Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Heilmann Park Revisited.....Dawn of a new day » Archive through September 07, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 2080
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I now feel bad that I should have embraced her great teaching and concern for children more" .....(BARF) That bitch should have been rolled out of the district after about 3 months as a beginning teacher.....how sad she got paid for screwing up children for years...

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2384
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Absolutely true! How could that sorry excuse for a teacher have been tolerated? Why didn't the administration step up and fire her sorry ass...they didn't even have to contend with tenure or union contracts...they could have just kicked her fat ass out...instead they inflicted her on kids for years and years. Shame on all of them!

Eastside61

Post Number: 2085
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She will only get minor status (three sentences) in the book the bitch!

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1283
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 9:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: You owe EF a great deal of gratitude. She taught you what to expect from the worst teaching has to offer and better prepared you for your career as an education superintendent….. Hope all goes well for you and Tango on your trip. We just got back from a couple days in Petoskey to see if the environment up there was any better for DR’s asthma than home. No luck. She was just as sick up there as down here…. Don’t worry about the forums while you’re gone. ES and I will keep them active for you.

Goblue

Post Number: 2391
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 1:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Thanks...I've sent a message to Lowell asking him to shut this thread down for a couple of weeks...the thought of you two unchecked is scary.

We leave next week...should be a good trip...the only point of concern is the long pull across the Navajo Rez...the roads aren't the best but the alternative adds a couple of hours to an already long trip. Sorry to hear about DR...thought she did better up north...really sorry to hear that.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2089
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 1:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: also sorry to hear about DR and that Petoskey was not a good match. In other news we will be able to keep hope alive on the thread as Tango and GB do their dancing with the star retreat

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1293
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don’t know if DR’s problems were natural or man made environmental issues. The smell of the chlorine from the hotel’s pool just about knocked you over when you walked into the lobby. I know that didn’t help. But I was somewhat disillusioned with Petoskey anyway. It’s been awhile since we were last there, and the recent development seems to have robbed it of much of its charm. We drove down to TC but DR didn’t feel well enough to look around…. ES: If we get up there again sometime what would be the best areas in or around TC to check?

GB: It might not hurt to take the longer route just to be safe. We wouldn’t want anything to happen to Tango.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2093
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: My brother and wife live on what i would call the peninsula which divides the bay in half. A very nice residential area .... back of Northwest Michigan College campus..... quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the main drag (M 72 M 31) ...... Growth in TC is now to the south end towards the new airport.....

I remember a great dancer named BO TANGO... right?

Goblue

Post Number: 2393
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Tango can dance...Tango can canter...Tango can do a 4 beat gait...the boy can do it all...when he's in the mood. I've decided to take the long route...I appreciate the concern for Tango...we'll go I-40 (Route 66) to Gallup and then north to Pagosa Springs. There's no cell service on the Rez...you got a problem you in big trouble.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2096
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Will Tango drive??? and I hope he brings his new cell phone.... and which one of you holds the actual dance card ... is it like those dime a dance places that you GB used to frequent after going to class at WSU????

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1299
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Your brother and your wife live together? What does his wife have to say about that? I’ll be sure to check out that area if/when we get up to TC again. Thanks.

GB: The route back from TC to I-75 passes right through downtown Grayling. Ray's Canoe Livery where we used to rent the canoes for the Au Sable trips is still there….. Glad you decided to take the safe route. I was having visions of a horse trailer laced with arrows and turned over on the side of the road, a horse that looked a lot like Tango with Indian markings on his side and feathers in his mane, and a colony of ants feasting on something that looked like a big ball half buried in the sand.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2101
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its a Mapleridge thing .... Brother (TE) does actually live with his wife (DE) in TC .... maybe it was all the initials that got me confused .... but they individually work for MSU and NMC ...

Does Tango also know how to canoe? I thought that I also saw him at Ray's this summer too ... there was a POW Wow in Grayling in August .....

