Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia » St. Jude Church/School Nostalgia - Archives » Archive through October 07, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Jcole
Username: Jcole

Post Number: 3980
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 12:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Man, I don't have a basement. I guess I'll have to build a bunker under the bathtub

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 484
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank God I'm a right-wing redneck with lots of guns & ammo.

Jcole

Post Number: 3981
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll just try to talk my way out of whatever happens.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1516
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That doesn't seem fair.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 2138
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 1:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did the Loins get their sellout? I couldn't find anything

Jcole

Post Number: 3983
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 2:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, even if I had a gun, I'd probably miss, so I may as well talk.

Eastburn
Username: Eastburn

Post Number: 485
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 2:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can conduct shooting lessons at the Grindstone - Port Hope Sportsman's Club.

Zitro

Post Number: 2139
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: On SJFB there's is an article from a 64 SJ Calendar which mentions Jimmy The Clown being part of the entertainment after a Cub Scout dinner.

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 1097
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z: Send in the clowns. Tx for the FB info

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1099
Posted on Friday, October 03, 2008 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The above article from the freep Sept 28, 2008 is about Sister Kathy Avery and her interesting ways to motivate students to read. You may remember she gained national attention a few months back with her controversial saying in church banned swear words... It got everyone's attention. BTW, I saw this article after the mentioning of the Avery family a few posts ago (eerily coincidental)
She was my baby sitter. Nice to see she can do hand stands at 65.

Zitro

Post Number: 2143
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 12:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Former Tigers Shortstop passed away, the Tigers got him, Aurelio Rodriguez, Joe Coleman & Jim Hannan for Denny McClain, Don Wert, Norm McRae & Elliot Maddox one of the Tigers better trades.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s tories/B/BBO_OBIT_BRINKMAN?SIT E=MIDTN&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE= DEFAULT

7andkelly

Post Number: 1518
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You beat me to posting the link about Brinkman. MGRHS.

I hated the Tigers for making this trade. How could they give up on my 31 game winning, World Series Champion hero?! Of course, hindsight is 20-20, and Rodriguez, Brinkman and Coleman were solid for us.

And Eddie Brinkman was a class act!

Zitro

Post Number: 2148
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PPPPPPPfriggin'U. First time the Loins have been on TV here. What a mess of a team. Absolutely disgraceful. They should have kept Millen on board so he would have had to suffer through this too. They did him a favor

7andkelly

Post Number: 1521
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

B v n w

7andkelly

Post Number: 1522
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 6:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations to the 2008 WNBA Champions, The Detroit Shock! What a great team...a credit to themselves, and a source of DEtroit pride.

Zitro

Post Number: 2151
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats to the Shock. That makes 2 World Champions in one year. How many does San Jose have again?

7andkelly

Post Number: 1524
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1103
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 11:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's right Zitro, ZERO

Are the Lions officially beyond the intercession of our patron saint?

Zitro

Post Number: 2152
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If anyone can name more than 2 positives to hang their hat on then I would say there's hope. I can't find them.

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 217
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

still say the next piece for the lions is to get rid of the coach, then somehow get cowher to coach and floyd reese as GM. don't know if our patron saint can help the pussycats, but something has to give. ford won't be able to take them as a tax write off much longer. hang in there lions fans.

Jcole

Post Number: 4000
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But every week that damned stadium is sold out. I know the last few thousand seats are usually paid for by some corporation, but did it never occur to these people that if they continue to buy tickets and fill Ford's pockets, nothing needs to change. They are making money. They aren't hurting, just the fans are hurting

12468_laing
Username: 12468_laing

Post Number: 218
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

here is what happens in tn. when the oilers left houston and became the titans, they got a new stadium. the season ticket holders had to buy a PSL - personal seat license - in addition to the season tickets. this guarantees sell out games even if all the seats have a butt in them or not. so at the beginning of each game, the announcer says, "Nashville has the best fans in the NFL - today's game is the XXth consecutive sellout. Let's hear it!" go figure! wonder if the lions are doing that, too?

Zitro

Post Number: 2154
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 12:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the presser, Marinelli is excited about the opportunity today. I wonder how the rest of th team feels? He says they have to get back to basics!! It's the 6th week! Rob Parker is a buttcrack.

Jcole

Post Number: 4011
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 12:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

By 'back to the basics' do they mean new coach, new players and new owner? That's the only way I see it working.
U of M is doing a better job with a kid just out of high school. They won a game

Zitro

Post Number: 2155
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's not what he means but rest assured everyone else does. He's a smooth talker, I'll give him that.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1104
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marinelli is toying with the press. Maybe after answering poignant question after poignant question with the same "tomorrow is another day" or "we had a good week of practice" the press will just go away shaking their heads like the AFLAC duck. He either doesn't have the articulation to handle heated questions or just doesn't give a rat's a@$...probably both. It's a game with the press....who's going to blink first?

Zitro

Post Number: 2156
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He has the "Ford Shield of Invulnerability" surrounding him, he can act anyway he wants I guess.

Zitro

Post Number: 2158
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laing: Are you going to the debate tomorrow?

7andkelly

Post Number: 1525
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's what I want to see for the next election:

1. Once you send in your absentee ballot, you will have the option to set your TV, radio, phone and internet in such a way as to block all political ads, debates and discussion until after election day, or weeks later, if necessary, when the Supreme Court finally decides who won.

2. All primaries will run on the same day...in July. Anyone declaring their candidacy before June 1 would be automatically disqualified. I don't think the founders intended for the American people to be held hostage in this way for so long to this tedious, divisive and unproductive political process.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1106
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 2:28 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: You want to take away all our fun