Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Where are all the Denby Tars? » Where are all the Denby Tars? - Archives » Archive through August 17, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1134
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: He's probably sitting in some station munching on a $5 cheese sandwich while waiting for the next bus.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2301
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: ES always was a gourmet who traveled first class.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 2007
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boys: actually at 31,000 ft yesterday afternoon and my phone goes off ... and it is a caller from AZ ... two hours later landed in SF and went directly to v-mail only to hear the MSU all world band playing the victors .... amazing things do happen out here in the west...

Goblue

Post Number: 2306
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah right! 31,000 ft...you mean 65 mph in the backseat of a Greyhound between Wichita and Durango, CO passin' a brown bag back and forth...glad you weren't riding with the guy who decided to eat his seatmate.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1136
Posted on Thursday, August 07, 2008 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: That was a MSU cheese sandwich with green cheese and white mayo.

Goblue

Post Number: 2309
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Sounds delicious...a moldy cheese sandwich...ES must have spent extra to get a first class seat right behind the driver.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2013
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Grilled Cheese with red cedar sauce .... Yum! Actually the lyrics for Light My Fire by the Doors was written along the banks of the Red Cedar.....1965

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Friday, August 08, 2008 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Red Ceder aroma circa 1960's.... Tango aroma... Hmmmm.

Goblue

Post Number: 2313
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 5:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The way I understood it...it was the Red Cedar that was on fire...all of the floating condums caught fire and created a hell of a smoke cloud over East Lansing...we heard about it in Kzoo.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2018
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Red Cedar (Latex River) what ever name you want to go by - It was also the place where making balloon toys started ....

Goblue

Post Number: 2318
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmmmm...if they made balloon toys from MSU condums they certainly were miniatures.

(Message edited by GoBlue on August 10, 2008)

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1152
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: GB still has some old balloons he fished out of the Red Cedar. He blows up the colored ones and ties them to Tango’s tail and mane when they ride during the Prescott parades.

Goblue

Post Number: 2322
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: No way! Never went near the Red Cedar as a student...drove over it later on recruiting trips...at WMU we all never that diseases could be caught just from being near the place.

Goblue

Post Number: 2323
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: At WMU we all knew that there were diseases to be caught on the banks of the Red Cedar...I avoided the place like the plague...Broncoettes were more wholesome ladies.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1174
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: At Alma we had to pass by the Leonard Oil refinery when we came off US 27 into town. Thankfully it was on the opposite side of town from the college. Stunk like mad, but at least it masked the even worse stink from the Red Cedar 50 miles to the south.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2023
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB/OD: You Eco freaks..... the red cedar would flow depending on the direction the wind was blowing .... Broncoette's We called them DOGS ... MSU had all the foxes.... that is for sure!

Goblue

Post Number: 2326
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Seems that I recall that the Rouge and the Red Cedar were on fire at the same time. My recollection too is that ES wore glasses that looked like the bottom of Coke bottles...its understandable that he thought MSU was populated by foxes...his philosophy was that "in the dark they all feel alike"...he lived next door to the Tri-Pig house on campus so his confusion is understandable.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1177
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I don’t care if it is dark. If it smells like a pig, squeals like a pig, and has a tail like a pig… it’s a pig. ES learned that in his 309 troop orientation. He knew what he was doing.

Goblue

Post Number: 2333
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 6:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I dunno about smell...but I do know that a couple of MSU foxes did more than a little squealing...and they had the cutest tails...they definitely were not pigs.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I bet they were squealing… “Get back to WMU where you belong.”

Eastside61

Post Number: 2028
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: You are right on .... GB and remember his cousin Jjaba we broncoette's .... that leather helmet with the painted banana peels in bright yellow that was sized EXTRA SMALL that he wore when he dated Howie did taint his thought processes ... sad that he still clings to the memories of cleaning houses and doing chores on Farmbrook .... He is a total mess ... I hope he finally can get medicare to cover the cost of his rehab.

Goblue

Post Number: 2338
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Dubja! "Cleaning up" did NOT mean "cleaning houses"...man, didn't BE learn you nuthin'? You two are NEVER going to get over my tryst with SR, are you? Jealousy is such a sad condition...GAWD, she was fun. OD needs to go back to drooling over SD...and ES can fantasize about Renee forever...if indeed she existed.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1194
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 6:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Just because GB liked to wear maid's clothing doesn't mean he actually cleaned anything. Although the Molly Maid emblem on the Sunliner is was suspicious.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2034
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 11:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: GB was the original Molly Maid and we were so proud of him and Howie T when they dated and stated teaming up as Molly Maids. I do remember SR telling me that she thought that GB and HT were a little odd and that she was a little concerned about then always driving around in his Sunliner ... SR was such a nice individual who felt that those two clowns might have an alternative life style ....

Goblue

Post Number: 2340
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SR was not only a "nice individual"...she was also one hot fox...eat your hearts out!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1214
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 11:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Wouldn't you expect someone that hot to have higher standards?

Goblue

Post Number: 2345
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 12:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I will confess...I was a tad shocked myself when she asked me to dance...and then suggested that we leave the dance early...I mean, after all...my letter sweater was for golf...I was not a high profile football player such as the queen of the cheerleaders might be expected to accompany...but...I recovered from my surprise and performed admirably...dancing and touring the island.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2038
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I am still wondering where Father Bananahead hid the pic of HT that he carried around in his wallet when this one time date with SR occurred ??????

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1221
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Is it true that hottie SR actually went out with GB, a golfer, more than once? With all she had to choose from I guess that just proves a girl must be pretty dumb to go out with GB… or else she lost one heck of a bet.

Goblue

Post Number: 2350
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Suckers!...maybe SR discovered that GB had a long driver!...and the reason SHY dumped ES was that he couldn't make a short putt...same for OD and Sharon D.