Goblue

Post Number: 2400
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: The E's get confused easily...at least the younger two do...but, they are a very close family so...who knows who is living with whom...you know those Spartans.

The Rez is Navajo Nation...they are a very peaceful people...not to worry about Tango's safety...besides, we go on such adventures armed. I-40 to Gallup, New Mexico...right past the guy standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona...a mighty fine place to be. I may see if I can get that published as a song.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2105
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 2:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you guys go in a corvette???? .... what route was that??????

route 69

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1303
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Navajos may be peaceful, but who knows what they might do if they learn you are buying Tango's blankets from U of M instead of from them.

Goblue

Post Number: 2401
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tango is a great horse...we just got back in from a three hour ride on the Deep Well Ranch (a neighbor's 50 sq. miles)...but...the vast majority of Navajo rugs/blankets are too good to put on his back...we have one on the floor of the family room...but the others are for display. There are quarterly auctions of rugs in Crownpoint on the rez...just north of Gallup...see me your money guys and I'll go bid for you.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2106
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 5:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe the Navajo's can start making Utah blankets .... Big sellers in the AA area..... Nice start once again! Go Banana (blew)

Goblue

Post Number: 2408
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Besso mi cullo! Did MSU open with Alma, Olivet, or Albion this year...I know it wasn't Kalamazoo College...they're way too tough.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1310
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: I'm sending you a dollar. Get me a U of M blanket at the auction. You can keep the change..... I expect the banana helmets to get better as the year goes on and they get more comfortable with the new offensive scheme. MSU, on the other hand, will be stuck with Hoyer for the whole year.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2112
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 1:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We BIG We Bad and we got beat by CAL in Berkley.....70,000 and a great night for all even though we lost .... GO Green! OD once again you are risking it all by joining up with Fr. BHead ... we can start the banter if you wish......but I will need points ( Ha Ha)

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1318
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: No banter intended. I'm just not that impressed with Hoyer. He has some good games, but he's not consistent.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2115
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whew! thanks OD..... MSU needs a running attack or it will be another 6 -6 season.... and the recycled Bronco Boy will be mouthing off once again ..... Has WMU eliminated football ????

OH! I (MSU) still need points .... for most games .... but I am happy that Utah took the u OF m out!

Goblue

Post Number: 2409
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Let's see.....isn't this going to be the 18th 6W 6L season in a row for MSU?....I lost count after a dozen. Enjoy the September chortle...we'll see who's in a major bowl game in January.

You got it OD...I'll get your blanket for you...will even cover the difference...on the other hand...saw an MSU blanket the other day when I was dropping donation stuff off at the Salvation Army shop...a homeless guy was sleeping on it but I bet he'd sell it for a twenty-five cent piece...lots of those on the MSU campus.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1328
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was it Lloyd or Bo who said about bowl games… “It’s better to have played and lost than never to have played at all.”?

Goblue

Post Number: 2413
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: It wasn't Bo...must have been Lloyd. Oh well, MSU can aim for the Cigar Bowl in Havana.

Leaving in the A.M....you boys behave yourselves...ya'll heah!

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1337
Posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008 - 8:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Happy trails pardner. Don't let Tango throw you.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2118
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tango is the driver for sure .... In fact last year Tango Flew to colorado .... while GB tool the Trailways Special ....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1347
Posted on Friday, September 05, 2008 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Just as I was afraid of… all the other horses started mocking Tango when they saw GB unloading him from the banana trailer. I hope their razzing doesn’t distract him and cause him to throw GB again. Even though GB wears his mini banana helmet under his Stetson, why take the chance?

Eastside61

Post Number: 2122
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 2:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: the other horses just know that GB is one odd duck .... the EXTRA SMALL banana helmet .... the pointed Italian high heel shoes instead of boots and the speedo don't seem to be very equestrian ...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1362
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I didn’t know the class included swim suit competition training and that Tango had to wear matching shoes and speedo too. At least they allowed GB to use his memory foam saddle and purple silk chaps to reduce chafing.