Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » Detroit -- Best place to be a sports fan! « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Wanderinglady
Username: Wanderinglady

Post Number: 65
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

At least in this survey...

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/ne ws?slug=ys-forbesbadcities0820 08&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

401don
Username: 401don

Post Number: 738
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I took stats in 1st year university 30 yrs ago. I feel fully qualified for one of apparently hundreds of great jobs at Forbes.

Wanderinglady
Username: Wanderinglady

Post Number: 66
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 12:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL! Yeah, you have to take anything Forbes says (especially about Detroit) with a big chunk of rock salt...

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 994
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 7:21 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree but not during foot ball season

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 147
Posted on Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All the teams have been flopping except the Wings.

Jerrybear
Username: Jerrybear

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All the teams have been flopping except the Red Wings????? You are forgetting about a team that just won their THIRD championship since 2003, and has been to the Finals four times in that time span and has made the playoffs every one of those seasons. This team also has a Michigan native on its roster who is the best current player in the game.

The team is the Detroit Shock.
The player is Deanna Nolan.

And they are the best pro team in the state right now.

Crawford
Username: Crawford

Post Number: 411
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 1:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

^
Yawn, not a real sport. Why not mention high school golf while you're at it...

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 9061
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Y'know what? I don't exactly follow the WNBA either but I can still be proud to be a member of this community that has a champion in their respective sport. Don't bag on other fans and their loyalty to their teams, Crawford. It just makes you look like a total sports snob. Lord knows the rest of the country can bag on our Lions but don't ever question the true Lions fan as to their motivations every Sunday.

And we'll also assume that you don't have a son or daughter in high school golf either.

Jerrybear
Username: Jerrybear

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, October 20, 2008 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You say it is not a real sport, so let's see you try and keep up with Deanna Nolan or any of the other Shock players. You wouldn't come close and you know it.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.