Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through September 14, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3712
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG, you're not over-matched. We just have more time to hone our skills. Or at least I do.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1914
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Make sure your resume's are up to date everyone. I have a feeling the pissants on ES will be asking for them soon.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 444
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just want you to know I'm keeping an eye on all of you from the northern tip of the UP. Sitting on the motel deck overlooking Lake Fanny Hooe (that's HO to all you Detroiters. Smoking a good cigar & watching the Harley folk get tuned up.

Be home Sunday evening.

Diane, hope all is well for you in Houston.

Jcole

Post Number: 3714
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EB, a cigar is just a cigar...
I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. It's raining to beat hell down here. Gonna stay the way all weekend.
What's it like up there?

Eastburn

Post Number: 445
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rainy yesterday. Perfect today. 70 & sunny.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1382
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, EB. How's UP Yours? I'm sure you're enjoying your stogie.

We were trying to behave while you were gone. We really were. Actually, we accumulated up all you could have gotten for being absent, and tossed it in another direction. That doesn't mean you were forgotten...just so you know.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1383
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hopefully Diane got out of harm's way in time.

Eastburn

Post Number: 446
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One of our cats has gone missing in our absence. My wife is getting frantic, We may try blasting all the way home tomorrow if she doesn't doesn't show up, Please say a prayer that she comes home. You know how old folks can get about their pets.

Jcole

Post Number: 3715
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I went to Denver, I was prepared at any moment to fly home if my 14 1/2 year old dog died. If that makes me old, so be it.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1384
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe she's in the house. Get someone to rattle a cheese slice package or turn on the can opener. If that doesn't work, turn on the can opener with the windows open.

Safe driving!

My good friend St. Anthony has been alerted.

Zitro

Post Number: 1915
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Safe return home EB. I had a cat who was gone for almost 2 weeks once and she showed up. Very bedraggled because she was a house cat but she found her way back when I had just about given up after littering the neighborhood with flyers. So keep the faith.

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 334
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PLEASE PRAY FOR ME. I AM IN IKE'S DIRECT PATH IN SOUTHWEST HOUSTON AND HAVE NO MONEY TO GET A ROOM ANYWHERE OUT OF TOWN AND VERY LITTLE FOOD AND THE KITCHEN HERE IS UNUSABLE COMPLETELY. I HAVE NEVER BEEN THROUGH ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE AND I AM SCARED. I AM TERRIFIED OF THE DARK AND THERE ARE SO MANY NASTY BUGS IN HERE. IT IS A TERRIBLE PLACE I LIVE IN. PLEASE PRAY EVERYONE AND I WILL BE IN TOUCH AS I CAN. GOD BLESS YOU.
DIANE
aertimyz.moon@yahoo.com
Houston, TX 77071

Ravine
Username: Ravine

Post Number: 2736
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diane, Good Jesus! Just your post, on its own, is terrifying! Are you alone? Do you have a radio with batteries? Cell phone?
Prayers: You got it

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 1041
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine, I agree
Diane: PLEASE keep us posted regarding your plight. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong. Hopefully, Ike and any follow up weather will subside quickly.
A prayer to our patron Saint Jude could help.

Zitro

Post Number: 1916
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 10:50 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Go Wolverines! Go Clones!

Jcole

Post Number: 3721
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is anyone else having email issues? I can receive but not send. I'm wondering if the problems in Houston are causing relay issues.

Zitro

Post Number: 1918
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 11:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you getting mine?

Jcole

Post Number: 3722
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 11:57 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have recieved yours, but was having trouble sending to you. It seems to be intermittant. Have you gotten anything from me in the past 1/2 hour?

Zitro

Post Number: 1919
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing: Check out the SJ FB page. I put something on there I think you were looking for.

Diane12163

Post Number: 335
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine and Kellyroad---Thank you for your prayers. I do have a roommate. Our power did go out for a couple hours but, God gave us a miracle and it came back on. I feel so blessed especially since nearly 1,000,000 are without power. We had a battery radio and we have a mobile. The landline was still working even without power being on. Things are settled here a bit but, we still have the backside of it and tornado warnings to go. God is with us and we'll be alright with Him. God bless you for your thoughts and prayers.

Ravine

Post Number: 2739
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diane, please check back in, if you can. Still sending good thoughts your way.

Eastburn

Post Number: 447
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Covered 600 miles straight through from Copper Harbor in 11 hours today. 4 short gas stops. Rain all the way from the bridge home.

15 minutes after we got home, Margaret came strolling up the driveway.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts.

Diane, my little problem is nothing compared to yours. You're in my prayers.

Thanks for sparing me in my absence. Now that I'm back-------------

Jcole

Post Number: 3737
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad you got home okay. We won't pick on you til you dry out some.

Zitro

Post Number: 1921
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES had given us plenty of fodder lately, he's an easier target anyway, but don't get too comfortable

7andkelly

Post Number: 1385
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome home to you and your wife EB...and Margaret!

Thank you once again, St. Anthony.

Diane12163

Post Number: 336
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ravine and Eastburn----Thank you. I am so blessed that we have power right now. Our food isn't the greatest. I'd love a Cloverleaf right now all deep dishy and loaded with meats, onions and green peppers. Glad to know you're ok Eastburn.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1387
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diane, what happened to your food?

Ravine

Post Number: 2741
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear lady, I'm very pleased to see your post. Sorry to hear about the food, but food is valuable in the same way that money is valuable: it's important, you need it, and you hate to lose it, but you should be able to get more of it.
It doesn't work that way with Time.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1388
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sure was rainy here today, and tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same. Not sure why so many people are still running their automatic sprinklers, but it's a little overkill, IMO. It was a great day for ducks and sump pump sellers.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1389
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 7:59 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diane, almost anywhere else would be a huge upgrade to the squalid conditions you describe. Hopefully when you get yourself on assistance, your social worker will get you the hell out of there, and without the "sweet man". If I had your address, I would call social services and animal control myself!

In the meantime, might I suggest you use some of that hot tap water and do some housecleaning. Start with the fridge.