Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » :::Eastside Memories Megathread::: » Eastwood memories » Eastwood memories - Archives » Archive through October 05, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Eastside_man
Username: Eastside_man

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anybody here go to Richard school on Lappin during to 60's.

7andkelly
Username: 7andkelly

Post Number: 1467
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No. Did you?

7andkelly

Post Number: 1483
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This would be a great day to rake those leaves into the street. There is nothing like the sweet scent of burning leaves on a cloudy damp Fall day.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1484
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After that, I think I'll get the hose out to rinse the ashes down to the sewer, and power wash the burn marks.

Zitro
Username: Zitro

Post Number: 2100
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Didn't Al Gore say that would melt the polar ice cap? I thought I heard him say that from his 20,000 sq. ft. house. To paraphrase the Church Lady "Isn't that Inconvenient"

7andkelly

Post Number: 1486
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 6:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the cap melts we can drill for more oil offshore. Now that's what I call convenient!

Eastside61
Username: Eastside61

Post Number: 2214
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Almost as big as 15847 Eastwood which I think was about 1100 Sq Ft until my father added the illegal bedroom to the back of the house...It was the street where I learn everythng that inspired 7&K , KR and others who came later and benefitted from what GB and I were able to establish...We will all be celebrating soon .... like a month to go.....and a new spirit for America will be moving forward... Amazing...!!! A victory in November and the Stanley Cup for SJ in June....things are GREAT!

Kellyroad
Username: Kellyroad

Post Number: 1083
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Inquiring minds want to know. What did GB establish on Eastwood?

Your inquisitive and soul searching fellow Eastwoodian
KR

Eastside61

Post Number: 2215
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: As part of the Eastwood tradition of outreaching to the down trodden and the weak.... We (Eastwood Rebublican Committee)were able to at various times bring in others (such as) the older GB ... to teach him the ways of OUR STREET .... he did embrace the hard work ethic, the family values, the need for community - that we all learned .... he has stumbled recently and has become very sullen as the name calling and political put downs have taken its toll ... he keeps playing the Tina Fey SNL skits over and over .... I know that you, Z and 7 will all want him to recover from this grave illness.....

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1084
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Hopefully the political rhetoric and the election doesn't cause GB to bolt to Costa Rica. After all, look at the bright side.... The recipes for moose chili, elk stew and discount cruises to the Inside passage are just what this country needs to solidify its moral compass and esteemed leadership on this beautiful planet

Eastside61

Post Number: 2217
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 11:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: GB and Myself have decided to stay as change is just around the corner after 11/4.... It actually would be cool that the whole group that is part of this whacko thread would be able to meet on the EASTSIDE and have a cold Strohs and give each other a high five.....and then shakehands and start sending meaningless threads to each other again.... hang in there...!!!!

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1085
Posted on Tuesday, September 30, 2008 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: I'm assuming by "change" you mean the first female vice president. Let's see 4 different states 6 or 7 different counties...sure why not. My resume needs to be updated however. Is it ok If I bring some of my publications or would citations in index medicus be sufficient? If you guys are in the D, let us all know. A fire brewed cold one (or refreshment of one's choosing) sounds very inviting.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2218
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR: DO you have access to tickets for the Wings .... ???? Because it will be a battle in May....I do have ticket access to the Sharks along with a great friendship with the Fins Group Ticket Sales manager and a daughter who will be marrying Jon Cheechoo in July which means my hockey life out here is well covered.....It would be great if we could get the old gang including you, Z, 7&k, JC, GB, OD and myself to head to the JOE for a game.....and have our pic taken all sitting together and actually talking .....and enjoying another Sharks win...ha ha...

Olddetroiter
Username: Olddetroiter

Post Number: 1454
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 9:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Don’t be surprised if Jon is playing for the Wings in a year or two. The best players all want to wear the winged wheel, even if they have to take a pay cut to do it. Hossa, Hossa, Hossa!!! Will Jon be able to get us tickets at the Joe when he joins the WIngs?

7andkelly

Post Number: 1490
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did someone sneeze? Gesundheit...or does that offend you?

