Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Heilmann Park Revisited.....Dawn of a new day » Heilmann Park Revisited - Archives » Archive through August 28, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2328
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Uhhhh HUH! "wearing leotards"...yeah riiight...I believe that!

Besides...I invented the idea of co-sleepovers...just was never able to sell the idea on a group basis...glad to hear that it was an idea that finally found its niche.

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1179
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Very cleaver wearing leotards every weekend so the moms would think you were harmless and allow you near their daughters. Too bad it didn’t work on Officer H. When he saw you in the leotards he concluded that was reason enough to keep you AWAY from his daughter.

Goblue

Post Number: 2330
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: GOOD! Very, very good!

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 2025
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boy - Boys! calm down ... the whole SHY crowd were modeling the LeoTards as part of the GB program they had learned from him ....(cough) SURE! TT and I were looking for thongs when captured and struck down by Mickey's mother ... I wonder where she learned all those words ... but she did know how to get to the foot of Lakewood in no time ..... I think that Mrs M might have had TT in a head lock when going up the basement steps .... we should be commended for pulling off this caper ... for as long as it lasted .... MM at the time was dating our friend B Brink at the time .... the web that we all lived under in those days......

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1185
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Thongs? Why were you looking for footware? We knew about your shoe fetish but didn’t know it extended to beach sandals too.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2030
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Under the board walk ..... Under the board walk .... we were just lookin' Drifters 1960

Goblue

Post Number: 2336
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh man...I would have liked to have seen that...TT in leotards with a mama holding him in a headlock...didn't SHY take any pics? And...ya'll were foolin' around with BB's (another 706 guy) girl! This is the guy who was named San Fran's most eligible bachelor...you two duds were hardly in his league...oh man, what a picture...a pair of 61's prancing around in leotards while some of the most notable Denby foxes giggled.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2031
Posted on Wednesday, August 13, 2008 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO ONE was giggling .... TT and I were dressed in our collegiate attire modeled after you GB .... The HS sorority sisters that SHY belonged to were the models with the leotards .... in the dimly lit basement of BB's queen..... it was good that were were able to mess with the foxes and out fox BB ....

Goblue

Post Number: 2342
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BB never struck me as a real aggressive sort of guy...you two jerks were probably safe. I have to admit that I am somewhat envious of the escapade...but will console myself with memories of Belle Isle and SR.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1215
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: GB's memory is not that good, but he sure has a vivid imagination.

Goblue

Post Number: 2344
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: And...in the right cases...an excellent memory!

Eastside61

Post Number: 2037
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD/GB: another chapter in the book should be "favorite spots on the eastside where we could let our imagination run wild" .... it might even include Heilmann

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: With GB’s imagination encompassing make-believe loves in most of the Western hemisphere that could be the biggest chapter in the book.

Goblue

Post Number: 2349
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eat your hearts out suckers...I had a life...ya'll had your fantasies...and drools. There's a reason both of you have carpel tunnel in your right hands!

(Message edited by GoBlue on August 17, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 2044
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The truth shall set you free" ....... SHY was excellent ... but edith O ranks right up there as GB with SR does.... "What a wonderful time" EWE 1961 ...... Edith ....Edith ... where are you now??????

Goblue

Post Number: 2352
Posted on Sunday, August 17, 2008 - 11:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: The last I knew SR was in Bloomfield Hills...that was 25 years ago...sorta like SHY...she's out there somewhere.

Edith?...likely 5 kids...12 grandkids...280 lbs...stay with your memories!

Eastside61

Post Number: 2045
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Father ... Yes! "The memories" ... amazing .... "all done in a 54 Ford Customline 4 door" .......... The only car on the eastside that burned more oil than gas .....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1229
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 9:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: GB’s right. He had a life. He was run out of more places than we have ever been…. And quit talking about gas unless you want GB to start bragging on Tango again.

Goblue

Post Number: 2358
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Edith...Edith...that name rings a bell...WOW...wasn't she either the niece or daughter of Evelyn Fruend? My estimate of currently 280 lbs. is probably on the light side...she was likely 280 lbs. when ES had the hots for her.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2051
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Edith was a Burbank girl who lived back of SJS ...... Only King Kong - Ming the ruler of Mongo - Big Foot were related to E Fruend .... maybe????

Goblue

Post Number: 2364
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You lived dangerously...messin' with a girl from the other side of 7 Mile...near SJS...yer lucky none of them SJS Eastwooders grabbed you...they might have thrown marshmellows at you...and called you names.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1250
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: ES only dated Edith for the free marshmallows.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2060
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

E.O. was tasty for sure! Never needed to drive as far as the "Canal" side of BIsle........ I just hope that GB is totally wrong and that she has remained a attractive fox .... in her early 60's .... some of them must have made it! Right Father Banana Head ...

Goblue

Post Number: 2365
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: That's true...some of them must have made it...a few that I'm aware of did in wonderful fashion...they remain true foxes in their mid-late 60's...on the other hand...I also had some wonderful memories absolutely destroyed one time...I didn't even recognize her.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2061
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I still believe and follow your inspirational words to a tee... because you were a DHS lettermen in Golf ..... maybe we could have OD edit the list of Foxes / Totally destroyed from the golden era of Eastside Motown for the book..... we also need to talk via cell... may be this weekend will work .....

Goblue

Post Number: 2374
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 5:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'll try to give you a call Sat. morning.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2067
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Father BH: let me try to call you in the morning.....

Goblue

Post Number: 2378
Posted on Sunday, August 24, 2008 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Saturday is the day that comes after Friday...no wonder the highly skilled educator Evelyn Fruend required you to write the days of the week 1000 times.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2075
Posted on Monday, August 25, 2008 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what ....???? sorry! my chalk broke while writing on the board ...I am on number 43 of 1000 and I have slow motor processing speed .... give me a better time during the week to call so that we can discuss the award and other things of interest ....

Goblue

Post Number: 2382
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You always were EF's favorite...she probably let you off after only writing 43...for "good" behavior.

These days I'm putting in extra time with Tango and getting the trailer in shape for our trip...generally have the phone in my pocket.