, broke in half.

During the Korean War we were all blood-typed and issued "indestructible" plastic tags to wear around our necks on a chain. It was comforting to know the tags could withstand 1000s of degrees heat so they could identify our ashes. During our air raid drills, we were made to crouch along the outside wall of the classroom below window height to avoid flying glass. Those nukes can't touch us now! Of course we were protected by the "Army camp" at Heilman field.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 918
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7K: You're doing way too many crossword puzzles.
Do you mean fake credentials have a lot of elbow room?....(doing my best Larry the cable guy)

Kellyroad

Post Number: 919
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB: I may have asked this before but here it goes. Do you remember any of the soldiers from Heilmann attending Mass at St. Jude in the early 50s?

Eastburn

Post Number: 400
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"our current psuedo's credentials are specious at best." I resemble (as Uncle Cas used to say) that remark.

Until laing gets 2 1/2 years of training in he can't touch me.

I'm still the official Fr. confessor around here.

Just wait 'til you hear your next penance, 7.

CFG, you're off the hook on bell tower rehab. We have a new candidate.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1251
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"If drafted, I will not run; if nominated, I will not accept; if elected, I will not serve". - LBJ

7andkelly

Post Number: 1252
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So, who's all watching the Lions and Tigers in split screen?

Eastburn

Post Number: 401
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 9:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR. I do seem to remember seeing guys in uniform at Mass. Assume they were from the "Army Camp".

Kellyroad

Post Number: 920
Posted on Saturday, August 23, 2008 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

too early for the Lions, too late for the Tigs...love em both but timing is everything.
BTW, you may want to triple screen to the olympics