Zitro

Post Number: 2105
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 10:17 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eat Sht: As is usually the case, your elitist attitude obscures you from the fact that people can see through a thinly veiled attempt at bipartisanship. Having said this, so you know where I stand in the future with any of your invites (A)-I don't imbibe (B) I don't like you (no offense) (C) The next time I go back to Detroit I will be surrounding myself with my own family and friends, of which I don't consider you a part of.

Now, if I'm ever at a point in my life where I start to feel things are going to well and don't feel I deserve to have the serenity that I'm feeling, I'll be more than happy to look you up.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1491
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 1:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What he said, ES, and since I now have the most seniority of years living on Eastwood (20+), I demand you leave this thread immediately, and never show your slimy smarmy whiney commie hack face here again (no offense).

7andkelly

Post Number: 1495
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And by the way, my name, address and resume are none of your f'ing business. I don't need your's or your dickhead former friend goblow's pompous ass approval. That would be the day! Eat sht, Eat sht.

Eastside61

Post Number: 2223
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: when can we meet? I will come alone since you don't like GB...

Zitro

Post Number: 2107
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 2:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pompous, egotistical, communistic, slimy, whiney AND violent. Nice combination!

Goblue
Username: Goblue

Post Number: 2417
Posted on Wednesday, October 01, 2008 - 11:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ES: Why waste time with these losers? I don't have the time to interact with Bud Lite delivery drivers. Once a pair of losers...they'll always be a pair of losers...their angry outbursts betray them.

(Message edited by GoBlue on October 01, 2008)

7andkelly

Post Number: 1500
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 9:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The whole point is you think you're better than truck drivers. You think you're better than someone who just got their GED. You think you're better than anyone who doesn't agree with you. You think you're above God himself. Who is the real loser here?

Zitro

Post Number: 2113
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Amen!

Eastside61

Post Number: 2225
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Z and 7: GOD is a woman ..... no wonder you are all screwed up!!!

Zitro

Post Number: 2130
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Funny comment coming from atheistic commie

Zitro

Post Number: 2145
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 4:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well 7 it looks like you win. Your superior intellect and vast Eastwood seniority have prevailed. Congratulations!

7andkelly

Post Number: 1517
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah shucks, Z, it was nothing. But they left this place in such a mess. It's like walking through a war zone. The air is cleaner already, and that's a good thing. Now I can go to Georges, pick up my stuff, and walk through the alley back over to my curb here and enjoy my Mr. Freeze and baseball cards in peace...and write. That's all I ever really wanted.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Saturday, October 04, 2008 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK 7 since you "won" it will sure interesting to hear more of your cherished Eastwood memories. Do you recall a house on the south side of Eastwood just off the alley behind just east of Morang. It was much older than the other homes on the block. It must have been one of the original farm houses on Eastwood probably built shortly after WWI. I don't think the house still exists. I delivered the News there in the 60s (the Youngs occupied the house at that time). There was something intriguing about that house. There was a dirt drive way that traversed the west side of the house leading to a shed and then back out to the Morang alley. That pie shape of land created be the driveway, Morang alley and the eastwood side walk had a huge shade tree just made for climbing. If you don't remember perhaps ES does or maybe even some non-Eastwoodians can chime in if they do.

7andkelly

Post Number: 1519
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 9:43 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KR, our dearly departed 7_and_kelly_kid (David), may God rest his dear soul, is smiling down on us today to see his dream for a peaceful, purposeful thread, dedicated to the wholesome memories of his beloved Eastwood days, finally restored. The peace loving man that he was, he refused to fight those who so viciously and rudely pirated his venue for their selfish wishes. He must have wondered why they couldn't have just started their own thread(s), or taken their inappropriate intimate discussions to email.

And yes, KR, I do recall that house. And being it was an older house, it seemed a little spookier than most on Halloween...not that it mattered so much as we raced from house to house with our pillowcases. Those homes off Morang and Kelly with the triangle border on one side were the primo lots. And who could forget the elms that formed a canopy of shade over the street. AC wasn't so prevalent back in the 60s, but with the elms you got cooled off anyway.

Kellyroad

Post Number: 1101
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

7: Did you live closer to Hayes or Kelly on Eastwood?