Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Heilmann Park Revisited.....Dawn of a new day » Heilmann Park Revisited - Archives » Archive through August 11, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2265
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You don't need alfalfa cubes...give Tango a carrot and he'll be your pal for life...or at least for the next few minutes.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 1983
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I do hope that Tango will be able to make the labor day festivities at Heilmann in September - His rendition of "God Bless America" is always a great way to kick off the campaign for the election of Obama ....

Goblue

Post Number: 2272
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 4:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Tango is best at the 1812 Overture...he does the explosion episode by kicking the side of his stall when dinner is late.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1990
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I wonder where Tango learned all that EXPLOSION stuff??? Was he in the scouts too.....

Goblue

Post Number: 2276
Posted on Monday, July 28, 2008 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Tango wasn't even a gleam in his stallion's eyes back in the BSA days....he's only 9...born and raised in Wisconsin until he was almost 3...then moved to AZ.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1994
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 1:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: so you were the one who taught him the finer points about black powder .... and how to rub is metal shoes to create a spark and then gallop as fast as his ass would go!

Goblue

Post Number: 2280
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 7:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Innocent again/still...Tango is barefoot...he gives off no sparks...he is a rigidly left-brained introvert...easily bored, sometimes oppositional, competing for position in the herd is more trouble than its worth to him...too smart for his own good.

Eastside61

Post Number: 1997
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I know that Tango will be able to wear his new green/white saddle blanket that you will get for him by Sat morning.....

Goblue

Post Number: 2282
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 4:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Strange package arrived...having experience with this sort of thing I immediately dropped it in the stock tank...which was a mistake on my part because now the horses won't drink from the tank...Tango says it's giving off a really bad smell...I guess I'm going to have to empty the damn thing and sanitize it with bleach.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2001
Posted on Thursday, July 31, 2008 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You are now one of US ..... will talk Fri!

Goblue

Post Number: 2286
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Damn AZ and confusing time zones...expected to hear from you around 7:00...was out feeding around 6:00. Tried to contact the goat shed at MSU the next day.

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1117
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: What’s this I see about you and Tango going to anger management classes in CO in September? I’m sure all Prescott is rooting for your success in stoping the explosion – fart off contests you use now for settling your differences. The noise is keeping everyone awake... not to mention the blue clouds over Prescott. But do you really have to go to CO? Couldn't our resident shrink ES treat you just as well?

Goblue

Post Number: 2290
Posted on Tuesday, August 05, 2008 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: ES specializes in goat farting...a whole different school of psychology taught only at MSU.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2004
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Goat Fart Lighting ..... butane only please! It all started at Heilmann in the changing shed ....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1124
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 1:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB, ES: Goat farts? Insignificant! It would take a year of goat farts to match one Tango explosion.

Goblue

Post Number: 2293
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yer right.....pfffffttt...versus.. ..KABOOOOMMM! But at least Tango gives warning by lifting his tail. Them goats sneak up on ya.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1129
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You have to respect an animal that lifts his tail before he does his business... unlike goats.

Goblue

Post Number: 2298
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: The way I heard it from SHY, ES used to lift his tail before he let go too...we really shoulda put him in a burlap sack and tossed him off the foot of Lakewood.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2009
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 11:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: It was a mom over on Bishop that discovered TT and myself in her basement during a slumber party ... she fitted both TT and myself in large sacks and drove us both to the foot of Lakewood and waved goodbye......

Goblue

Post Number: 2304
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 2:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Never suffered such a fate...but...Trudy T (RIP) came VERY close to such a discovery in their living room one night.

(Message edited by GoBlue on August 07, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 2015
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Trudy is still wondering about what you did to poor ST in the living room .... and when you hid behind the sofa in the L room... did she think that TT had left his clothes on the chair next to the sofa??????

Goblue

Post Number: 2311
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: "did to"?..."poor ST"...how about did WITH an assertive and appreciative ST? I dunno what Trudy thought...although I've got a pretty good hunch...but there were no clothes on the chair...they were all on...on the couch although it somewhat disarray! Actually, she gave us a few seconds warning with a loud cough before coming into the living room.

Soooo...who was TT on Bishop?

(Message edited by GoBlue on August 08, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 2016
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: ST's brother .....

Goblue

Post Number: 2316
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: YOU AND TT together at a slumber party! Ohmigawd...please tell us you two weren't in the same sleeping bag...please!

Eastside61

Post Number: 2020
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brain Dead: we were in the basement with SHY, MM, PW, GL, MB, NS, NG and about five others .... Slumbering .... until the mother of MM discovered us and took us to the foot of lakewood with sacks and heavy cement blocks ... I don't remember her being very happy, although we were until captured......

Goblue

Post Number: 2317
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mothers always did have a way of throwing a bucket of cold water on a good time...I am impressed though...the two of you with a dozen foxes.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1154
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: When the girls invited ES to the sleepover he took them literally... out like a light by 7:00 and didn't wake up until they fished him out of the river.

Goblue

Post Number: 2319
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: You're right...he's lucky her mother didn't tie both of them...ES and his best buddy in that one sleeping bag. What a pair of duds!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1172
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amen brother.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2021
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/GB: envy envy envy .... The mother appeared so suddenly ... Mickey M, Sandy H and all the others were wearing leotards and slumbering ... TT and myself thought this was a thing that we should be doing every weekend ... Amen Brother! praise the Lord ....