Discuss Detroit » DISCUSS DETROIT! » ::: DetroitYES Sports Forum ::: » 2008 Lions Football » Archive through October 09, 2008 « Previous Next »
Top of pageBottom of page

Downriviera
Username: Downriviera

Post Number: 1001
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happy bye week to my fellow Lions fans. Its a beautiful Sunday, no pressure to watch the weekly fiasco.

Knocturnal
Username: Knocturnal

Post Number: 257
Posted on Sunday, September 28, 2008 - 4:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There will be nothing to share laughter about around the water cooler tomorrow morning, however.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 10409
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wait, did Detroit lose in the bye week as well?

;)

Flanders_field
Username: Flanders_field

Post Number: 1077
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about RIGHT NOW??

uhh...how does 17-0 Bears sound??

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1078
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Much of the Lions hometown crowd is now cheering the Bears' TD 24-0 in the 3rd quarter.

Orlovsky has taken over as QB in the second half over Quitna, and his group of butterfingered recievers...maybe the Lions can avoid being shutout and kick a FG or two...LOL!!

EDIT...Ooopsy Danno just thew an INT with his second pass for a TD...31-0 Bears!!

...and the rout is on..LMAO!!

(Message edited by Flanders_field on October 05, 2008)

20043_stotter
Username: 20043_stotter

Post Number: 605
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lyin's fans, please, no more sellouts. Show the television fans some mercy, please?

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1079
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kevin Smith runs one in after the fumble recovery and emphatically slams the football to the turf..LOL!! and the Lions score to make it 31-7.

Ray1936
Username: Ray1936

Post Number: 3727
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is there doubt in anyone's mind that MSU could easily beat the Lions?

Flanders_field

Post Number: 1080
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, and even mediocre UM could likely make it a competitive game vs the Lions as well.

Izzyindetroit
Username: Izzyindetroit

Post Number: 108
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 7:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Much of the Lions hometown crowd is now cheering the Bears' TD 24-0 in the 3rd quarter."

Actually... I was at the Lions game and those were the Bears fans cheering. They seriously made up for more than a third of the audience.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 1037
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish the radio stations would stop covering the lions...I wish the fans would stop attending games....THis should be the last post on the detroit lions...

20043_stotter

Post Number: 608
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Defend, This won't be the last post on the Lyin's. They deserve no mercy for lying to fans for all these years. They deserve every spit and shit given to them by the fans who were hoodwinked and fell for their bullshit. Only you can turn off the radio and not watch them on tv or refuse to go to the games. The laughing stock of the NFL doesn't need the fans to let them off so easy.

Defendbrooklyn
Username: Defendbrooklyn

Post Number: 1038
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agree.... But one time i would love the lions to have a home game and not one fan to show up. That would be great!

20043_stotter

Post Number: 609
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe, if they lose 15 in a row, nobody will show for the last game and you will have your wish.

_sj_
Username: _sj_

Post Number: 2631
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gotta love how fans here like to shout from rooftops how great they are when in reality they are some of the worst sports fans in the country.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8945
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 12:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And yet we're here week after week complaining, kvetching and bemoaning this team. Yeah, dare I say it? We're ALL Lions fans here despite how miserable the team performs on the field.

And _sj_, if the Lions faithful are truly lousy sports fans, then explain to me the loyalty they have? Don't discount fan loyalty to their teams now. It's always easy to cheer for the perennial leaders of the pack, but it's also a badge of honor for some people to cheer for a team they consider theirs. Only one team in the end wins it- that doesn't make all of the other teams' fans lousy sports fans.

Slam the Lions' play all you want (more than likely we'll all agree with you on it) but please don't take it out on the fan faithful of any team. Obviously enough caring people, such as us are willing to discuss it here, the newspapers, online (just go check out MLive.com's amount of commentary), sports talk shows and the like every Monday morning.

I've asked this before- if you truly don't care about this team, why are you even posting here? Aren't there other threads of much more considerable interest for you to entertain yourselves? I'm willing to admit that I'm a fan of this piss poor, rotten performing team every week and that's why I comment on them here. What's everyone else's reason for it?

_sj_

Post Number: 2636
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree, rooting for a loser is a real fan, it is easy to root for the winners.

But Detroit sports fans like to think of themselves as top notch. The rest of the country doesn't share that same view. The fight at the Palace. The HBO piece on violence at the Silverdome, Fan marches and protests. Now calling for no one to show up. That is not top notch.

