Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Eastwood memories » Eastwood memories - Archives » Archive through September 12, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1275
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: Must have been on the block between Salter and Morang... where the hoodlums lived.

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2380
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: You got it...it was nice and dark under those elms that crowned the street...we were having a good time until the thugs showed up...thank God I always had a fire extinguisher in the car...you should have seen them running home crying trying to get that stuff out of their eyes.

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 2078
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 1:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do remember a Sunliner parked on Mapleridge .... that was cool. but the real Q is who was inside that Sunliner with GB? GB - we know you dated two 59 cheerleaders ... so which one would remember Mapleridge?

Goblue

Post Number: 2387
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The true Queen of the Tar Cheerleaders...the one and only gorgeous SR.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2084
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whew! I was getting worried for Tango.....remember you will be bunking with him.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1282
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 9:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Wasn’t it shortly after the GB episodes on Mapleridge that the Elms started dying?

Goblue

Post Number: 2388
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 1:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee....ya think that battery acid caused 'em to die?

Eastside61

Post Number: 2086
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought that it was from various condoms left next to the elms ...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1292
Posted on Friday, August 29, 2008 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it was from the sludge GB picked up on his tires when he took his dates to Zug Island to watch the moonlight glimmering on the slime ponds.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2092
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: GB Killed our Elms! why would he do such a thing? I wonder who he took to Zug? was it HT? if so that would be considered slimy!

Goblue

Post Number: 2394
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Be careful...the next thing you know ES will be trying to sell you an investment lot on Zug.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2094
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 2:46 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I knew about Zug from those who jumped out of my car at the Belle Isle bridge and they swam past it on their way to Cleveland and jobs as teachers when GB was in town recruiting...

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1298
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: He must have netted them as they swam up the Cuyahoga to spawn.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2100
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: WHo told you??? GB once again has let his big mouth spill the recruiting system that kept his various districts supplied with new teaching talent........

Goblue

Post Number: 2397
Posted on Sunday, August 31, 2008 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES/OD: Actually a-holes...I was a recruiter for the WWPS...my assigned territory was Kentucky...not truly the South...but close enough at the time.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2102
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WWPS = Wimpy Whiteguy Pimp Students .... Oh! one of those 706 spin offs...... WWPS - that couldn't be a suburb north of 8 mile ? Home of the White Rappers ...... and 7 and K

Goblue

Post Number: 2403
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 4:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Farther north than "north of 8 Mile"...more like around Ten Mile & Schoenherr.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2109
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

10 and Schoenherr reminds me a lot of the Goethe and Fairview and the 5th Precinct area .... "Down Home neighborhood" make sure you are out of the neighborhood by 4:30 when the social workers head for their home in the WW school district area....

Goblue

Post Number: 2405
Posted on Monday, September 01, 2008 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah...you're right...WW was not exactly a multi-ethnic community...fast growing (due to white flight)...great professional opportunities...but not a multi-cultural experience. Didn't get that until I moved to B'ham, AL for a post doc experience in '72.

(Message edited by GoBlue on September 01, 2008)

Eastside61

Post Number: 2111
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GB: all is forgiven .... it's an EASTSIDE thing ... we have put up the good fight and written a few resumes .... even that dork 7 could not match...... Rock ON Obama!

Goblue

Post Number: 2410
Posted on Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amen Brother...AMEN! This Palin thing is just another example of McCain's inability to make decisions. Once a loser always a loser...5 years as a POW does not a president make...anymore than a drunk on a bar stool has for the last 7+ years.

(Message edited by GoBlue on September 02, 2008)

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1354
Posted on Saturday, September 06, 2008 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I just got some mail from the GB ranch foreman. Seems the missus had the G–Bar–B brand burned into Tango’s and GB’s rumps before they left so the instructor could match them up if they got separated in class. Whoever did the branding was a pro… perfect delineation between the hair and skin. You should see the picture. Tango and GB are both in it. Only problem is it doesn’t show the faces so you don’t know which is which.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2121
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 2:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: GB that silly guy ... but since he is of Greek ancestry ... He was always bending over in most of the pictures ....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1361
Posted on Sunday, September 07, 2008 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: GB is very particular about how he looks in pictures and makes sure the photographer always catches his best side.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2124
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: I thought that GB was over that fixation about his beauty ... I think that he and Howie did go to beauty school together as part of their WMU higher education program.....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1371
Posted on Tuesday, September 09, 2008 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I believe he wrote his thesis on “Equine Beauty Enhancement” and earned his BS (Beauty Shop) degree in the same class with HT.... I hope he and Tango remember to use water resistant makeup in the swimsuit competition.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2131
Posted on Wednesday, September 10, 2008 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: If I remember right - both Howie and GB opened a shop on the eastside somewhere close to where 7&K lives - like right next door or maybe even in 7's house .... I think you can still find it on google earth ...... the Urban Prairie beauty salon.

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1381
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 8:36 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They were the original UPS (Urban Prairie Salon)

Eastside61

Post Number: 2135
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OD: Yes..you are right and I still see there mobile fleet of beauty salons around .... I like the stylish brown motif ....

Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1388
Posted on Friday, September 12, 2008 - 8:33 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You can thank GB for the motif. HT wanted pastels with paisley interior, but GB said "Brown is better.”