Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through September 08, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1821
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was one of the 5 wins I was giving them this year. Shows how much I know

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3591
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

5? My goodness, you are a generous soul

Zitro

Post Number: 1822
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 4:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hopelessly optimistic

Jcole

Post Number: 3592
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I figured when they won in the pre-season, they were done for the year

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 323
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello :-)

Smiles And Hugs To All.

If there's a fire drill tomorrow, let's everyone line up on the opposite side they tell us to. Pass it on.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 430
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 9:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sarah McNanney and Robin Naninni? Sorry - been out of the loop since Friday.
Oh yeah of little faiths - the Lions are just getting organized - they'll be back next week - and we'll see a Victory! Not to worry. No jumping off the bandwagon, quite yet!

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1348
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 9:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure didn't see that one coming. Hopefully, Marinelli will get the men coached up on their tackling skills, and we can squeak out an upset against the packers.

Believe in now.

Zitro

Post Number: 1824
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll believe it when I see it.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1349
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, Thomas.

Zitro

Post Number: 1825
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, it's with good reason

7andkelly

Post Number: 1350
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Admittedly, my case would be better founded had their D-line not been so porous.

Jcole

Post Number: 3603
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your position would be better if we had beaten Atlanta.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 989
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 12:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just remember all..after the 21 points and Kitna's tirade Atlanta only scored 13 more points and Detroit scored 21 themselves.... so obviously adjustments were made and Super Bowls are still a goal *__* Can they win all the home games and steal one on the road?....................
CFG: Is the St. Jude Chapel still open during the day?

Kellyroad

Post Number: 990
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

-Ok folks, there are three pics left can't you see?...
Two with numbers, one under lock and key...
Your tour of Detroit is done for now, come back home and you'll discover how...
you've got to spin to win and maybe stand upside down...
then perhaps you'll see what I have found....
Add them to the four which have already been discovered...
If I think I'm a poet, I better take cover

Zitro

Post Number: 1826
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll give Marinelli credit, he could sell snow cones to an Eskimo. I don't think Rob Parker is going to be on his Christmas card list this year.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 991
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rob Parker and his peeps are crossed off many Christmas lists. His style of being a self-imposed antagonist sports gadfly is there for entertainment purposes. You'rer right about Marinelli, like his style. If he's more than a Millen puppet than he's got a variety of flavors for those snow cones. Maybe this is the Lion's year. We were suppose to take care of Atlanta...we didn't. but last year we were 6-2 then went 1-7...That's it!.... the Lions are in a Bizaro world...There's HOPE

(Message edited by kellyroad on September 08, 2008)

Zitro

Post Number: 1827
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That was the first time I heard him get defensive at a presser.

Jcole

Post Number: 3607
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is number one the beginning/end of a filmstrip?

Kellyroad

Post Number: 992
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 2:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: No
Observe the numbers carefully, the bottom number is obscured by speuclar highlights. Look at other markings near the number. Go for another spin.

Z: maybe Marinelli is beginning to feel what die-hard Lion fans have felt for the last 50 years...frustration

Zitro

Post Number: 1828
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know Mike Valenti is finally starting to understand

Kellyroad

Post Number: 993
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and Terry Foster and Drew Sharp, and Dan Miller, and Jim Brandstatter and...........

Zitro

Post Number: 1829
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny!

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 431
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR -No, church is locked during the day - and St. Jude Chapel is now the Eucharistic chapel which has the tabernacle on the altar. We did put the statue of St. Jude in the back of the church and some votive lights and a petition basket out front. It's a way for new folks to have some quiet time without searching for him. If you go to the Rectory, they'll be able to let you in for quiet prayers.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 994
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cfg: Thanks for the update...now I know where to go for a special intercession for the Lions.

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 432
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We'll be there - the two of us - side by side - novena prayer cards in hand - petitions placed in the basket - praying to our saint of Hopeless cases.....not that it would apply in this case, of course!

Zitro

Post Number: 1830
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like you guys care more about this team than the players do. I guess that's why they continue to sell the place out in spite of the talent on the field. It worked at Wrigley for years

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 433
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What can we say - hopelessly devoted...

Kellyroad

Post Number: 995
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 5:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG: You can add a few of those big candles too. Would you ask Fr. Bob to advance order a few cases of those large votive candles? I know, I know the intercession of St. Jude is meant for truly hopeless cases, of things despaired of...well you get my point.

Z: When you're the only game in town with a fat TV contract in the back pocket, what's the incentive to produce a contender? Add a game or two at Ford Field, sell more beer, more souvenirs?. Pride? a legacy?...come on!

Zitro

Post Number: 1831
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good point. What better than easy money?

Zitro

Post Number: 1832
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Football teams have their fans right by the short ones, because they sell so many season tickets, if you dare try to revolt and give up your tickets you know someone else will buy them. Then in the unlikely event they ever get good you're up a creek because you can't get tickets.