Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through September 21, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J, so that's why I didn't see you when we were at Blake's in Almada. Nice day for a hay ride, but the pumpkins aren't ready yet. The leaves aren't dry. In fact they're still green. Still some raspberries for the picking, and of course lots of apples! The 100% fresh cider and the cimmanin donuts were delicious.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 2007
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone remember Papa Luigi's?

Zitro

Post Number: 2008
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TS/CFG you had to buy some Mod clothes a this place.

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 361
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do I Eva! :-) I loved Papa Luigi's. They always had the Sicilian deep dish and put extra dollops of sauce on top. My fave was basic pepperoni square. If I had to pick my top four, it would be:
1. Papa Luigi's :-)
2. Cloverleaf :-)
3. Buscemi's :-)
4. Mr. C's :-)

Zitro---You know, of course now you have to send a Papa Luigi's down to me in Houston. My tastebuds can't be emptily tempted without being satisfied.:-)

Zitro

Post Number: 2009
Posted on Saturday, September 20, 2008 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diane the best I can do from Ames is Papa Johns, Papa Murphys or send you an old Nintendo 64 Mario game with Luigi in it

7andkelly

Post Number: 1428
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 12:10 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My fave five pizzas are as follows:
Bucilli's in Prudenville
Buddy's
Shield's
Pizza Hut Deep Dish
Little Sleazer's

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 466
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I was in high school I worked at Tina's Pizza on Harper between 7 & Cadieux. Best pizza I ever had. It was owned by a great guy, John Imbrunonni. Both are long gone now.

Diane12163
Username: Diane12163

Post Number: 362
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 4:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Zitro---If Luigi is in the Mario game, maybe he wants out. Being stuck in that small game cassette has got to be claustrophobic. I'd let him out if I were you. Maybe he'd like a Papa John's Pizza, too. I like Papa John's, get it all the time here in Houston.

Zitro

Post Number: 2010
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dave's DN is posted, they messed up the spelling so it's under D

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 468
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 12:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's in the Vs in the Freep. Not much to it.

Zitro

Post Number: 2011
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: When do the Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings get to raise their flag at the Joe? It sure is nice to have a World Champion in the city. Not everyone can say that.

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3845
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Probably at the first home game of the upcoming World Championship season here in Hockeytown

Zitro

Post Number: 2012
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 1:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone remember The Bow Rack?

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3849
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Where was Next Door located? There used to be a head shop next to the party store on Kelly and Huntington. We used to walk by it on our way home from school. The party store sold slices, and the head shop sold, well, head shop stuff.

Zitro

Post Number: 2019
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eastland & Macomb Mall

Zitro

Post Number: 2022
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In homage to another baseball cathedral biting the dust tonight. Even though I've always hated the Yankees I respect the great history of they franchise. I'm sure there is no jealousy involved.

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 193
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

z, you know how much that shrine is actually worth? I have that same card, but no signed ball and don't know if that pic is signed. you could start your kids in school.

Zitro

Post Number: 2023
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing: Check out my FB albums for few more items.

Campfire_girl
Username: Campfire_girl

Post Number: 468
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of course I remember shopping there - but I couldn't tell you where it was in the Mall. I think the Bow Rack was owned by the Burghams - friends of my brother.
PS - Lions are just backing up to make the end of the season more exciting

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 469
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did anyone else go to Eastland Mall when Joe D was signing? I still have the 2 bballs that I got signed. There was quite a line!

Zitro

Post Number: 2024
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes: Yogi's sig is to the right but the flash blinds it. I got his and Whitey Fords' at the Bob Feller Museum in Van Meter Iowa

Zitro

Post Number: 2025
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CFG: I think that bump just turned into a hill, one more loss in a row and it will be a mountain. I'm sure Marinelli will explain it all away in the presser tomorrow

Campfire_girl

Post Number: 470
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I recognize quite a few of those signatures. Remember when Steve Busby and Nolan Ryan both threw no hitters at TS a few weeks apart. Got both their autographs after the games. Yaz was also a gentleman and very friendly. Betty and I would make him Kruschekes and take them to the game - Boston was usually in town for Polish night. Nothing like the early 70s and baseball at TS!

Zitro

Post Number: 2026
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh so you're the one responsible for his clogged arteries. Classic story about that Ryan no-no, Norm Cash went to the clubhouse and took a wooden leg off a table and came to bat with it. I loved Stormin' Norman

Zitro

Post Number: 2027
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing how did you get so lucky to have your QB get hurt? That's what the Loins need.

12468_laing

Post Number: 194
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

z, i will check out the pictures. as i sit in our family room, i look at one of my prized possessions - all the 68 tigers baseball cards in a frame. still have a letter denny mclain wrote me in an answer to mine when he was in prison the first time. may have said it before, my dad was one year behind lou boudreau - denny's father in law. dad knew lou pretty well - double dated back in the day. anyway, as for our qb situation on the titans, don't think young will ever be back. why would he? a high priced prospect at best looks at the team and they are doing better than they ever did with him. just comes to prove, old age and treatchery will out do youth and skill every time. and, couldn't ask for a better slide down the standings than what ohio state is experiencing. hate those guys.

12468_laing

Post Number: 195
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

z, i met norm cash down here in tn at a pro-am golf tournament back in '84 i think. had a big dinner one night i was lucky enough to be there. we talked about the table leg incident - had some laughs. funny thing, roger maris was at the same table, and like a dummy, i got cash's autograph, and not maris.

12468_laing

Post Number: 196
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and for you baseball trivia experts, didn't roger maris play for the cardinals in 68 against the tigers?

Zitro

Post Number: 2028
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 9:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes he did.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1430
Posted on Sunday, September 21, 2008 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

J is absolutely correct. Banner raising day for the reigning Stanley Cup Champion Detroit Red Wings is scheduled for opening day of the regular season, Thursday, October, 9, 2008 vs. the make believes from Toronto.