Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » 2008 Lions Football » Archive through September 21, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 985
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a pathetic display, 21-3 @home @halftime.

On pace to give up 500 yards of offense again today.

Like taking candy from a baby.

I wonder if Rod Marinated will pull a Bobby Loss, and quit mid-season, after taking a drive around "Lake Orchard"??

(Message edited by Flanders_field on September 14, 2008)

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 546
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 2:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think he will be fired 1/2 way thru the season. The Lyin's will say he resigned.

Izzyindetroit
Username: Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 72
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't talk to soon! Megatron just tore it up!

24 GB 25 DET

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 986
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yawn...41-25 as the Lions yet again are yanking defeat from the jaws of victory!!

Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 73
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kitna just single handedly destroyed my fantasy stats. *sigh* I guess I should have followed my gut and started Rodgers.

Orlovski is in now.

Gnome
Username: Gnome

Post Number: 1860
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thatmiserablestupidcocksucking motherfuckingasssuckingbastard , kitna. I hateyouihateyourfaceyourfamily andeverythingyouhaveevertouche dyoumiserabledirtyfucker.

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 975
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gnome,
You need one of them foam bricks to throw at your tv. I'd let you have mine, but if Kitna starts next week I'll need it again.

Royce
Username: Royce

Post Number: 2798
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As long as you have a second-rate quarterback in Kitna, then the Lions won't be going anywhere, period.

Blksoul_x
Username: Blksoul_x

Post Number: 325
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bad play calling from the offensive-coaches late in the game lost this game!

The playbook has to be reduced in the 4th Quarter for John Kitna to be productive.

In Kitna, the Lions do not have a bad Quarterback, but as a coaching staff, they have to understand the ability of each player in key and timely 'game' situations...ie; 3rd and shorts, 2 minute drills, 4th quarter drives...KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Relying on John Kitna to drive you down the field with complicated passing schemes is simply BAD play calling.

Point in case, look how Green bay used Aaron Rogers late in the game. They rolled him out, he threw 'safe' passes and controlled the game. Aaron' numbers are magnified because of 2 long slant patterns(quick throws), nothing complicated.

Kitna is the best Quarterback on the team...I certainly don't want to see Don Orslowky and Chad Henning in the game!

blksoul_atcha!
Obama 08'

Daddeeo
Username: Daddeeo

Post Number: 98
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Typical Lions... they suck you in and then let you down. After all these years, words are starting to fail me while trying to describe this organization.

Lilpup
Username: Lilpup

Post Number: 5172
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 6:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kitna sucks - always tries to be the hero but ends up throwing bad passes or hanging onto the ball way too long. I hope the other guys start getting game time soon.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 548
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My Oh My, Same old Lyin's. Again and again and again and again and again, times 45 more. Drew Sharp, Pat Caputo, Sportstalk radio today, even Lilpup, say this season is over. Just think, after only 2 games. They only have one star player that you can count on, Jason Hansen.

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 378
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hansen preps as soon as the Lion's take possession. Man, I haven't laughed so hard, or so long, as to predict the next fumbling Lion's play. Tears was dripping out me eyes. Cheap biere was snuffin out my nose.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 1011
Posted on Sunday, September 14, 2008 - 11:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its hard to be a fan!

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8782
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can wholeheartedly agree with you there, Defendbrooklyn. This team of ours here give us hope every year or at least glimpses of hope and yet fails to deliver somehow someway. To me they're kind of like a discobobulated engine- they have the pieces, some fit, some don't, it fires up from time to time, has moments of speed, backfires occasionally, breaks down at inopportune times, and yet never stays consistent enough to really make a break for things.

As much as we kvetch about them week after week, they're still our Lions. If we truly didn't care at some level- we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Greebomusic
Username: Greebomusic

Post Number: 12
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 12:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Lions are the best touch football team in the entire NFL

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 10356
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 12:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahh yes. Marinelli and his "this is unacceptable" statements. "Unacceptable in going down 21-0".
Gee wasn't that the SAME score that started last weeks game as well?

I am tired of Marinelli's quips and pre-made answers to questions. We all know what he is going to say but I would rather action on the field over talk, talk, talk!

Maybe he can go have a drink with the 'ol geezer and Millen and they can have a big love-fest with each other.

I really think alcoholism is contagious because ever since I could drink I have become more of a drunk because of the Lion's. Thanks for the disease old man Ford!

My 5-11 prediction is looking better each week.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8793
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goat, I feel for ya there, but in a strange way I feel for Rod Marinelli in this case too. What is he supposed to say as the leader of this group when he's at the press conference? The flip side to his ready made quips is he starts coaching through the media and that never turns out well. I'm not excusing the play and performance of the team but given the circumstances where the NFL insists that the coach has to have a presser after the game, I'm not sure there's much he could say under the circumstances. It's not an enviable position at all.

Bongman
Username: Bongman

Post Number: 1605
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'er nothing against Jason, but we haven't exactly seen him make key kicks in pressure situations over the last 10 years. He could be a choker....not that we'd ever know.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 10357
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smogboy you are right but this DEFENSE is Marinelli's. After all he did keep 11 players on the defense, the most out of all of the teams in the entire NFL!

Personally Berry needs to go plain and simple. But according to Marinelli, he is o.k. with the defense as he told us during the press conference today.

Once Berry is gone then Colleto should be following soon after...

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 3:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

coaching changes will not make a difference...The team is weak and not very talented. They need talent.

I'm officially sick of Rod... Same message after each game...

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1165
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Matt, where am I"

Daddeeo

Post Number: 102
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2008 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is like a train wreck week after week. You know you shouldn't look but you just can't help yourself. I never realized how true the Peter Principle was until Matt Millen came along.
The coach is starting to remind me of Sgt. Schultz from Hogan's Heroes. It would be better if he could get away with the "I know nothing" after each loss when asked to explain how they blew another game.

Rb336
Username: Rb336

Post Number: 7648
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs .dll/article?AID=/20080916/SPO RTS01/809160385/&imw=Y

from ESPN:

"This team is just atrocious and Matt Millen is a walking football atrocity. He is the worst executive, in my opinion, in the history of team sports.

"He is flat-out garbage. The fact that he is allowed to have a job, the fact that he is allowed to walk though the streets of Detroit to enter Ford Field is an abomination in and of itself.

"There should be barricades keeping this man out of the city limits. He should not be allowed to be employed by the Detroit Lions. He is a disgrace of the highest order.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 520
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 5:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why don't the Lions talk to Donte Culpepper. I think he would be the best thing for the Lions and at this point it wouldn"t hurt. After that performance by Kitna, and that sorry ass secondary, I think the Lions might go 0-16. Marinelli is just too damn soft. After Kitna took off his helmet, he sould've been fired right then and there. No emotion from our Head Coach says alot. It says he doesn't have a clue as to which direction he needs to move this team.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 556
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marinelli is a terrible, terrible head coach. His record is 10W and 24 or 25L.

Daddeeo

Post Number: 115
Posted on Thursday, September 18, 2008 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It would take a miracle to get to .500 this year. Just a matter of when the coach will go.

Rob_in_warren
Username: Rob_in_warren

Post Number: 146
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 8:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rb336, while I hate Steven A. Smith, at least he took the time to say something about the Lions. Most analysts don't even think about the Lions much less waste air time on them.

Ggores
Username: Ggores

Post Number: 387
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 10:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 88
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any predictions on the point spread today??