Smogboy
Username: Smogboy

Post Number: 8948
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

_sj_, i think that the rest of the country's view on what kind of sports fan are is still indicative of what they perceive of this region. People still expect us to riot like we did after the 1984 Tigers World Series. And yet check out things like the hooligan soccer riots in Europe, the Montreal & Vancouver hockey riots last year, collegiate celebrations and numerous other fan embarrassments- they just don't get attached to those individual cities as do any sort of flare ups we have here in the area.

As far as fan marches, protests, bags over our heads, etc., I would count that into the category of fans still caring. It's kind of akin to us bitching here- we care. Fans who are willing to talk, discuss and rightfully so complain are passionate people. To tell those people not to have any sort of compassion is pointless and totally insipid.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 520
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 5:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't blame the Lions, or Ford, or Millen. Blame the curse of Bobby Layne (which ends today)!!

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.d ll/article?AID=/20081002/OPINI ON03/810020385/1126/SPORTS0101

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 536
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't care if they lose, I care if they compete. all of that giving up B.S. is what I don't like about Quitna. This is a good team they just need a leader at the helm. If you have a puss as a QB then you will have a puss of a team. Quitna kills the Offense and the defense when he gets on the field by his timing. I can call out the run defense from home still no Audible, hell even the anouncers are saying what the hell strategy are the lions going with. Look I play Madden 09' and I'm killing online players with the Lions. I look at the height, weight, and speed of our players and they match up well with other good teams. Our Offense isn't setting up the Defense for success and that's what needs to change. We don't have a good coach either. No coach would've let him go that long without pulling him and when you do it puts more frustration on the team as a whole. The moral is that it's just another losing season so I can see why everyone quits.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 610
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brag, When was it they had a competing team? Well, I believe it was 1990, 18 years ago and your still a fan.....good for you. That really says something.

Bragaboutme
Username: Bragaboutme

Post Number: 537
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What about 93' 94' 99'?? I think we keep shooting ourselves in the foot with the choices we are making at QB. We were 6-2 cause of our defense making plays and saving Quitnas behind last year.

20043, think about it your a fan too.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 611
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 6:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brag, I don't believe the Lyin's went to the playoffs since 1990. Lots of teams make the playoffs every year. If you don't make post season play, you must not have had a competing team. I guess they are so bad, that if they have a .500 season, some might think that as being competitive and acceptable. Lets face it, they are the laughing stock of the Nat'l Football League and have been for a long time. I don't know what you call a competing team and don't want to know, but mine is making post season play. Anything below that is substandard to me.

Raptor56
Username: Raptor56

Post Number: 521
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 12:13 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Once again, the Lie Downs made the playoffs in 1991 (only win), 93, 94, 95, 97, and 99.

http://www.detroitlions.com/do cument_display.cfm?cont_id=108 650

20043_stotter

Post Number: 612
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 6:07 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Raptor, Thanks for the info on the playoffs. The Lyin's still suck, and are a very bad team.

_sj_

Post Number: 2638
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In Marty's first year when they were 2-14 they competed every game and a lot them came down to the end.

Goat
Username: Goat

Post Number: 10422
Posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who gives a shit how they competed in the past; whether or not they made the playoffs then and who played on the team.
What I want NOW is a fucking win. What I want now is a good team not the shit we have to see evey week.
Truly I tell you, this team has but 2 players with talent; Johnson and Sims. The rest are not even 2nd string talent. They will be lucky to be 8-8 in 4 years.

The only reason I go to the games is the tail-gating and drinking. If any fan tells you they ar there for the game they are lying because anyone who enjoys football cannot enjoy watching the Lions. It is really embarassing.

20043_stotter

Post Number: 615
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NFL Network is saying the Lyin's are shopping Roy Williams around the league and Dallas and Philadelphia may be interested. They want 1 or 2 first round draft picks for him. He hasn't done that much has he?

Kenp
Username: Kenp

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 8:11 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Roy Williams is very good. It appears that Roy is leaving after this year anyway, so getting a first round pick would be a good move.
You never hear about mid season trades in the NFL. I suppose the salary cap is an issue.

Border5150
Username: Border5150

Post Number: 268
Posted on Thursday, October 09, 2008 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote: "They will be lucky to be 8-8 in 4 years"

These guys would be lucky to win 8 games WITHIN four years (8-56).