Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Heilmann Park Revisited.....Dawn of a new day » Archive through September 17, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 1920
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 7:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: If you left you card at George's that's means you've been on the run since the McCarthy era. You must have been incognito as an American

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1386
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 9:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Incognito, and infiltrating our school system along with his commie friend..."the enemy within"...thankfully they were both so incompetent.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 2143
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: I am back in town for a few days ... what if we meet on the corner of Fairview and Goethe .... lets say around 7:30 Sunday night ...

7: Calm down 7 .... You still have no clue about the real world ...

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1400
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Shouldn’t GB be back soon? I hope he didn’t forget to get our blankets at the auction.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2144
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Was that the reason they went to CO to learn how to make faux Native American blankets ....???

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1405
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: He’s going to add a personal touch to our blankets by making them himself instead of buying them? What a great guy!

Eastside61

Post Number: 2151
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 6:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: In the winter he and 7 do knitting together ... at the UPS salon ... 7 has taken over the 3rd chair until December. GB (1st) Howie (2nd) 7 (3rd - good going 7) 4th Kwame

Zitro

Post Number: 1924
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 7:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I can't find that corner in Iowa, that must be why you were filled with false bravado.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2153
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Get on the next flight ... I am staying with friends just down the street .... about three doors down from Mack .... Are you close to Council Bluffs ? I sometimes hang out with family in Omaha ..... Let me know your plans ..... Nothing false about true Eastsiders ... hope to hear from you soon! Regards ES

Zitro

Post Number: 1925
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 9:30 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: As tempting as that sounds, if I want to be bored to tears with Commie crap I'll buy the New York Times, read it and let my dog take a dump on it for good luck.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1410
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 11:05 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: GB just sent me an original Navajo blanket. Said it set him back a bundle. What a great guy. Do you know where China, AZ is? The tag on the back says made in China.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2154
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: It used to be called Prescott ....

Z: If we talk about the Eastisde we won't be bored .... bring your dog .... Sounds like you never were very good at cheering "Lean to the Left ....... "

Zitro

Post Number: 1935
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Leaning to left is one thing, falling over blind drunk in that direction serves no purpose, Comrade

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1412
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 8:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I guess that explains the fried rice and fortune cookie that came with the blanket.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2158
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: What kind of beverage can I bring that you like????? I only got wasted once at the Olympia in 1968 .... GO Wings and I am glad to this day that I got back home safely .... we can even talk politics if you want..... your bent on things will be interesting to hear.....please stay in touch and I have always liked Iowa.... Your Friend Comrade Eastside 61.

OD: Ever been to Iowa?

Zitro

Post Number: 1942
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad you made it back safely ES, I enjoy having a human pinata around. One thing I don't like to drink is Kool-Aid.

Zitro

Post Number: 1943
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As far as discussing politics, maybe you should wait until your backup goblowyourself comes back. I'm pretty sure it's going to take a week or so for his BP to calm down after reading these posts. Don't want to give the old fart a heart attack. Plus, I think it's a 14 hour time difference from Moscow to here. I'm sure he has all kinds of pics with him,Tango & Putin he wants to share with you & OD

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1419
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 10:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Once about 40 years ago for a conference at U of Iowa. But we spent all our time on campus, so I didn’t get to see much. I’ve thought about seeing the Amana Colonies sometime, but I’ve been to the PA Amish country and I’m guessing it’s probably about the same.

Zitro

Post Number: 1945
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: A common misperception is that the Amana Colonies are Amish. In fact they are a derivative of German Lutherans. They live simple lives as do the Amish, but they use electricity and most other modern conveniences.
I live in Ames home of Iowa State University so I have 2 reasons to hate U of I, First the are in the Big Ten so they are enemies of Michigan, Second, they are the "other" school in this state.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3791
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 11:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z, do the Amana colonies still have a lot of people living there? I was under the impression that it was more of a historical village, like Strawberry Banke in New Hampshire, or Mystic Seaport in Massachussets.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 452
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or Almont?

Jcole

Post Number: 3792
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I said historical, not hysterical

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 453
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You are quick.

Jcole

Post Number: 3793
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Better than being dead

Eastside61

Post Number: 2159
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: You remain funny .... and interesting to say the least. I am sure that Tango of the AZ horse fame was able to look into Putin's eyes just like spinal cord W did .... we would like to have you share more about what it is like in Iowa ..... didn't Obama do well in your state? Can women vote in Iowa .... ? Or do you still want to elect old white guys like yourself who still think that women do not have the right to choose .... that would be my first guess about you.... but us millennial's might be too progressive for you..... you actually grew up in the same neighborhood on the eastside I think .... have fun and may the Spartans crush all big ten opponents and the little golden dome boys this weekend...... see you on Fairview just below Mack when you are back in town.....

Eastside61

Post Number: 2162
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: since Z is mad at me I do have a SJS question and you are a true historian for that school. What was the highest enrollment that SJS ever had ?????? and did the catholic schools on the eastside have boundaries like PS did? Thanks ....

Zitro

Post Number: 1946
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JC: Yes there are people living in the Amana Colonies still and there are quite a few in the surrounding area. Maytag has a huge plant there where they make? Amana appliances of course. They employ about 2500 people there.

Zitro

Post Number: 1947
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 9:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: You make references that I'm mad at you. Quite the contrary dear Comrade. My heart bleeds for you with sympathy, not in the sense that you are used to but from a humanitarian standpoint, something you obviously know nothing about.

While it is tempting to want to reply to each of your thrusts, I decided that the lame effort in which you want to categorize me shows how shallow your debating tactics are and feel they should stand on their own merit or lack there of.

Have a shot of Stoly for me today when the meds wear off.

Jcole

Post Number: 3797
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 9:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES, I don't know the exact highest enrollment, but, estimating from my 8th grade year in 1970, there were about 50 in a classroom, and 4 classrooms per grade, I'd say around 1600. KR would have a better idea. I'll ask.
Back then, the boundaries were the Parish boundaries, and you had to be a member of the parish to attend. I'm pretty sure as church attendance shrunk, this changed.,

Zitro

Post Number: 1952
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Just out of curiosity, how would know that I'm a "white guy"?